ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:20:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 430295 times)
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #585 on: September 18, 2014, 11:45:26 AM »

known for a pretty long time... (see navi diving in oot, cucco diving uses the same technique)
the game doesn't regard any physics besides falling down during cutscenes.
I'm pretty sure that this is banned for glitchless

anyways - cool seeing people messing with the game still
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:46:59 AM by thiefbug » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #586 on: October 08, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »

I figured out an important piece to how wrong warping works in Majora's Mask. The only thing I don't understand is what happens if you try reading data that isn't a pointer when you're suppose to read a pointer.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #587 on: October 12, 2014, 05:30:14 AM »

Watching Skater play MM U, and it appears that if you make a frame perfect scene transition, you can skip the tower opening cs. Not sure if it's useful?

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #588 on: October 16, 2014, 01:19:19 AM »

Watching Skater play MM U, and it appears that if you make a frame perfect scene transition, you can skip the tower opening cs. Not sure if it's useful?
Are you certain? this has been tested before and hasn't worked...
Hathor
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #589 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »

Hi

I though it could interest someone so... I worked a bit on a UI for the bizhawk emulator. You'll find the script and watch list here.
Here's what it looks like:

What I call "jumps" is in fact when I have to move the bow from left group of mask to right (or vice versa), it also symbolized by the symbol "-". The more jumps there are, the more time it will take to do it.

PS: I've done it under BizHawk 1.8.4; not shure it will works on other version as the adresses might move.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #590 on: November 20, 2014, 02:12:29 AM »

Seems like X,Y,Z should take a lot less screen space

Braid
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #591 on: February 11, 2015, 08:19:45 PM »

Yo, I got GIM in MM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMfW0yHDVZE
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #592 on: February 18, 2015, 02:37:17 AM »

Found this in MM3D first but I tested it and it works in MM too. It's a quicker way to get the HP in ECT. From the first wooden post, you can roll jump at an angle to the last post and grab the ledge. It's not hard to do and it's a nice little timesaver for 100%

(pics of MM3D but it doesn't really matter lol)

EDIT: Nvm, turned out to be slower and old Tongue
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:33:42 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2015, 04:13:32 AM »

Found this in MM3D first but I tested it and it works in MM too. It's a quicker way to get the HP in ECT. From the first wooden post, you can roll jump at an angle to the last post and grab the ledge. It's not hard to do and it's a nice little timesaver for 100%

(pics of MM3D but it doesn't really matter lol)

This is old. It's also about a second and a half slower than going up the ramp (coming from south clock town).

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #594 on: March 13, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »

Idk if this is not important in any sense beside for the fun x)), you can actually Quick-PutAway in this game (as far as i know this is the only method possible to do it) which i found out yesterday when playing oot, http://youtu.be/0XZZ7crO0pA
I thought i could share it here too ;p
J3f
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #595 on: March 17, 2015, 07:18:35 PM »

Idk if this is not important in any sense beside for the fun x)), you can actually Quick-PutAway in this game (as far as i know this is the only method possible to do it) which i found out yesterday when playing oot, http://youtu.be/0XZZ7crO0pA
I thought i could share it here too ;p
Interesting, I've also used quick swapping between Fire Arrows and the Hook Shot to bypass Magic Arrow cool down. It's useful in the first room of Great Bay Temple to get the first Fairy.
blackbombchu
Deku Scrub

« Reply #596 on: November 27, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »

A page that's meant for doing Majora's Mask speedrunning research already exists at http://zeldaspeedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Majora%27s_Mask. Unfortunately, it's not very known about. Now that I just taught you people about it, feel free to use it to add in information you discover. To do more speedrunning research through a continuous discussion with each other, I suspect you can do so at http://zeldaspeedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Majora%27s_Mask. If you're not sure whether you're allowed to do it that way, you can ask on the founder's talk page http://zeldaspeedruns.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Haru_Mclean_Namikaze to see if you're allowed to.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
  Print  

Jump to: