ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:05:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 204845 times)
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

Hold up-right, not just right, and you should clip and hit the loading zone.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:13 PM »

- you need a somewhat good recoil flip to have enough speed (not a perfect one or anything)
- it doesnt work if you have isg, bc then you cant recoil flip
- after the recoil flip hold up-right

and by the way, the angle isnt really precise, just c up to the door
Foxiiinou
Deku Scrub

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2014, 06:10:38 PM »

hi, i had a problem on emulator, for a reason i dont know the timing to succeed the backflip in a megaflip became random. I mean when i started, it was roll after the second flash/backflip at the end of the roll, i've never got any problem until the timing became third flash for the roll and then totally random. I downloaded an other rom, it was good for several weeks and then same thing happened again.

When i began to play on VC there was nothing wrong, everything worked but progressively this problem occured, weird thing i noticed depending on where i did it the timing was quite different.
So i wanted to know if there is something to bring back the former timing.

(it's not like my timing was off or any mistakes i could do, i know the difference)

if you have an idea, thanks to let me know.

version: 1.1 jap
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2014, 01:16:58 AM »

It's probably the emulator not displaying the bomb flashes quite right; I have the same problem with emulator so I recommend just sticking to console.
Foxiiinou
Deku Scrub

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »

like i said i had the same problem on VC  Undecided
Zelkys
Deku Scrub

French 3D Zelda Speedrunner!

WWW Email
« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2014, 10:54:55 AM »

Hello, since my last PB(2:04:xx), i've started at the start of AGDQ and i have a lot of difficulties to improve my time, i know i'm better than before, but, have you some advice to give me for breaking it? Smiley

I do a lot of Cycle Training(in segmented or not), i think it's just the good thing to do, and i gonna PB when i'm gonna be a lot more better!

http://gyazo.com/f569a01c13489a271207e030e8a64ab4
FrozenElements
Deku Scrub

« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »

I have been interested in learning MM any procent. I have learnt little bit from route from here. I have problems doing Fairy Fountain wrong warp. I could practice it but i can't get on that pilar.
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »

you've probably figured how to do it by now, but if not: there are tons of setups on YT.

i personally like this one best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLwewh4u9M

Foxiiinou
Deku Scrub

« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »

hi, i'm trying to learn how to change direction while doing a hess (startless) but everytime i'm pushing my joystick to the other side hess is canceled.
Is there something to do it constantly like avoiding the center by pushing down or stuff like that ?
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:29 PM »

Hi everyone,
I recently decided to take a break from OoT MST and start learning any% MM JP about a week ago.
Everything is great right now the only thing that's stopping me from beginning to time my runs is twinmold.

I know obviously my aim needs practice but is there any small strats that would help? I usually use fire arrows get the blue one down then run out of magic\arrows. I'm not going for a great time I just need splits to compare to.

I also do the main room bk skip where you do 3 megasidehop hovers once I'm OOB into the loading zone.

I guess for now I could alternately do the recoil flip on chest bk skip and grab the giants mask on the way, although I would rather not. But again I just need to get myself splits to compare.

Any help or tips would great thank you !

EDIT:::::nevermind fire arrow blue 3 times light arrow red twinrova ive got this pretty down now
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:32:29 PM by geraggh34 » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #310 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:12 PM »

Since it's been a long time since I've played through Snowhead the way it was intended, I have a few questions about floor counts. The weirdshot that is used after the bridge room, is that the third floor that it gets you to? Also, I know it's not used anymore, but did scarecrow skip get you to 2nd floor, or am I completely off?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »

Since it's been a long time since I've played through Snowhead the way it was intended, I have a few questions about floor counts. The weirdshot that is used after the bridge room, is that the third floor that it gets you to? Also, I know it's not used anymore, but did scarecrow skip get you to 2nd floor, or am I completely off?

They both put you on floor 2 at the exact same location (after you exit the door with weird shot method)

there are 5 floors, the "basement", the first floor with the entrance and the bridge, the 2nd floor with the room where you weirdshot from and FA room (as well as the really annoying room with the ground pound switches) and the 3rd floor w/ the snowball path, and the top floor with the boss and key
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »

Hello hello,

Can anybody give me any tips on the STT BK skip? It's the only bk skip I'mnot consistent with. The only problem I have is getting the angle to slip into that OOB area. The megaflips aren't the problem I just need a visual cue or something know that I'm aligned to go OOB?

Also if it's a dire situation how many chu hovers is it to the loading zone once your out of bounds 12? I usually just megaflip or megasidehop until I hit it

Ty so much in advance
Foxiiinou
Deku Scrub

« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »

geraggh34: align yourself to the steel structure, you can adjust by doing lil jumps with chus, try to not touch the texture on the left (0:18) but dont go too far or you will be out same goes for the height. There is also an invisible wall (before i used the 2nd bomb), if you dont have the damage value at 0 it wont be a problem. From the end of the video you can reach the loading zone by doing 3 megaflips or ~10 hovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uR-jgTCHKM&feature=youtu.be

I also have a question, i'm looking for a way to succeed ISG on the first stab, i mean i want to know if someone has a setup to make sure it wont fail (mashing or whatever). thx  Smiley
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »

What's the trick to dropping down when doing the Great Bay BK skip? I know you do the R+Up-right+Z thing to clip, but is there an alternative way to drop down besides mashing? I read a description somewhere that said to hold A too. When do you start holding A?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
  Print  

Jump to: