ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:51:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Task/Competition Thread  (Read 47154 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« on: April 13, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »

Current Task:

Task 3

Your task is to start at the Temple of Time and enter 5 dungeons/temples. Any place that has a map and compass count (so Bottom of the Well and Ice Cavern would count). After entering you may simply leave and go to the next one, but you must enter 5. Timing ends after you have entered the 5th one.

There are restrictions on the amounts of items and the items you may enter with (you can gain more throughout the run, for example if you feel the hookshot would be useful, you can go and get it). The following pictures shows an example inventory:

The restrictions:

This one is much simplier. No more than 8 chus, no more than 20 bombs. If it's not in these pictures, you can have it in your prep file BUT YOU CAN'T USE IT IN ANY WAY. This also means you cannot have things like warp songs, you cannot have planted beans, or have stolen epona yet and have her outside of the market, etc. The overworld should be fairly clean, with the one exception below:

For the Overworld: There are some places that have intro cutscenes (like Lake Hylia, Goron City, etc.). If you are planning to go to one of these places, you can go and remove that intro cutscene in your prep file to save yourself some seconds. The current prep file only has Kakariko and Death Mountain Trail removed, so it is up to you to remove these if you want (The ones in Deku Tree and Jabu Jabu will not count against your time).

You may, however, put whatever items you are allowed on whatever C-button slots you want.

If you are playing on the Wii VC version, you can download a save here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pqz1vn21n7z3167
For information on how to transfer your Wii saves, please see this post: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=415.msg7367#msg7367

If you are playing on the N64 or GC, you will have to set up your own file.

Obviously, emulators are banned from this competition.

You cannot savewarp at anytime, however, death warping is allowed. To clarify: If you kill yourself you are allowed to say "No" to save and "Yes" to continue playing.

When you are ready to submit your time, PM me and send me the video file. I will then time it manually. If you don't care about people using your strategies, then you can just post it here or on youtube in public, but really, that's half the fun is coming up with your own strategy.

You will have until Sunday, May 29th to complete the task. I will accept all entries up until midnight on that day (11:59:59 PM on Sunday). If you have any questions about the rules, you can post them in this thread. If you feel that asking a question will give away your strategy, you can send me a PM.

Good luck!

Previous Tasks:
Task 1 - Results
Task 2 - Results
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:13:17 PM by Runnerguy2489 » Logged

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:25:16 AM »

I support this.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pcct
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:01:04 AM »

Yeah, this could be a lot of fun, I'd be in for it anyway.
Lets hope people are interested
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »

i would love to do somethin like this.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »

YES sounds great!

Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »

I was thinking about this while the first TAS competition was going on, but because of the nature of the goals I didn't think this would be very fun. I can't TAS for shit, so I'm glad other people decided to start this. Cheesy

Edit: I meant I didn't think other people would find it fun.

Captain Failcon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »

Great idea

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »

We need to do this shit with MM.

Seriously.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 08:40:03 PM »

I would be so up for this.

I'm not really at the stage where I could compete with some of the guys on here but I would happily give it a go Smiley

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »

dont worry about it toolex, i doubt the chalenges will be very long, so they will be easy to optimize. plus youc an at least compete with me, since i can only do superslides when i use naryus love =)

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »

Yeah, I would definitely encourage anyone at any skill level to do this if they are interested.

Alright it seems like there is some interest in this so I will work on making a task and I'll update the first post and make another post when it is started.

How long do you guys want to work on each one? I think a week or two would be fine.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »

I think any longer than a week might be overkilll so yeah a week:)

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
Tali
Deku Scrub

Really need a Dazzle....

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »

I'm at exactly the same level as Toolex .. so yeah, although I won't be anywhere near a load of people on here I would be up for giving it a go!

thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 02:24:59 AM »

a week sounds perfect =)

Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »

i would like to but i need to figure out how to record.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: