ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 438969 times)
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #525 on: August 01, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »

Yeah, this glitch seems to have all of the properties of timestop, except you can play ocarina notes, and c-up alone won't fully cancel it. You need to press b to cancel the "ocarina" in order to get time moving again.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:13:10 PM by GJ2323 » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #526 on: August 03, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »

I experimented the time-driven NPC shenanigans with text from storage, that works too. Yeah, useless outcomes, I got nothing.

-entering a loading zone while any of these songs are playing will cause them to get stored. (useful? probably not, or in very rare occasions.)
-taking out the real ocarina cancels this
I'm curious about those two. If you stored a song before you do this glitch, and then activate it, will it not cancel storage because it's not a "real" Ocarina? Because if it doesn't cancel, a double song storage might be possible, whatever that would do. I doubt it, and I can't test this myself right now.
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #527 on: August 04, 2013, 03:27:52 AM »

No, it seems like it cancels storage. Catching the fish/bugs for timestop will trigger the stored text anyway, and it disappears once you timestop at the gossip stone.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #528 on: August 04, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »

I did test this a while back when you first posted about the trick. It's definitely a really cool one, but in terms of usefulness, the only place it would really save time if possible would be if we stored SoT, DSoT or ISoT so we could skip some of the monkey's text for learning sotana of awakening. The problem with doing this is that the closest gossip stone is outside woods of mystery, and the earliest we can store the song is straight after getting the red potion bottle, so it most likely wouldn't be faster.

Though this glitch seems to be quirky and I wouldn't be surprised if it might lead onto other new glitches which may have their uses in the future.

Edit: I was just messing with this yesterday and I noticed that while you have the ocarina state, you can walk completely through the gossip stone you triggered it off. You can only walk through the one you triggered it off though, so if you trigger it in termina field off the Gossip Stone near great bay, you won't be able to walk through the gossip stone near the swamp.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:59:32 AM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Peffern
Deku Scrub

« Reply #529 on: September 01, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9YIuooCIg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUUCY9yLniyC4qHwtO51OFLg
This trick was found by me and mostly Ent91 this could be really useful as a backup strat, and maybe for All Masks aswell?
TyranitarTime
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #530 on: September 02, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »

Oceanside Spider House strat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCCU2URDzn8

Could be useful for 100%, MST and All Masks
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #531 on: September 02, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »

MST lol

There are strats that are way faster than this

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #532 on: September 05, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

zora high ledge grab for MM JP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTFYS1jRbNo

kinda feel like the height you can reach could be enough to reach the next platform as well, but thats probably TAS only
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:53:39 AM by mmFruit » Logged
Hathor
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »

Hello here!

Recently, I was playing MM just for fun and I don't really know how but I skipped the Gyorg CS skip by simply doing un jump slash while falling. I've seen weird shot skip but nothing like that. Here is the vid (Sorry for such a bad quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPDcm0ng05M

I've done it on Virtual Console (PAL version). I'll try to reproduce it.

I hope it can be useful.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:40:53 PM by Hathor » Logged
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #534 on: September 08, 2013, 10:39:49 PM »

Did you already watch the cutscene earlier in the cycle? And died or played song of soaring?
Hathor
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #535 on: September 08, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »

So, I tried once (so I viewed the custscene) and failed...

I came back and I've done this. I was suprised so I decided to die another time; I had to check it.

I came back once again, I didn't do anything and I show the custscene.
VPP
Deku Scrub

« Reply #536 on: September 17, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »

Had an idea from this pretty old trick:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_Ssqp6ejA

You could use this as a backup strat for English 100% (Any% too?), if you miss the Turtle CS skip. I saved around 15 seconds in my test video, but I'm sure it can be improved. Hookshotting the right part of the palm tree is tricky though, I havent gotten it consistant.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRI1WRPeqdI
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #537 on: September 18, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »

might also be worth going for the pause buffer turtle cs skip + this one then?
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #538 on: September 25, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »

felt like messing with the 0th day glitch a little...

does someone know what happens if you let D1 pass while the gossip stone says that there are 95h remaining?
besides - since SodT shows up the fire arrow text, I thought of clipping oob, hover with the blast mask and play SodT then... but didn't know where I could get that to work.

however - storing SoS instead of SoT does not have any effect. I assume that the 0th day glitch happens because you have SoT and the owl saved...
the glitched guay in termina cancels the stored song ... I still assume that it was supposed to show a text box but it was taken out.

I guess all of that was known before...

however - I think the mayor's house storage has some potential...

edit: oh and why does the file get deleted when you have some items with you?
Is it possible (I have no idea of the values and stuff) to have a specific amount of items (like arrows, rupees etc sum up) so the file doesn't get deleted?
Like having a summed up value so the game thinks that the file is readable... (Like 240 rupees, 14 arrows and 2 bombs... I got no idea of it actually)

just some ideas...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:03:53 PM by thiefbug » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #539 on: September 25, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »

felt like messing with the 0th day glitch a little...

does someone know what happens if you let D1 pass while the gossip stone says that there are 95h remaining?
besides - since SodT shows up the fire arrow text, I thought of clipping oob, hover with the blast mask and play SodT then... but didn't know where I could get that to work.

however - storing SoS instead of SoT does not have any effect. I assume that the 0th day glitch happens because you have SoT and the owl saved...
the glitched guay in termina cancels the stored song ... I still assume that it was supposed to show a text box but it was taken out.

I guess all of that was known before...

however - I think the mayor's house storage has some potential...

edit: oh and why does the file get deleted when you have some items with you?
Is it possible (I have no idea of the values and stuff) to have a specific amount of items (like arrows, rupees etc sum up) so the file doesn't get deleted?
Like having a summed up value so the game thinks that the file is readable... (Like 240 rupees, 14 arrows and 2 bombs... I got no idea of it actually)

just some ideas...
GlitchesAndStuff commented in my video regarding the Fire Arrow softlock that we don't get the Fire Arrow unfortunately.

As for having a specific amount of items to avoid file deletion, I doubt it. You can also get file deletion without any items by going back in time with the B button dulled from the Blast Mask.

The Gossip Stone doesn't only display 95 hours remaining, it can be displayed down to 84. 84 to 72 hours are possible to access and display, see how below.

If you're interested in trying out night of 0th Day without being limited to only 5:59am, you can watch how here (annotations are added this time). It's not going to make the aliens show up like 5:59am did though. Kamaro and Sakon will show up, but the old woman will not.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: