ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:20:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831084 times)
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #930 on: October 31, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »

Edit: That reminds me, if you set a FW point at entrance Link's house on start up as child, can you death hole ww there and start boss rush?

Beats me. I can't seem to use Deku Nuts there and trying to move around in one of those semi-fixed camera areas in both complete darkness and with hindered controls is a pain in the ass.

When you death hole ww, you cannot "talk" to your bed, it seems that this function is disabled, so you cannot neither take a nap nor start the boss rush
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:54:07 PM by Yggdrasill » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #931 on: October 31, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »

Uh....im sorry corn but how could you miss my vid? Youve been wasting your time explaining alot of old stuff Sad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yi7XUitEBM

How could I have missed it? Maybe it's because I don't follow your channel, you don't seem to tag your videos, and your videos aren't popular. Yeah, that could be it. Or it could be that, judging from your post history, you've only posted that video once prior, and in a thread unrelated to this one. How could I have missed it... come on now.

Besides, I wasn't trying to pass forest temple as a child and its boss key skip as "new". Obviously it was possible given both the nature of death hole ww and that I used an old technique to bypass the door. This was done out of my own curiosity, and I hadn't seen covered in this thread. Most of my "explanation" was in response to claims that the game should've supposedly crashed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:28:17 PM by corneliab » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #932 on: October 31, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »

1.Ok so why not follow my channel? (JK)
2. If you look at other vids you can see them missing too. The reason being that youtube removed the option for others to see them because of somekind of abuse. (I do use them)
3. Any ideas how i can get popular Cry

"Besides, I wasn't trying to pass forest temple as a child and its boss key skip as "new". Obviously it was possible given both the nature of death hole ww and that I used an old technique to bypass the door."

If so, why bother explaining it so indepth? (needing to use the other BK skip, describing the CS etc.)

I admit I made a mistake of not posting my vids to many other threads. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:39:58 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #933 on: October 31, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »

If so, why bother explaining it so indepth? (needing to use the other BK skip, describing the CS etc.)

To establish a context for people who may be unfamiliar with the specifics of things? I try to be thorough in my explanations- this is a tendency. Hell, I posted a multiple-post thread on Gamefaqs talking about death hole and wrong warping to an audience of people where I would be lucky if even 5% of them read it through.

This is a really dumb tangent btw.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #934 on: October 31, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »

Just read it. Amazing stuff. Consider creating your own website Cheesy anyway I agree, lets just end this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #935 on: October 31, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »

I am going to share my setups for RI warps in the next few days. I will begin by stating that I combined sidehopping with holding and letting go of items at the right time. I then at least try to either pause buffer to the right frame of RI FW or just wing it and go for it. Idk how consistent this can become because it feels like it can't be expressed with numbers.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #936 on: November 06, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »

Forest Medallion CS skip setup: Target the wall near the gate, move to the left corner and roll until you can't move. Then backflip and sidehop left into the wall. Then sidehop right, backflip twice and neutral roll after holding your shield. Then sidehop right and RI FW at the edge of the warp.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #937 on: November 09, 2012, 01:36:18 AM »

Played around with RBA and a few other things.

I was able to shield before collecting the eyeball frog from King Zora, but haven't been able to pull bombs.

With a bottle on B, if you fail delivering the eyeball frog, the B bottle will revert back to a deku stick. When I FW warped to the Fishing Pond, it reverted to I think it was a blank button instead.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #938 on: November 09, 2012, 02:36:01 AM »

does it have the same effect as on n64 when you shield before the eyeball frog?

LAXYXY
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #939 on: November 10, 2012, 03:33:17 AM »

No. You can just pull the shield out for a frame.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #940 on: November 11, 2012, 04:16:09 AM »

but do you still get the eyeball frog early?

LAXYXY
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #941 on: November 12, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

You can't get the zora armor in place of the eyeball frog, but I'm not sure about doing it the other way round.

Braid
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #942 on: November 12, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »

guess we should test it.

LAXYXY
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #943 on: November 13, 2012, 06:03:09 AM »

holy crap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHhhRax1nKY kinda useless but still cool.

LAXYXY
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #944 on: November 17, 2012, 02:42:16 AM »

Was playing through different cutscenes on 64, and I discovered a chest where the graveyard heart piece is. Inside it was...
Heart Piece #38 =p

To get to it, store the main entrance to the Graveyard and DHWW to it. Thanks to Fox for confirming it on the 3d version.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:44:38 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: