ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Nearly Confirmed Uber Challenge :D!  (Read 12655 times)
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« on: July 19, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »

So i've been doing glitches in Ocarina of time 3D and i have come up with a new Uber Challenge Smiley. I have made the rules and here they are.
Yes, i know this may seem more harder than CheeseoMan's original challenge. That's why it's more fun.

NOTE: WE JUST NEED A MIDO SKIP AND EITHER ONE OF THESE 2, 1) BOMBLESS WAY OF GETTING TO SPIRIT TEMPLE, GETTING TO GERUDO'S FORTRESS WITHOUT BOMBS IS CONFIRMED. OR 2) BOMBCHUS EARLY!!

**Sword Related

-No Biggoron Sword
-Must use Broken Giant's Sword (except Ganon) Meaning you'll need Adult's Wallet

**Skippable Items Related

-No Fire Arrows
-No Lens of Truth
-No Longshot
-No Zora Tunic
-No Iron Boots
-No Capicity Upgrades
-No Heart Containers/Pieces
-No Great Fairy gifts except Magic Meter and Din's Fire
-No Gold Skulltula family gifts from 20 or more Gold Skulltulas
-No Golden Scale (Don't need it for Water Temple, Silver Scale will do)
-No Maps/Compasses
-No Golden Gauntlets
-No Gerudo Token

**Requirements to Complete Challenge
-All Medallions
-Get  Silver Gauntlets before becoming an Adult.
-Kill Dark Link
-Shadow Medallion before entering another Adult Temple ( Just "Poe Hover", yes it's possible and very hard... )

NOTE: I recommend the Adult Temples in this order (Shadow > Fire > Forest > Water > Spirit)

**Restrictions of Challenge

-Cannot use Action Replay (One will come i bet)
-Cannot use Din's Fire outside of Water Temple (goes for central room Only)
-Cannot Use Hammer outside of Fire Temple and only for STUNNING Volvagia
-Cannot use bottle, other than for Fish for Jabu Jabu and for Reflecting Phantom Ganon's/Ganondorf's energy balls.

**Song Related

-Learn Zelda's Lullaby
-Learn Saria's Song
-Learn Song of Time
-Learn Minuet of Forest

NOTE: THIS IS AN UNFINISHED CHALLENGE, YOU MAY TRY THESE RULES BUT THERE IS MORE CHALLENGES AND RULES TO COME!!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:45:29 AM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:46:03 PM »

-No Capicity Upgrades (Only Deku Sticks)
May I ask WHY? .____.'
What do you mean by only deku sticks?
We don't need no deku stick upgrade Sad

Also, you should make it so that you have to get magic from death mountain crater, and not the one outside.
Requires a good megaflip to pull it off, adding some challenge into it.

You could also make it so that you're not allowed to get gerudo's membership card. That'd be fun.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:55:27 PM by CloudMax » Logged

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »

-No Capicity Upgrades (Only Deku Sticks)
May I ask WHY? .____.'
What do you mean by only deku sticks?
We don't need no deku stick upgrade Sad

Also, you should make it so that you have to get magic from death mountain crater, and not the one outside.
Requires a good megaflip to pull it off, adding some challenge into it.
Your right sorry, 10 is enough and more challenging! Also, for the DMC to get the Magic is a great idea, but it doesn't get by anything. What i mean is going through DMC won't skip anything going the regular way of getting magic. So it won't show proof that you went through DMC.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:59:01 PM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »

Your right sorry, 10 is enough and more challenging! Also, for the DMC to get the Magic is a great idea, but it doesn't get by anything. What i mean is going through DMC won't skip anything going the regular way of getting magic. So it won't show proof that you went through DMC.
nvm.. I remembered it all wrong.. I thought you could get magic there first, but apperently you cant Tongue

Also, check the thing about gerudo membership.

And tektite hover into fishing pond should be possible, no one has confirmed it yet though Tongue

Also, no newgame+, lol.

Open odd mushroom chest.... <.<'
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:14:37 PM by CloudMax » Logged

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

What do you mean Odd Mushroom Treasure Chest? How would it effect the challenge? I get how it does skip mostly everything in the game as adult except Ganon's Tower. But this challenge needs all Medallions and defeating all bosses.

Also, for the Gerudo Membership, I've been trying to do the N64 version glitch of getting past the gate leading to HW, but no success yet. Also, learning Requiem of Spirit isn't needed because, you don't need Silver Gauntlets. Theres no point in getting to the ST as a child then. Is there another way to get past the gate leading to HW as an adult?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:23:59 PM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »

What do you mean Odd Mushroom Treasure Chest? How would it effect the challenge? I get how it does skip mostly everything in the game as adult except Ganon's Tower. But this challenge needs all Medallions and defeating all bosses.

Also, for the Gerudo Membership, I've been trying to do the N64 version glitch of getting past the gate leading to HW, but no success yet. Also, learning Requiem of Spirit isn't needed because, you don't need Silver Gauntlets. Theres no point in getting to the ST as a child then. Is there another way to get past the gate leading to HW as an adult?

This is not a low%, this is suppost to be challenging.

Getting to spirit temple as child link is challenging.
It requires you to use megaflip + damage boost to get over the fence at the bridge.
then it requires either 2 well aimed megaflips to get over the wooden gate, or a seam walk follwed up by a megaflip to unload the lower section of gerudo's fortress.
After that you have to do a bombslide to get over the quicksand, then you have to navigare through the entire desert without the lens of truth.

If this doesn't belong to the uber challenge, then I do not know what does.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/area/gerudo-desert
(Note that the methods for skipping the wooden gate isn't on the page... I'll add them tommorow..)

And mushroom was just something I made up. You were not suppost to RBA it, just get it. But screw that.

Also, is it possible to skip hover boots by using bombslides and megaflips? Or is it not possible.
The longshot clip to skip the entire temple is not possible as it would require a longshot. Not sure about the rest of the temple though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:51:55 PM by CloudMax » Logged

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:20 AM »

This is not a low%, this is suppost to be challenging.

Getting to spirit temple as child link is challenging.
It requires you to use megaflip + damage boost to get over the fence at the bridge.
then it requires either 2 well aimed megaflips to get over the wooden gate, or a seam walk follwed up by a megaflip to unload the lower section of gerudo's fortress.
After that you have to do a bombslide to get over the quicksand, then you have to navigare through the entire desert without the lens of truth.

If this doesn't belong to the uber challenge, then I do not know what does.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/area/gerudo-desert
(Note that the methods for skipping the wooden gate isn't on the page... I'll add them tommorow..)

And mushroom was just something I made up. You were not suppost to RBA it, just get it. But screw that.

Also, is it possible to skip hover boots by using bombslides and megaflips? Or is it not possible.
The longshot clip to skip the entire temple is not possible as it would require a longshot. Not sure about the rest of the temple though.
True,  Well i will add the ST as Child. (Not Odd Mushroom because, it's only purpose is to get you medallions so not that, Because you need the Odd Pultice to get to Shadow Temple before any other temple.) (This method does overwrite Saria's song, so you MUST go to Mido first thing after you become Adult Link! DONT LEARN MINUET OF FOREST UNTIL AFTER SHADOW TEMPLE)
Also, you will have to do Gerudo stuff before Master Sword)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:03:47 AM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:09:58 AM »

True,  Well i will add the ST as Child. (Not Odd Mushroom because, it's only purpose is to get you medallions so not that, Because you need the Odd Pultice to get to Shadow Temple before any other temple.) (This method does overwrite Saria's song, so you MUST go to Mido first thing after you become Adult Link! DONT LEARN MINUET OF FOREST UNTIL AFTER SHADOW TEMPLE)
Also, you will have to do Gerudo stuff before Master Sword)

So we do RBA songs? I thought RBA wasn't allowed due to no bottles
We all thought you meant Poe hover up there, which would be horrible.

But if we RBA it, then odd mushroom chest would make sense, as that makes the trading sequence shorter?
And why not just RBA wallet while we're at it? :/
RBA ruins he purpose of uber challenge, it just makes it all weird
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:13:26 AM by CloudMax » Logged

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »

So we do RBA songs? I thought RBA wasn't allowed due to no bottles
We all thought you meant Poe hover up there, which would be horrible.

But if we RBA it, then odd mushroom chest would make sense, as that makes the trading sequence shorter?
And why not just RBA wallet while we're at it? :/
RBA ruins he purpose of uber challenge, it just makes it all weird
Well you only need one bottle. It says no Kokiri Sword, so you can do Lon Lon Stick, then get Bottle on B, Get Odd Poultice, overwrite Saria's Song and Minuet of Forest. But if You RBA a wallet, your silver scale spot will be overwritten and you'll only dive for 1 second. You NEED Golden Scale for water temple, to dive down in the spot where you push the block into the water (in main room). Tektites won't reach onto the ledge where the box is.
Also, Poe Hover is horrible (I never performed it and didn't know if it worked on 3D) but if it does i'll have to try it.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »

Well you only need one bottle. It says no Kokiri Sword, so you can do Lon Lon Stick, then get Bottle on B, Get Odd Poultice, overwrite Saria's Song and Minuet of Forest. But if You RBA a wallet, your silver scale spot will be overwritten and you'll only dive for 1 second. You NEED Golden Scale for water temple, to dive down in the spot where you push the block into the water (in main room). Tektites won't reach onto the ledge where the box is.
Also, Poe Hover is horrible (I never performed it and didn't know if it worked on 3D) but if it does i'll have to try it.

So it isn't possible to get golden scale after RBAing over dive slot?
Also, it says that we are not allowed to use bottles, which is why I do not see how RBA would be possible.
You said that we're only allowed to use Ruto's letter, but not any other bottled item.

And Poe Hover SHOULD be possible, it is just that it is insanely annoying and hard to work with D:

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

So it isn't possible to get golden scale after RBAing over dive slot?
Also, it says that we are not allowed to use bottles, which is why I do not see how RBA would be possible.
You said that we're only allowed to use Ruto's letter, but not any other bottled item.

And Poe Hover SHOULD be possible, it is just that it is insanely annoying and hard to work with D:
It is possible, but whats the point of RBAing a Pocket Egg? You can just get the 10 Skulltulas and thats it. Plus you'll have the Odd Mushroom (still have to test this) and just take it to the old hag, and you'll have the Odd Poultice.

Also, if it's possible can you show me a video or demonstration of Poe Hover in Graveyard? Plus I'm not sure its possible because, the Seam is steeper and higher than N64 / Virtual Console version.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:47:18 PM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »

It is possible, but whats the point of RBAing a Pocket Egg? You can just get the 10 Skulltulas and thats it. Plus you'll have the Odd Mushroom (still have to test this) and just take it to the old hag, and you'll have the Odd Poultice.

Also, if it's possible can you show me a video or demonstration of Poe Hover in Graveyard? Plus I'm not sure its possible because, the Seam is steeper and higher than N64 / Virtual Console version.

We do not have a video of it, sadly. But some people have said that they've been on the seam, and some believe that it should be possible to hover from the "suns song graveyard stone" up onto the fence.. I do not know if that is possible though.

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »

We do not have a video of it, sadly. But some people have said that they've been on the seam, and some believe that it should be possible to hover from the "suns song graveyard stone" up onto the fence.. I do not know if that is possible though.
Well i'm sure it's possible to get on the seam but, not sure if you can walk on it without falling. Also the gates too high to be reached by the tomb :/
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »

Well i'm sure it's possible to get on the seam but, not sure if you can walk on it without falling. Also the gates too high to be reached by the tomb :/

gates too high what..?
Get up onto the suns song tombstone and poe hover from up FROM the tomb.

And then there is people who say that it is easier to walk on the seam on 3ds than it is on console...

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »

gates too high what..?
Get up onto the suns song tombstone and poe hover from up FROM the tomb.

And then there is people who say that it is easier to walk on the seam on 3ds than it is on console...
Nevermind got the gate height wrong. Anyways how do we get on the grave? theres no grass to push us on it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: