ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 06:17:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Task/Competition Thread  (Read 47479 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »

I put a video together that has 4 players at once. It looks a little choppy but I don't think it turned out too bad. I'll see what it looks like on youtube.

My plan is to put a video of 1st place on their own, and then 2nd - 5th in the video at the same time, and then mention the others in the description. I will also post links to the runs if you want to see them all individually.

Then, I will work on making Task 2. With finals this week for me I probably won't get around to having it up until the weekend like last time.

Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope everyone will be able to look at the finished videos and learn something.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 10:47:15 PM »

I would have made a video but I had nothing to record with (I gave up on my attempts at the staircase hover at that point of realising this Tongue)

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »

I put a video together that has 4 players at once. It looks a little choppy but I don't think it turned out too bad. I'll see what it looks like on youtube.

My plan is to put a video of 1st place on their own, and then 2nd - 5th in the video at the same time, and then mention the others in the description. I will also post links to the runs if you want to see them all individually.

Then, I will work on making Task 2. With finals this week for me I probably won't get around to having it up until the weekend like last time.

Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope everyone will be able to look at the finished videos and learn something.

Putting multiple screens in one video isn't hard and shouldn't degrade quality/framerate. If you have Sony Vegas I can tell you how to do it really well, no problem. I guess I could make the video myself if I absolutely have to. Just let me know.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:01:18 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 02:14:49 AM »

I have Sony Vegas but know literally nothing about how to use it, it is extremely unintuitive for me. If you give me step by step instructions I can do it. Send me a PM.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 10:30:35 PM »

Here are the results for Task 1:

Place - Player - FINAL TIME
1st - sva - 8:30.800
2nd - ZFG - 8:46.700
3rd - Steve - 8:48.100
4th - Elminster - 9:15.900
5th - aleckermit - 9:25.933
6th - thundrio - 10:20.900
7th - Majora MIM - 10:28.067
8th - Lempy -10:52.133

I will have a video up in the next few days (shoutout to aleckermit for putting it together for me). It will show 2nd - 5th on the same screen, then the first place run by itself afterward.

EDIT: Video is uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjUQFeudQJQ

I was pleased to see a good number of entries, and I enjoyed watching everyone's strategies and how they decided to go through certain rooms in certain ways. I would like to see more in the future!

I will post Task 2 some time tomorrow, and will likely do a similar schedule (a week to submit, and then a week off where I compile results) for the future.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:42:23 AM by Runnerguy2489 » Logged

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 11:28:39 PM »

I personally am very excited to see that sva won this task (and by such a large margin), as I am a fan of seeing people's ridiculous claims of saying only the "best" are capable of producing quality runs being disproved.

This may inspire me to enter a competition in the future. Also congrats to sva, great job :).

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »

Its nice to see newcomers like sva and steve so high up.  Can't wait to see what they did.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 02:34:05 AM »

Also curious what sva did, since he beat ZFG by almost 16 seconds. I'd guess OoB hovering but that'd be insane with just bombs, so I guess we'll just have to wait 'til Runnerguy gets the video up.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »

Damn! I can't wait to see what you guys did! 8:30!!! That's really fast.
I didn't even thought to try oob hover.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Lempy
Deku Scrub

yeah

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2011, 04:35:15 PM »

Sweet 8th place how did people get 8 mins nice!
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »

Video is posted in my previous post with the results. Check it out! Note that sva's time in the results is the converted english text time; his video time is actually shorter.

Task 2

Your task is to start at the beginning of the Gerudo Training Grounds and ends after you have collected all 9 keys. You may USE keys as you go, but it will end after all keys have been collected.

There are restrictions on the amounts of items and the items you may enter with (you can gain more throughout the run, for example if an enemy drops a deku nut you can then use them). The following pictures shows an example inventory:

The restrictions:

Left side equipment: You can have any quiver or bomb bag. You can collect any gauntlet that you want (NOTE: The Wii Save has blue gauntlets, these will push or grab anything, they are essentially gold). You can have any scale you want (the Wii save doesn't have it but if you want it, just head to the fishing pond and get it. Scarecrow Song is C-Left, C-Right, C-Left, C-Right, C-Left, C-Right, C-Left, C-Right).

Inventory: Any item NOT in the inventory, you cannot have (example: You cannot go get Din's Fire because it's not in that inventory). You cannot have the longshot (Ocarina of Time is ok as an upgrade to fairy ocarina though) and you also cannot have more than 10 of either bombs or chus. Those are the only counts I care about. If you want 4 bombs then go for it. If you feel you need 40 arrows or extra deku nuts, go for it. The item counts are only restricted to bombs and chus. You can have LESS of any of these things, for example if you don't want to get 2 bottles you don't have to. You can also put anything you want in your bottles (fish, fairy, etc.)

You may, however, put whatever items you are allowed on whatever C-button slots you want.

If you are playing on the Wii VC version, you can download a save here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/ShortTask/Task2/Task2.bin
For information on how to transfer your Wii saves, please see this post: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=415.msg7367#msg7367

If you are playing on the N64 or GC, you will have to set up your own file.

Obviously, emulators are banned from this competition.

When you are ready to submit your time, PM me and send me the video file. I will then time it manually. If you don't care about people using your strategies, then you can just post it here or on youtube in public, but really, that's half the fun is coming up with your own strategy.

You will have until Sunday, May 8th to complete the task. I will accept all entries up until midnight on that day (11:59:59 PM on Sunday). If you have any questions about the rules, you can post them in this thread. If you feel that asking a question will give away your strategy, you can send me a PM.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:07:37 PM by Runnerguy2489 » Logged

Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 01:38:20 AM »

Wow, that was a really cool lizalfos strat I missed out on. I'm still happy with how mine turned out, though.

Seeing the new task being the training grounds makes me hesitant to try it, seeing as I haven't done the whole thing in some 10 or 11 years...But I'll still check it out if I feel like it.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 01:43:41 AM »

Hmmmm... I think I'll use VC this time lol, that's a hell of a file prep.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Lempy
Deku Scrub

yeah

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 05:29:06 AM »

can you go and get the biggoron sword beforehand?
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 11:07:47 AM »

ahhhh so much RBA for the setup what do u do RBA on to get the song of time again? :S

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: