ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:17:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830907 times)
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #570 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »

Or without pushing it at all you can actually backflip on top of the armos, but it is hard and not worth the time in my opinion. Ill start doing it more often in runs later on.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #571 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »

You can sidehop, backflip, run, backwalk, roll & Jumpslash up onto an armos, it is all about the angle really. This works on any armos pretty much everywhere.

Anway, I were messing around with shield swiping earlier today and managed to dupe a blank slot into a bottle, so I tested around for a while and found a way to dupe a bottle over any item (including blank slots): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZYVNI2Uu2k
The description explains how it is done.

Edit:
It works during NG+ (bottle) to equip sword and dupe it back into a bottle, allowing us to die/save, etc. without making the B button blank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owbEIL_GvBg
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:37:07 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »

Also, given the new any% route, this thread that ZFG posted a while ago has become of utmost importance: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/59554469

Hmm the poster there says it happened on his 2nd file. If he isn't full of shit, this might be some kind of NG+ effect, where varibles set in one game bleed through to the next. We know that RAM isn't cleared correctly from the B-items afterall...

But this will be almost impossible to reproduce...

Edit:
Tried to repoduce it with the my save file in Ganons tower. Did not work.
Maybe you have to be a child or be in DC or in the bombchu bowling or something. Or I just can't set up a NG+ file. The description on the ZSR page is pretty crappy. ;p
Or it really isn't possible at all.

Nah, Just after i finished my other one which i did a regular runthrough of.
Just occured to me that the poster might have meant something else. He might have meant that he has done it right after the credits of his first playthrough. The game throws you back to the title screen after the credits. Might be that in this case it clears RAM even worse than with the normal NG+ setup. Could somebody test?

Edit: Okay tried that, did not work. Btw. I'm on PAL. Doubt that that makes a difference but I thought it might be worth noting.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:35:53 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #573 on: March 04, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »

Hmm the poster there says it happened on his 2nd file. If he isn't full of shit, this might be some kind of NG+ effect, where varibles set in one game bleed through to the next. We know that RAM isn't cleared correctly from the B-items afterall...

But this will be almost impossible to reproduce...

Edit:
Tried to repoduce it with the my save file in Ganons tower. Did not work.
Maybe you have to be a child or be in DC or in the bombchu bowling or something. Or I just can't set up a NG+ file. The description on the ZSR page is pretty crappy. ;p
Or it really isn't possible at all.
Just occured to me that the poster might have meant something else. He might have meant that he has done it right after the credits of his first playthrough. The game throws you back to the title screen after the credits. Might be that in this case it clears RAM even worse than with the normal NG+ setup. Could somebody test?

Edit: Okay tried that, did not work. Btw. I'm on PAL. Doubt that that makes a difference but I thought it might be worth noting.

Basically, to NG+ is triggered because the RAM isn't cleared entirely if you manually exit the game. It is like, the game stores which item you originally had on B when you mount onto a horse or get the fishing rod, and the game is coded so that whenever you save, it will use this value, and not the item you currently have on B (bow/blank/rod), and when we exit the game, this value isn't cleared. So when we then create a new save file, the game will use this stored value.

So this works simply because saving sets the value of the B button.

And because of this, it doesn't seem impossible that the game would store other flags and such when you've completed the game. In the original game you didn't return to the main menu, so there may be other NG+ effects with creating a new file directly after watching the credits.

I do not see why the flag for unlocking the bowling would be affected by saving though?

Is there other points in the game where saving would affect things similar to how saving with rod or on a horse would?

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #574 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »

can you save and/or quit during the bombchu and slingshot minigames?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #575 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »

can you save and/or quit during the bombchu and slingshot minigames?

Nope. If this was possible, we would most likely be able to start NG+ from the minigames though.

Edit: I actually did tests related to this quite a long time ago.
I tried to find ways of pausing during the minigame and found minor things like being able to pause for like a frame or two after choosing to play again after loosing in a minigame I tried a lot of other things aswell and I actually have a video of it here:
I have managed to escape the archery but sadly it didn't do anything at all... Which is quite surprising to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyqNGW-Bd3c

It sucks that nothing special happens if you exit the house during the minigame.
I managed to gain control during the minigame but the pause button is still disabled...

I do not remember testing to go there without equipping a sword either (to get an effect similar to lon lon stick), I was going to do it, but can't remember if I did.

I do not remember if I tried to die (with & without fairy) during the minigame either..

There's a lot of things that I don't mention in the video description for some reason....

Also, I think I heard someone mention that you could play the minigame without having the bow or something like that earlier, if this is true, then there's a few other things that I want to test with it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:46:46 AM by CloudMax » Logged

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #576 on: March 07, 2012, 02:48:00 AM »

Idk if swordless aquascape is still useful in MQ i haven't paid to much attention to that route, but it should be possible. You can get broken deku stick off of the boulders in the lost woods. The hard part is triple slash diving with the strange way link swings the stick, i havent found a place to stand where you could pull off the dive.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #577 on: March 07, 2012, 06:39:37 AM »

Idk if swordless aquascape is still useful in MQ i haven't paid to much attention to that route, but it should be possible. You can get broken deku stick off of the boulders in the lost woods. The hard part is triple slash diving with the strange way link swings the stick, i havent found a place to stand where you could pull off the dive.

We have to get the ocarina at some point, so is it really faster? I'm not sure myself.
And is it possible to dive with deku sticks? I've only done it using triple slash diving (which only works with kokiri & master sword, since other weapons doesn't make you teleport backwards)

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #578 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:45 AM »

So I forgot to mention this the other day. In DC I was messing in the room just to the right of the main room, the narrow path with the statues you push at the end and accidently got pushed oob by one of the baby dodongos. Probably useless because I just fell straight down and nothing is down there.

Basically just for fun (I had shield and kokiri sword) I ESSed off the gossip stone into the path with the baby dodongos, had my shield up and one kept bumping me, so I was moving slow. Eventually it bumped me into a corner and when it bumped me again I clipped.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #579 on: March 14, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »

So I forgot to mention this the other day. In DC I was messing in the room just to the right of the main room, the narrow path with the statues you push at the end and accidently got pushed oob by one of the baby dodongos. Probably useless because I just fell straight down and nothing is down there.

Basically just for fun (I had shield and kokiri sword) I ESSed off the gossip stone into the path with the baby dodongos, had my shield up and one kept bumping me, so I was moving slow. Eventually it bumped me into a corner and when it bumped me again I clipped.

That one clip may be useless, but this means that there may be more clips out there that we're not aware of, there may also be different methods of clipping. (like shielding damage instead of using TSC or megaflip)

Serris
Deku Scrub

« Reply #580 on: March 15, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »

If you set up Farore's Wind after the Ganon's Tower collapse, trigger the Ganon fight and warp back, you'll rewatch the collapse aftermath scene and start off with nothing on B and the Master Sword gone. Saving & quitting now gives back MS and equips it. If you trigger the fight again instead, you'll start off with nothing on B, but with MS in your inventory, unequipped. If you S&Q now, it stays that way. If you set up FW before Ganondorf and warp back while swordless, you can also use Lon Lon Stick again, even if you equipped the Kokiri Sword before.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #581 on: March 18, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »

Bottle dupe over deku stick as adult link:
Have empty bottle on B
Hold an empty bottle in hand
Pull out the ocarina
Put away the ocarina
Shield swipe to catch something in the empty bottle

I was hoping that it would overwrite the ocarina slot. Sad

This allows you to equip deku sticks as adult too.
Dupe over deku sticks.
Put the bottle on X/Y/I/II.
Get a deku stick.

Success.

Inventory overstuffing is required to keep the deku stick equipped though...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:09:19 PM by CloudMax » Logged

misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #582 on: March 20, 2012, 01:08:33 AM »

Before learning Oot3d glitches, I tried the cutscene dive to the BOTW via Cuckoo. I saw the boulder when I got to the bottom, and was dissipointed, but as I was swimming up (and forwards into the boulder) I noticed that you clip slightly into the boulder, enabling items for a short period of time. do you think this could be exploited to get inside?
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #583 on: March 20, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »

There are multiple other ways of getting in, even if that is possible.
You can clip out of bounds and use a chicken to fly behind the boulder from there if you want to get down there during the daytime.
However, the boulder isnt there at night, so at night you can just navi dive.

Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »

I was messing around with that for a bit. I couldn't get bombs to work cause they just fizzle out right away. It could be possible with Bombchus if you can pull it out and shield it and get it to explode in that short period of time. Outside of that, I cannot think of any other items that may work though.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: