ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:53:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1223099 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #735 on: April 11, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »

Oh okay, didn't know about fall damage being needed. I wonder if landing in the trigger zone (which I don't think I could easily do) while taking damage would count as the CS being watched. More stuff that I need to test, which I pretty much never will.
I'm pretty sure that landing some fall damage in that area will start the cutscene and instantly kill link after, I can test now.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #736 on: April 11, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can't start hover after cs (cf: dying on great fish island or forest island after the presentation cutscene).

Also I don't think it is possible to jump over the wooden boat. But I may be wrong.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #737 on: April 11, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

Sure, go ahead and try it. I dont think I have a save close to it and I won't have any time to play until Monday.

Also, something that has to do with the old wrong warp thing. Sometimes while doing the first superswim from outset to wfi, I would get the fadeout at the quadrant. Idk why or if it is the same thing as the fadeout during endless night for the wrong warp. I haven't drowned afterwards and since I don't have the KoRL, I haven't seen if he is at ToG. Just interesting, ik the warp is useless.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:52:05 AM by Abahbob » Logged
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #738 on: April 14, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »

Skip great staircase fight in Ganon's Tower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y9xItPbPHA

How to: Backflip, pull out leaf, press A to stop the floating to grab the ledge, press 'right' to climb to the clipping spot and when Link stops moving on, get up from the ledge
* It only seems to work on the left side of the room
* If done on console, you might need to dispose of enemies since they could disturb the clip
* You will need to have a good angle -- the ledge grab shown in the video was the best I could do in a few minutes of trying, since Link didn't want to grab the ledge any closer to the clipping spot
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #739 on: April 15, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »

Do you think it'd be faster than defeating the enemies on console speedrun? It looks like it would be faster.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #740 on: April 15, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »

Do you think it'd be faster than defeating the enemies on console speedrun? It looks like it would be faster.

Only if you skip light arrows

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2012, 02:48:36 AM »

It seems as if behind the trees on outset blocking the forest of fairies, there is actually an invisible barrier unless you actually use the sword on the trees. I think thats why that one time when you just started your TAS project abahbob, before multiple route changes, you had so much trouble getting past them

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #742 on: April 21, 2012, 03:44:49 AM »

Well I think that those trees are programmed differently from others, and do not move side to side when pushed against, forming a "solid" surface.
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #743 on: April 21, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

I was thinking this was almost worthy of a new topic, but decided to post here instead.

I was having this error in two occasions now, and when it occurs L-targetting wouldn't work at all.
Right at the beginning of my first run, the game would recognize L (the C-stick icon on the top right would blink), but it would not show affect (no aiming, no targetting people, no switching screens in the inventory). When I restarted the game, the disc couldn't be read a couple times, but it worked just fine after I cleaned it with a tissue.

The second occurrence was in the Wind temple in my second run, where L-targetting, all of a sudden, did aim but didn't target enemies so I reset the game (lost 3 minutes) and it worked. What's weird is aiming worked, as opposed to the first occurrence. I don't know if to assume it's a disc error or a glitch in the game - the disc doesn't show scratches and has been treated carefully.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #744 on: April 21, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »

Could be the laser in your GC or something. Almost sounds like a hardware issue, but really strange effects. I guess you just need to keep playing and see if it happens again.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #745 on: April 22, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »

Could be just a little controller problem. You know how you can change the stick's neutral position by holding it in a certain spot before plugging it in or turning on the game? Same deal here, if the shoulder buttons are pressed down when you start the console then they won't work unless you unplug/plug it back in.
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #746 on: April 22, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »

It is 100% not a controller problem. Like I said, the game reacts somewhat to my input but targetting would stop working completely.
I've been playing Mario sunshine, SSBM and other games on this gamecube for years and never had problems. I'm going to assume it's the disc, it's too bad I can't really prevent it from happening...
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #747 on: April 22, 2012, 11:42:20 AM »

It seems to recognize the shoulder buttons partially when that happens, it's weird. Like in the Metroid Prime games if you hold down L on the controller before plugging it in, you won't be able to lock your view or strafe, but strangely you can lock onto scan points without scanning them, which isn't possible otherwise. So considering that, still sounds like a controller problem to me. :s
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #748 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »

weird slide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2G3glA2NTM

ghostship fight skip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGvVQ3pvt1Y

Apparently, the latter helps in farming rupees better (for Tingle)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:34:13 PM by mugg » Logged
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #749 on: May 07, 2012, 02:28:03 AM »

I think it is quite useless for now, but you can store the cutscene of the flying minigame result (sorry I can't remember the english name if the island). I get to another quadrant with hovering and when I came back to the the one of the minigame island the cutscene launched.

I had no way to have KoRL near to try other stuff before coming back to the quadrant but I should definitively try.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: