ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:18:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831039 times)
chubchubo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #420 on: August 06, 2011, 08:18:28 PM »

I noticed a pretty useless glitch. I don't even know if its a glitch or not.

But when you shield drop a bomb under a bridge, it pops up on top of it. I just noticed this at saria's house and the connecting bridges. It also works at the shop with the girl sitting on the ledge.

Can anything be done with this?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #421 on: August 06, 2011, 08:30:02 PM »

I noticed a pretty useless glitch. I don't even know if its a glitch or not.

But when you shield drop a bomb under a bridge, it pops up on top of it. I just noticed this at saria's house and the connecting bridges. It also works at the shop with the girl sitting on the ledge.

Can anything be done with this?

It is not only bombs.
The same happens if you pull out bugs or fishes for example.

I do not know any use for it.

I managed to clip into jabu jabu but it is NOT what it sounds like.
I am just inside of jabu jabu, swimming in the water. I do not reach the actual loading zone...
All I can do is swim around in the water inside of him.

I do not think it would be any different if I do it on a file where his mouth is closed.

I managed to do this by jumpslash recoiling into water and then navigate around as I mash L.
I think I clip from somewhere infront of jabu, under the platform. It is hard to tell when you move so damn fast in the water, and spin around like crazy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:54:26 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Peridot
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »

New glitch for this awesome game!! Mido skip!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkh9AH_9jY

I didn't discover this. It was Faentaass. Thanks for him!

Apparently, you can no longer make Mido fall through the wall after Saria's Song.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

Apparently, you can no longer make Mido fall through the wall after Saria's Song.

hmhh.
After you get zelda's lullaby mido doesn't block the path to deku tree anymore.
That still works.

Or are you talking about the kokiri (who isn't mido, and makes everything insanely confusing when people say mido) that blocks the exit to kokiri forest?
Because I've heard that he moves slightly at some point of the game.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:20:28 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Peridot
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2011, 06:02:36 PM »

hmhh.
After you get zelda's lullaby mido doesn't block the path to deku tree anymore.
That still works.

Or are you talking about the kokiri (who isn't mido, and makes everything insanely confusing when people say mido) that blocks the exit to kokiri forest?
Because I've heard that he moves slightly at some point of the game.
As in, the random Kokiri block the way to main Hyrule.
But OFC, Mido leaves after Lullaby.

Guess that means that WWT and Navi dive are the only options for forest escape after Saria's Song
(BTW, anyone know how to get past the first room of Jabu Jabu without slingshot? I've heard it works with a well timed bomb, but I'm not completely sure)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »

As in, the random Kokiri block the way to main Hyrule.
But OFC, Mido leaves after Lullaby.

Guess that means that WWT and Navi dive are the only options for forest escape after Saria's Song
(BTW, anyone know how to get past the first room of Jabu Jabu without slingshot? I've heard it works with a well timed bomb, but I'm not completely sure)

Escape after Saria's Song is not good anyways. From what I know it is always good to go directly to deku tree after saria's song.

And a timed bomb in jabu jabu works perfectly Smiley

Peridot
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »

Escape after Saria's Song is not good anyways. From what I know it is always good to go directly to deku tree after saria's song.

And a timed bomb in jabu jabu works perfectly Smiley

Does it absolutely require you to have 3 Spiritual Stones?
Like, if you go straight for Jabu Jabu after bombs, does it trigger the Ocarina cutscene, and can you play the Song of Time and still open the DoT?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #427 on: August 07, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »

Does it absolutely require you to have 3 Spiritual Stones?
Like, if you go straight for Jabu Jabu after bombs, does it trigger the Ocarina cutscene, and can you play the Song of Time and still open the DoT?

Yes you always need all spiritual stones. You can't skip any of them.

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »

i found odd that the game checks for the kokiri emerald when triggering the OoT cutscene but not when meeting zelda. you'd think they would have failed that check after what happened with the medallions.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:23 PM »

"Down A" is still in the game. The way I found that allows you to get it is VERY restricted however.
I only know one single location in the entire game that allows it. The Spirit Temple room with the boss door.

You have to climb directly above a switch using a climbable wall. This will make you push the switch.
Link also moves down with the switch, as if you were standing on it.
After the switch is pushed down link will automatically drop down from the wall.
You will have "Down A" now.

Camera still screw up when you have Down A activated.

_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6e_oOGuFxw

20-25 different clips in kakariko village.
I found out a few nice things while doing this though.

By using the right edge of a doorframe you're able to hookshot clip forward.
By using the left edge of a doorframe you're able to hookshot clip to your left. This clips much more than a standard hookshot clip.
If you hook in between two boxes that is next to a wall you're able to clip into the wall. You have to hook the bottom corner of the box that is facing the wall.

By combining the doorframe methods with a normal hookshot clip method (strafing towards a doorframe) you'll clip even more!
The doorframe methods also work on the big doors (Like the ones in Spirit Temple).

The doors really have the perfect shape for clipping Smiley

Also... Shadow temple early:
Beat forest temple
BA hover boots
Go to graveyard
Get onto hut roof
Hover boost up onto the wall
Use hover boots to get to the shadow temple entrance room unloaded
Enter shadow temple

There you go. No song RBA. xD

No sword? Don't worry! Just set up a Farore's Wind warp point in the temple, then go steal the fishing rod to get deku stick on B and warp back. Now beat the temple and then go back to temple of time and redraw the master sword to get it back.

Just some common sense really. Just to make it clear that it is possible to get there early without RBA (or hovering).
The only requirement is to beat forest temple first.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:32:20 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Firemonkuu
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #430 on: August 09, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »

I am certain that everyone is aware of this, but has anyone ever used a Warp Song on the ocarina to cancel a timer for a few seconds in places that you cannot warp from? It is possible to score 0 seconds in Dampe's race with this, and is helpful if you are horrible at that minigame. It can alsobe used in timed segments of the Gerudo Training Grounds and Ganon's Castle, I believe. The Serenade of Water is the most useful one for being the quickest Warp Song, of course. It is also possible in the Nintendo 64 version. Here is a video (not by me) demonstrating this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBHWuis7v40
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:47:20 AM by Firemonkuu » Logged

Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #431 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:50 AM »

Very old and not useful.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #432 on: August 09, 2011, 07:23:32 AM »

You can still delay the milk purchase from talon by standing on the stairs.

However, the game does not glitch anymore if you fill the bottle and then get the milk. It just overwrite bottle 1 and thats it.
The game still act as if you collected the milk from the ground though. You get the item pickup sound effect and no cutscene plays.

I do not know any use for this.

I found out that you can duplicate actors in the following areas:
DC main room (Hammerslide, I think hover boost should work)
Mido Area in Lost Woods (Longshot)
Lava Room in Training Grounds (longshot? I do not think hookshot reaches far enough)

Question 1: What would happen if we duped the bomb chest actor in master quest and open it multiple times?
Would be great if someone could try this. But you would have to get all the way to hover boots without bombs in order to try it.

Question 2: Do you think Mido would glitch up if he were duplicated, allowing us to get through somehow?
To test this, someone would have to get longshot before visiting forest temple.

Also, when I were in training grounds I managed to dupe the room about 10-15 times without a crash. I have no idea how much it can handle.

To duplicate the mido area you have to longshot clip through the wall, onto the ladder in the area with the two skull kids.

To duplicate the DC main room you do a triple slash clip in the right corner of the main room, and then hoverslide OoB into the unloaded room next to the pillar you've clipped into.

To duplicate the lava room in training grounds you can simply clip through the left corner (coming from the ice arrow room) onto one of the fences in the ice arrow room.

That is all I've found so far. Is there other places in the game which load rooms in a way that would allow actor duplication? I can't think of any.

I finally decided to record the FT west courtyard hover boots trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJMLV8QdY0
I do not know if this is possible on console, as everyone uses hover boost on console, but who knows.
This is a precise trick after all, I "Roll equipped" my hover boots in order to make it easier, it is possible without doing that though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:43:05 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Coast
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #433 on: August 09, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »

For number 1 on N64 if you already had a bomb bag and opened the chest it gave you one bomb and put a bomb bag over the hookshot slot that crashed you when you used it.

Edit: Tested 2 a bit on n64 as well they seemed to clone and move at the same positions so I doubt it will change anything but I guess its worth a try on 3DS.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:22:03 PM by Coast » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2011, 12:39:54 PM »

For number 1 on N64 if you already had a bomb bag and opened the chest it gave you one bomb and put a bomb bag over the hookshot slot that crashed you when you used it.

Edit: Tested 2 a bit on n64 as well they seemed to clone and move at the same positions so I doubt it will change anything but I guess its worth a try on 3DS.

The thing with the bomg bag chest is that the inventory system has changed in so many ways. I would find it odd if the same thing happened

For number two I have no idea what would happen myself. I was thinking that it may have some kind of effect if you try to clip through him. It is not impossible that triple slash clip could give a different result if it was multiple midos standing there.

-------------------

Here is my attempt at creating a setup for the TSC forest escape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQq4yotCaaI
I do not use navi or any other item, I only use the camera to avoid interacting with the guard.

-------------------

A fast way to gain a small key in water temple (normally requires you to change water level to 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toQNW0_cq3I
You just clip through the gate... Nothing major really.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:07:22 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: