ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 07:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Task/Competition Thread  (Read 47486 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2011, 01:01:45 PM »

can you go and get the biggoron sword beforehand?
No, Biggoron Sword is not allowed.

ahhhh so much RBA for the setup what do u do RBA on to get the song of time again? :S
If you are preping a file you don't have to RBA, I just did it in the Wii save since it was easier. But if you want to RBA then if you catch a bug with odd potion on C-right you'll get it.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »

If I can't find a way to make my VC oot works 60 Hz, I will surely not be able to do this task...

But I like challenge so I'll try anyway.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »

I am having trouble downloading the save. My SD card doesn't have a file called data.bin it is called content.bin I am following th instructions but it doen't work

I'm gay
Lempy
Deku Scrub

yeah

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 02:42:45 AM »

Does anyone want to share their strat for the water room? I can't seem to get it without having to go up every 3 seconds for air :/
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »

If I can't find a way to make my VC oot works 60 Hz, I will surely not be able to do this task...

But I like challenge so I'll try anyway.
Unless your region change your Wii to NTSC it will run at 50 hz.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »

Does anyone want to share their strat for the water room? I can't seem to get it without having to go up every 3 seconds for air :/
Just added that you can put other items in your bottles. If you think a fairy would save time by allowing a death then respawn, that's fine.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

Okay, I'm almost sure I won't be able to play this task...

If I have a file with more stuff than required in which I haven't touched Training Ground, could I play it for the task without using any other items than required and loosing more than 3 hearts?

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »

Um, that's interesting actually. I suppose as long as you don't use the other items it'd be ok. Also make sure that you don't run over the 24 second timer from underwater, since that's one of the strats involved here.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »

Sorry for taking so long with this:

Place - Player - FINAL TIME
1st - Mp16 - 6:40.467
2nd - Kazooie - 7:50.667
3rd - hitonbi - 7:54.367
4th - keeta - 8:05.767
5th - Elminster - 10:32.267

aleckermit will have a video when he gets it done. It will be similar to the last one.

EDIT: Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztlqWvb1CY

I will probably have Task 3 up this weekend. I apologize for not having one for this week, but my weekend was busy. It will also be much simplier to understand the rules of, and overall should be a bit easier. I really liked task 2 but the way I presented it was too complicated.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:38:05 PM by Runnerguy2489 » Logged

Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 11:01:59 AM »

Loooool, behind by over 2 minutes

I seriously have no idea how people managed it in sub 8

and I don't know why certain people were upset that I didn't give strats I mean I didn't cut the 10 wtf

can't wait to see this video

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »

Video is now in the previous post I made.

Like I said, I really liked this task. It was clear from the video there was no clear cut strategy: Everyone did the keys in different orders. It seems like optimizing that was a challenge, and also the water room was the biggest time sink between runners. That said, 2nd - 4th all had times within about 15 seconds of each other which I thought was cool.

But my presentation of this task was poor; I shouldn't need two paragraphs to explain the rules. So I will learn from this and correct it for the next task, and hopefully that encourages more participation.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »

mp16 is my favorite oot player Smiley

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »

Task 3 has been posted! Let me know if you have any questions about it.

qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »

I am trying to mave the save fiel to my wii. reading the instructions, it says that there should be a file called data.bin i can't find it all there is is content.bin could anyone help me
P.S. I don't have anything to record with so I do these for fun so I can can compare my times

I'm gay
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »

its in private/something/something/5 letter code that starts with n iirc/data.bin
in order for that to be there copy your oot save from the wii to sd card first, then just replace it.

also runnerguy, can i use a file that has the boulder in front of dc blown up already?

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: