ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:09:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 205056 times)
MrRobotto
Deku Scrub

« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »

How do you set up the metronome for bottle dupe? Like what bpm do you use?
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Kaztalek, I am having trouble in deku palace. I don't understand how you got to 'high scrub' and the 'zora to high scrub, kill' in the route description doesn't help! ENLIGHTEN MEEEEEEE!!!

Edit: Guys, come the fuck on, it has been a week now! omg, ganonless oot 3d run, big whoop! I asked a Q, and I need an A. I'm in the middle of a run here guys! WTF DO I DO?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwiBPv9Y60#t=1m30s
You can backflip onto that doorway from either side, then sidehop to grab the lower wall as Zora, then sidehop/backflip to that scrub and kill him.

What the hell is this I don't even... And how do I avoid it/get rid of it?

http://www.twitch.tv/primat91/b/310408675
(Rolling forwards while backwalking)

No idea but it looks funny.

How do you set up the metronome for bottle dupe? Like what bpm do you use?

200 BPM like Afronova
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2012, 06:18:54 AM »

Has anyone tried tool-assisting a pause onto the frame you have control before the Zora Mask cutscene starts? It might work the same as skipping the NWBN cutscene.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »

I'm pretty sure we have, and it doesn't work.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »

Few questions:

1. How do you get passed the updraft room in Stone Tower Temple without the deku mask? I've seen videos of it, but I am unable to pass the second set of updrafts. I either screw up the recoil-sidehop  (I just use a bombchu for the first jump, but I'm to close to the wall to use a bombchu for the second), or I go flying through the first updraft but land in the lava before I reach the second.

2. Are there any more consistent ways to duplicate bottles? I can usually get one or two on my first try, but I always screw one up and end up needing to go find a fish so I can try again.

3. Is HESS or ESSing very important to a speedrun? I can hit normal superslides without too much effort (still takes me a couple bombs), but I cannot manage to do any variations. I`m playing on the virtual console, as my N64 controllers are broken and I can`t find any replacements.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »

For the updraft room, make sure you put the top of the clock's right side against the right side of the updraft (look at my run to see what I mean by that). Then just turn around, recoil sidehop left, and hold left until you land.

Bottle duplication can be made much easier if you dupe one bottle normally, then go catch a fish in your extra bottle and drop it in front of the guy before talking to him to dupe again. This will extend the window from 1 frame to about 10 seconds (or however long it takes for the fish to disappear). Once you've replaced the bottle on your c button, walk away from the stand to finish the dupe.

HESS isn't important in a speed run unless you're going for a world record, and even then only on the N64 version. VC is just too sensitive for ESS in general to be worth it.

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

What is the difference between (Hyper) Extended Superslide and (Hyper) Infinite Superside? I haven't quite got the distinction between those, and which is which. So I would like a clear and somewhat easy understandable explanation.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »

Extended superslide and infinite superslide are two different names for the same thing.

Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »

Just a quick one:

What are the inputs for the time stop glitch? I'm trying to get on the block at the top of Stone Tower.

Do I press the button for the bottle, then shield straight away?

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »

You hold Z, then press R and press bottle a split second later.

Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »

Right, cheers ING-X!

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »

Extended superslide and infinite superslide are two different names for the same thing.

So it's just inconsistency in the use of terms. It would avoid confussion then to only use one term besides extended don't mean the same as infinite. Which abbreviation shall we use and is the generally accepted one?
MrRobotto
Deku Scrub

« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

For the lullaby skip, are there any tricks to getting the superslide consistently, or reliable methods of timing it? Obviously, you have to practice it a lot, but I'd like to make sure I'm practicing correctly.
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

So it's just inconsistency in the use of terms. It would avoid confussion then to only use one term besides extended don't mean the same as infinite. Which abbreviation shall we use and is the generally accepted one?

Generally you want to use extended to anyone except Swordless, with him try to remember to say infinite Wink
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »

Yeah most people say extended; infinite doesn't make a lot of sense as a name since superslide is already infinite.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: