ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 03:00:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1217353 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #765 on: May 13, 2012, 01:35:38 AM »

I personally think it will eventually. I just doubt it will be within a reasonable period of time. And I doubt that it will sync well. Let's just hope it comes sooner than later.

K, I just did it on console and it ended up about 20 minutes from control to getting bombs. This doesn't include the zombie hover or freeing Tingle, which I forgot. I'm going to upload the full thing to youtube just as a proof of concept.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:46:19 AM by Abahbob » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #766 on: May 13, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »

So Dolphin has tuner support finally? Because this theoretical routing/TAS'ing it up until where you need it is just proving to be disappointing speculation. Undecided
I agree with Pheenoh, everything TAS I'm looking into is tuner-less because it'll just end up like all those barrier skip routes which have never actually gone anywhere because barrier skip was never found.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #767 on: May 13, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »

Yeah, well maybe with a full magic meter and some epic leaf pumping you could make it. Or some crazy superswim momentum. But still, if it manages to lead to some major break, then I want to find it. I hate thinking about how this wouldn't work without tuner, but it is still worth finding out that it works. It leads to more interesting information about how the game works. But I won't count on this ever becoming part of the route.
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »

About speed sidling (mashing a direction while Link is sidling), I think I figured it out somewhat.

When Link isn't "headed" towards a direction (when he is just idling in one spot, or about to idle), mashing a direction to gain distance works. I don't know what the perfect input would be for a TAS, though. It doesn't work if you head into a direction and then start mashing every other or every third frame.

In this unoptimized test I did here, I saved about 100 frames.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #769 on: May 15, 2012, 03:49:53 AM »

Today, I was thinking about getting the triforce before hyrule 1 or 2. MAY be possible in TAS, doubt it though. Anyways, its hand interesting results.

Getting the Triforce before hyrule 1, but after raising ToG, and then completing ff2 is strange. Hyrule 2 turns into a hybrid of all 3 hyrules. The colors are gone still. The triforce blocks need to be pushed. When you enter the chamber, Zelda is standing infront of Master Sword. The MS isn't drawn, like Hyrule 1 skip usually is. Zelda infront of the sword is the Hyrule 3 cutscene. When you approach, she disappears and the 2 darknut fight happens. They are both gray. After ending the fight, the fire disappears. When you leave, you instantly fadeout and the Hyrule 2 cutscene where Tetra becomes Zelda is loaded. You appear in the chamber next to Tetra, but you can move and no cutscene occurs. You can walk right through her. Leaving goes into normal Hyrule and the barrier is not breakable. After leaving and trying to complete ToG, I crashed after finishing the boss and the quick cutscene afterwards. I didn't get to ring the bell.

Here's something even more fun, a dead-end. Complete Hyrule 1, then get the Triforce, then go to Hyrule 2. The cutscene of you talking with Tetra won't occur. Tetra won't appear. KoRL won't talk. You can get in and leave. Inside, the chamber is closed. The electric barrier is blocking the way to the barrier. There is no way to open the chamber. If you leave on KoRL, he won't talk. You won't even be able to talk to him later. The sea chart doesn't show where to go. You can't get Fire and Ice arrows. Good game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CVzmB-rruQ
Complete Hyrule 1, get Triforce, then go to Hyrule 2. Strange effects. Pretty much, the statue is in place on top of the chamber. In order to get into the chamber, you need to clip under the castle (Using Mugg's method for the Hyrule 1 fight skip). Entering the chamber activates the Hyrule 3 Zelda Cutscene/fight. When you leave the chamber, the Hyrule 2 cutscene loads, but doesn't play. You are standing infront of the Master Sword pedestal and Tetra is standing next to you, and she has no collision. Leaving now works, the statue is still in place. You can walk right through it. If you go to the barrier, the electric barrier blocking you from it disappears. Klydestorm said that that is one of the requirements for being able to brake the barrier. Sadly, since you don't have the MS3, you can't break the barrier. At this point, leaving causes the KoRL to give the Hyrule 2 text. If you talk with him again, he gives the text after the Hyrule 3 fight telling you to go to Ganon. Seems like no skip here yet. The temples are shown as places to go on the Sea Chart.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:54:26 PM by Abahbob » Logged
ArcaneZaros
Deku Scrub

Happy 12th Birthday ZFG!

WWW Email
« Reply #770 on: May 16, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »

This needs to be tested on jap version, because the cs automatically loads when you reach the barrier instead of you having to swing the sword. Maybe the flags will be different in the japanese version?

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #771 on: May 16, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »

Hmm, perhaps. I would assume it's the same requirements, but maybe not. I still need to get a Jpn version. Need moneyz.