ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:32:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 430335 times)
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #540 on: September 26, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »

I was rather talking about the deleting the file issue.

because I assume the file only gets deleted cause the game can't read it anymore - which means that the arrow, ruppe, bomb etc count have to affect the file in a way so that the game says "I can't read it anymore".

IF it is so, I wonder if it is possible to have a specific amount of items and rupees to obtain a broken file of which the game thinks that it is actually readable.

oh and about the fire arrow softlock - I just wanted to know how the game behaves when you void out when the text box appears.
there has to be a reason for this textbox to come up. I guess if the player voids out after the "softlock", he just goes back to D1 / N1 - but I'd still like to see it.
So I wasn't talking about obtaining it ^^
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:10:52 AM by thiefbug » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #541 on: September 26, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »

I would try having 256 rupees, I dunno either. Definitely not the entire rupee count, heh. I tested small keys for what it's worth and that didn't cause a deletion.

Another thing to consider is probably some BA effects. I combined endless day with 0th Day, and the result is similar to the method regarding night of 0th Day access (halting area reload in the day that preserves some NPCs). 0th Day effect still disappears after leaving an area unfortunately. Anyway, some BA effects can cause a file deletion too I believe, but it's been a while.

edit: File still deletes with 256.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:24:56 PM by Jeville » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #542 on: September 27, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »

MM's checksum algorithm is to simply sum up all the bytes within the file. Since the checksum is a 16 bit value, all the ammo and such would have to  add up 65536 so that the count rolls over.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #543 on: September 27, 2013, 04:55:14 PM »

Duping a bottle over the bow allows you to hold arrows without file deletion, will require elemental arrows to use though.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #544 on: September 28, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »

hmmm... so looking for something like that seems kinda pointless...

I wanted to see what happens when you do 0th day glitch in the room with the dead deku scrub - was hoping that the scene tries to reload... which it didn't...

I'm running out of ideas - I also can't understand why SoT behaves like that while stored SoS does not have any effect under the same circumstances. (is it because you have like 2 actual saves at once cause the owl save only gets cancelled by actually talking to it...?)

I doubt to have enough knowledge about the way the game actually works to get to a useful result...

well... I'll try a few more things but I really doubt that I'll end up with something useful :/
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #545 on: September 28, 2013, 05:27:39 AM »

0th Day quirks:

- removes Milk Road boulder
- instant alien invasion win (skips bottle)
- Mayor's Residence doesn't kick you out when it's late
- bringing Pendant of Memories/Madam Aroma's letter to 1st Day
- Postman fleeing on 1st Day (vanishes near guard then returns waiting every night)
- South Clock Town carpenter crash
- Cremia softlock (using 6pm nighttime method to keep her from vanishing)
- Bomb Shop owner using Final Day dialogue
- Anju's grandmother the only person in the inn; uses Final Day dialogue
- town guards use 1st/2nd Day dialogue
- Hylian Loach without Epona
- wearing transformation masks as non-transformational
- enemies seeing Link in the wrong form (bird steals sword from Zora, etc.)
- Fierce Deity using one-handed sword (almost no control)
- displaying 96-72 hours remaining
- new method for Deku Nuts on B
- brings a temporary Razor Sword to the 1st Day

What I cannot replicate:

Having Link's model messed up. After certain conditions are met (whatever they are), you do this: Be Deku/Goron/Zora, select 'Yes' on SoT, then take off the mask before the area reloads. The appearance of human Link's abomination is different from each form, with Zora having the coolest one (a green square curtaining Link that flashes from movement). Pausing and unpausing crashes the game. The effect wears off when you leave the area. The required conditions are saved permanently; I stopped being able to do this after I deleted the file. This was all on VC version.

What to do:

Speak with every time-relevant NPC in every condition possible on 0th Day for curiosity's sake. Regarding the transformation masks as non-transformational, only two NPCs react to them (Curiosity Shop and Bomb Shop guy).

Yeah, I doubt it has any applications for speedrunning; Song of Soaring disabling the effect really hurts it. I can maybe see the alien invasion win for All Masks, but I'm not familiar with the route to know. It's just for fun; brings new ideas for a Bingo.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #546 on: September 28, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »

I honestly don't even care about the speedrunning advantages - I just really like to mess with the game and see how it tries to handle with different stuff...
But I think I won't get far without emulator... I always have to set everything up again on VC which is kinda annoying...
I'd really like to know how to see and read all the memory values on the emulator x)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #547 on: September 29, 2013, 06:49:53 AM »

Me neither. Kiss

I found an easier 0th Day nighttime method that doesn't use frame-perfect pausing: Using a cutscene.
Peffern
Deku Scrub

« Reply #548 on: September 30, 2013, 06:45:16 AM »

Is 4th day and 0th day glitch the same? Im confused o.O
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #549 on: September 30, 2013, 07:02:05 AM »

Is 4th day and 0th day glitch the same? Im confused o.O
No. Watch this video.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #550 on: October 01, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »

hmm, I was doing BA over the hookshot, bombs and arrows (the last two only to prevent the file deletion... which failed) and did the 0th day glitch on day 2.
it's kinda interesting, that after I pulled out the ocarina, I was still on the 2nd day, the enviroment (moon) was like it was on the 0th day tho. (would be interesting to see the moon coming closer doing that on third day instead)

I should really start doing this on emulator... I'd be interested in what happened if I played sodt...

edit: looking at GnS's video shows, that you end up on the same day anyway... regardless if you BA'd over hookshot or not ...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:18:42 PM by thiefbug » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #551 on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »

Yeah, the clock doesn't change what day to display. Other than the environment, you can use the Bombers' Notebook to know the real day.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #552 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:21 AM »

3 things today:

Firstly I found that using an effect of 0th day and mask switching, you can do the Sonata cutscene in any form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyCR1i5_YhM
Secondly I found (bigger) that when you do the glitch that lets you enter the CS in any form, your C-buttons will stay undimmed if they were undimmed before. This means that you can put any item on that C button and it will be usable, effectively meaning any item anywhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnP3479I1jw
Thirdly, I applied any item anywhere, and some knowledge on how deku link handles the ammo count for the bow (it doesn't use up arrows) and found out that it's possible to skip the bow and the quiver in a run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdh3mw6CPUo

Jeville I want to talk to you about this stuff because I'm just assuming that none of this was already known, I couldn't find it anywhere. If you did already stumble into this before at some point then I'm sorry for doing all this and I'll recredit everything. I just kinda want to know where it stands with that,  after all it's thanks to your in-depth work on 0th day and mayor's warp file that this glitch was even close to being known.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #553 on: October 17, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »

I was playing around with it after a run today and did the FD glitch before performing it ...
ended up having a blank B button, making FD slash like an idiot - but using the Great Fairy Sword acts like the FD blade, so you get back the control and can use other items, such as the ocarina. the hookshot / bow get cancelled cause FD is slashing all the time when he doesn't have the blade on B or the Great Fairy Sword...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:25:49 PM by thiefbug » Logged
Peffern
Deku Scrub

« Reply #554 on: October 26, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »

This might be know for all I know lol  Tongue

So I was fucking around with SoS storage to see if I could get it to work, and apparently some text boxes makes the game soft lock, I checked with different text boxes and some of them kept making me soft lock while other opened the screen where you choose where to Soar to. I have no idea why this is happening but I figured I might share it since I haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere that this happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dC2vYsXNKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWyNBlTrMI
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:46:07 PM by Peffern » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40
  Print  

Jump to: