ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830757 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #555 on: February 22, 2012, 07:17:53 AM »

You don't need slingshot in those rooms of you use some ninja techniques to avoid fire.

I trained a lot for this and I'm able to pull it pretty often.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ttddGCX_Y

CloudMax's strat for FW WW is great.
Using it with restricted items glitch is pretty hard.

WW to boss rush selection from DT blue warp brings you in kokiri forest at the 0,0,0 point.

I hate Dodongo without Slingshot. I guess I'll practice it A LOT.. :p

And thank you, I kinda like my strat for the FW WW too. :3

And damn, it sucks that the boss rush didn't take you to some awesome place. =(

By the way.. I just noticed that we can do the switch tricks to delay doors with things like Zelda's letter aswell.. I had no idea that this is possible. This means that the old routes do not need 2 bottles for jabu to get past the door.

We can delay the switch before the boss room in Dodongo with Zelda's Letter too by constantly sidehoping/backflipping and using an item midair that stops the time (Zelda's Letter). The problem is that we can't get up from the hole.
If we could get up from it, we'd be able to skip the last part.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:56:31 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #556 on: February 22, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »

Somebody want to test Hyrule Castle as Adult?

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #557 on: February 22, 2012, 09:32:53 PM »

This is stupid because it's definitely been said before, but I'm pretty sure every text box in this game is a quick text..?

Also, cloudmax, have you tested if your Zelda's Letter switch trick works on the room past the mouth in DC? I guess I don't really understand the trick.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:36:56 PM by poodleskirt » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #558 on: February 23, 2012, 02:04:01 AM »

Dear God, have mercy on us for shattering this game, crushing the shattered pieces into fine dust which is then shat upon. Let's face it: That is what we have done. However, it's not as bad as Lttp, to which we have done the preceding with urination included. I'm sorry, but this is the only metaphor for what we have done. WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO THESE AWESOME GAMES?!?!?!

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #559 on: February 23, 2012, 02:16:31 AM »

Dear God, have mercy on us for shattering this game, crushing the shattered pieces into fine dust which is then shat upon. Let's face it: That is what we have done. However, it's not as bad as Lttp, to which we have done the preceding with urination included. I'm sorry, but this is the only metaphor for what we have done. WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO THESE AWESOME GAMES?!?!?!

We've made speed runs of these games incredibly awesome Wink
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #560 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:52 AM »

we said, well we cant dot skip, so lets just skip the entire fucking game!

By the way.. I just noticed that we can do the switch tricks to delay doors with things like Zelda's letter aswell.. I had no idea that this is possible. This means that the old routes do not need 2 bottles for jabu to get past the door.
Magic beans work for this as well^^^

Also, (trying not to double post) I found a highflip-like effect in oot3d. if you clip into a short wall, such as a small pushable block, when you do anything that leaves the ground that takes you out of the object, your hieght/distance restart when you leave it. So if you do a backflip out, you get your backflip height plus another backflips height once you unclip.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:20:44 AM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #561 on: February 23, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »

we said, well we cant dot skip, so lets just skip the entire fucking game!
Magic beans work for this as well^^^

Also, (trying not to double post) I found a highflip-like effect in oot3d. if you clip into a short wall, such as a small pushable block, when you do anything that leaves the ground that takes you out of the object, your hieght/distance restart when you leave it. So if you do a backflip out, you get your backflip height plus another backflips height once you unclip.

Yes, magic beans works aswell, It works with anything that you pull out like that. Trade items, beans, etc. I am surprised that no one thought about that for the old route, since I am pretty sure that this has been known for a long time, even on n64. It's just that I never knew about it.. xD

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #562 on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:29 AM »

I found a highflip-like effect in oot3d. if you clip into a short wall, such as a small pushable block, when you do anything that leaves the ground that takes you out of the object, your hieght/distance restart when you leave it. So if you do a backflip out, you get your backflip height plus another backflips height once you unclip.

That's pretty cool, I wish it could work around the first switch in the Cavern so we can skip the first Lizard fight already

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #563 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »

Yes but it's hard toclip into stuff without Kokiri sword. It might be possible (to hit the switch early) ifyou got shield to get isg with stick then hover off the beamos? Sounds very hard even if it is possible
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:44:49 AM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:52 AM »

I said something about this earlier this week, but I didn't make my point clear, and I think it's pretty important (and I don't think anyone has mentioned it on this thread before):

EVERY TEXT BOX in this game has one frame where you can press B to display all the text automatically. If you get a good rhythm (or just mash fast) you can get through any amount of text in less than a second. This means there is time to save everywhere, including 2-3 seconds in the opening cutscene.

Also, given the new any% route, this thread that ZFG posted a while ago has become of utmost importance: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/59554469

If this is possible to do along side NG+ I think any% for either game (MQ or non-MQ) will be reduced to something like 27 minutes. I don't think the guy is lying either, since the fact that he noticed that inconsistency at all means he is pretty knowledgeable about the game.
cloudzack117
Regular Guay

« Reply #565 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »

shit was this ever brought up before?  chus could eliminate so much in the ng+ route

[18:05] <@ingx24> im sorry did i just give you erectile dysfunction
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #566 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »

Cloud do you think you can do this by going in and out of the door on the top floor of the deku tree and wrong warping to DC?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #567 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »

Cloud do you think you can do this by going in and out of the door on the top floor of the deku tree and wrong warping to DC?

I can give it a try.
Also, I love how you have Master Sword on C-Down. Smiley

Edit:
I entered the room, exited the room, set FW point, and used DT bluewarp. It crashed for me.

Edit2:
Double checked, still crashes.

I hate the crash differences between n64 and 3ds...

Anyway, that warp wouldn't be useful anyway, would it? I mean, we need explosives to get magic, and the explosives are inside of Dodongo. And if we had explosives, we could just enter the normal way.

By the way, wouldn't jabu jabu FW WW trigger cutscene 00, like Fire temple? If that's the case, wouldn't we be able to do all the warps that Fire temple have in oot3d as child? Shouldn't this allow us to warp to for example chamber of sages and trigger cutscene 00 which starts the Rauru cutscene?
There is many other interesting warps using cutscene 00, like when you meet sheik in ToT for the first time, the intro cutscene, burning kakariko cutscene, Requiem of Spirit cutscene, ganondorf death cutscene,  title screen, ToT MS room with missing sheik, and the list goes on.
This is ofc if the game doesn't crash with the warps.. :|

Also, mzx, is there a OoT code that allows you to warp to any exit?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:51:54 AM by CloudMax » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #568 on: February 26, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »

8111A5D2 ???? will let you set the scene entrance value. It will kick into effect any time you leave a scene
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:28:47 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #569 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »

Stupid time saver for any% that is probably old as time:

In the room in DC where you have to push an armos to reveal a ladder up to a switch, you can just push the armos once, then roll diagonally between the armos and the wall (towards the ladder), and you'll weirdly clip on top of the armos. Then you can backflip directly onto the switch. Probably saves ~3 seconds if done just right.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: