ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831025 times)
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #915 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:20 AM »

It's done.

Here's what you do.

1. As child Link, set up a warp inside Thieves' Hideout, specifically at the entrance to the passageway that leads to the area above the jail. You'll have to use a megaflip to make it there.

2. If you have a lot of life, use up any fairies you may have and deplete your life down to whatever amount a bomb blast will kill you with. If you have a small amount of maximum life, using up your fairies may not be necessary if you only have one or two.

3. Make sure that you place bombs on x/y as well as a fish on the remaining x/y button. Put Farore's Wind on I or II.

4. Perform the death hole glitch. Restore your menu through Ocarina on B or Ocarina Items.

5. Warp back to Thieves' Hideout. Kill yourself with bombs so that you can select Continue. When you reload, you'll spawn at the room's exit located on the other side of the wooden barricade and at the top of the ramp.

6. By using Ocarina Items, you'll again restore the touch screen menu (including the ocarina in this case). Place a new warp point with Farore's Wind and then warp away using the Bolero of Fire.

7. You'll be transported to Hyrule Castle with wrong-warping no longer in effect. To easily restore the still-blank bottom screen, get caught by the guards. Alternatively, you can once again use Ocarina Items.

8. Warp back to Thieves' Hideout through the warp point created in step 6, take the exit, and collect the Heart Piece.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:18:16 AM by corneliab » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #916 on: October 27, 2012, 03:39:12 AM »

I should have realized dying would work too, lol. I'mma stupidhead yeah.

Dying is no good in boss room though. I had the idea to get to loaded jabu boss with sun's, also you can get into bongo boss in-bounds after bongo is dead and go in the warp -- it should be a warp to the forest temple, and here's the funny part, it's an unused entrance in the falling ceiling room. :p
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:41:27 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #917 on: October 27, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »

So combined with the one in the graveyard scene (and disregarding Dampe), you can legitimately obtain two extra heart pieces in this version. Neat.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #918 on: October 27, 2012, 03:47:04 AM »

Hey btw, it's bolero that's canceling the WW state, not necessarily the guards.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #919 on: October 27, 2012, 03:53:22 AM »

Hey btw, it's bolero that's canceling the WW state, not necessarily the guards.

Ah, you're right. I assumed it was still going on since the bottom screen was still blank. I'll edit the post.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #920 on: October 27, 2012, 01:38:20 PM »

Good job Corn. Here's a vid so you can save your time. I'll remove it if you want to make it yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFSaDs5FE
Oh and something really really funny (NOT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNN0PvS-9E
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:49:49 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #921 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »

I was actually hoping that someone would make a vid, so thanks. I don't have any means of recording at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:23:41 AM by corneliab » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #922 on: October 31, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »

As I mentioned in the questions/answers thread, I was trying to see if I could reach the setup for scene 01 at Zora's Fountain. Well, I really don't think it's possible- all my attempts lead to a crash. I warped from the Deku/Dodongo blue warps (pre-spiritual stone acquisition) with the correct timing to Gerudo Valley (coming from the tent) and Zora's Fountain (set up a warp following the post-Jabu spiritual stone scene). No dice. I haven't tried blue warp wrong-warping at Lake Hylia (coming from the Water Temple) as a child yet, but I tried a Death Hole ww from there and ended up out of bounds... not looking too hopeful there either. I'm closing the book on this one.

Man, I love death hole wrong warping. This might have been covered already, but reaching Gerudo Valley/Fortress/Training Ground as a child is easier than ever now thanks to it.

-place a warp in Dodongo's Cavern at the entrance
-do Death Hole, warp back
-you'll spawn above the entrance inside Gerudo Training Ground- hold forward so you don't hit the loading zone
-die, save/quit, and reload the file so that you're in the Training Ground with the game behaving normally again 

I was also screwing around inside the Forest Temple as young Link. Interestingly enough, the boss key skip involving clipping through the railing near the northern door just doesn't work as young Link- when you get in the correct spot and take out your sword, even though you'll grab onto the ledge from within the floor, you'll immediately be pushed back up if you let go. I had to do this godforsaken method instead. I did it though, and without a compass to boot. Got the Forest Medallion as child Link before even having the tree's spiritual stone, lol.

One last thing... I used Ocarina Items during boss rush against King Dodongo. Unfortunately, you don't seem to have any songs available. Oh well...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:45:52 AM by corneliab » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #923 on: October 31, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »

Lol, I just noticed that you can OI on the blue warps in the boss rush mode. I'm curious as to what that could do...
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #924 on: October 31, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »

You got the forest medallion as a child and watched the next cutscene, and didn't crash?

Edit: That reminds me, if you set a FW point at entrance Link's house on start up as child, can you death hole ww there and start boss rush?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:53:49 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #925 on: October 31, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »

You got the forest medallion as a child and watched the next cutscene, and didn't crash?

Nope. Did it do so on the original?
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #926 on: October 31, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »

You have the Prelude right? You can only start it if you have that song.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #927 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »

No, I didn't have the Prelude. I hadn't picked up any of the spiritual stones or turned into an adult yet.

I death hole ww'd to the market, went towards the Temple of Time and got to the Fire Temple, exited the Fire Temple and reached the Forest Temple, killed myself with bombs, saved/quit, and then reloaded the file so that I would spawn at the start of the Forest Temple with wrong warping no longer in effect.

I got into the boss room by TSCing into the unloaded basement, killed PG and collected the medallion, watched the 1st Deku Sprout cutscene, watched the second scene, and then watched the last Deku Sprout scene back in front of the Deku Tree. This last scene had the main Kokiri Forest area loaded but not the Deku Tree's grove. No crashes.

That reminds me, if you set a FW point at entrance Link's house on start up as child, can you death hole ww there and start boss rush?

Beats me. I can't seem to use Deku Nuts there and trying to move around in one of those semi-fixed camera areas in both complete darkness and with hindered controls is a pain in the ass.

Lol, I just noticed that you can OI on the blue warps in the boss rush mode. I'm curious as to what that could do...

Yeah, I figured this was possible when I realized that OI was usable there.  Can't think of any use for it outside of possibly creating a deathwarp setup involving multiple bombs... but this would probably be horribly impractical on the offchance that it was even possible.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:50:47 AM by corneliab » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #928 on: October 31, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »

Nope. Did it do so on the original?

Forest Medallion CS crashes at the second part of the Deku Sprout's dialog due to a bad entrance point on proper ocarina, unless I'm missing something.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #929 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »

Uh....im sorry corn but how could you miss my vid? Youve been wasting your time explaining alot of old stuff Sad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yi7XUitEBM

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: