ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Segmented Any% Discussion  (Read 67469 times)
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »

I'll have to ask DRybes about. And by that I mean hope he reads this and posts Tongue

I'm not doing it if it's too hard. It's not worth risking a good Bokoblin battle for 1 added roll is it? If I can roll and get a good positioning, I can get an immediate quick spin on the bushes and roll to the door easily, but it's a case of if that actually happens. I don't want to explain it, but due to complications, cutting the bushes with a thrust is simply out of the question. In a case where that would be my only option I would rather jumpslash, but then I don't want to jump if I can do this sidehop thing, which leads me to the start again.

Complicated for something that saves less than a second...

EDIT:

I get what you mean now. I was overcomplicating. It's just a forward/side walk... Easy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 03:51:15 PM by Phazon » Logged

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »

Segment 3's done. Bokoblin fight kinda sucks, but meh. I'll edit when i've uploaded.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lolilops54
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:06:34 PM by Phazon » Logged

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 04:44:15 PM »

Nice improvement there. Only lost a second at that Bokoblin fight but that's no biggie.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »

I've been looking at that segment 5 SC and I honetly don't think it saves any time. In fact I think it costs time. First of all you have to save, which costs 2 seconds and i'm willing to accept that the SC saves more time than the save costs if it weren't for one problem. I started the segment and skipped the text as fast as I could; I also did well on the rope course up to the SC point and I had to wait for the rope to come to me for about another 2 seconds. So there's no advantage to using the SC in my eyes. I'm going to remove my segment 4 and combine it with 5. The regular rope course strat is easy so there's no need to split for optimization.

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »

Wait what??? Seg 5 is the rope course, with seg 4 being boarding the ship, then an optional save (no warp). What do you even mean by SC?

On another note nice seg 3, people have trouble with the rolling up the hill, you did it nicely. Then there was the fast rolling back to grandma, that jumpslash then sidewalk off looked nice.

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 07:22:11 AM »

The SC is skipping the last platform and using the last rope to swing over to Niko.

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

Ok I see what you meant. When you said you have to save, you meant it's too hard to do without the save, not truly 'required'...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »

What am I thinking? Ofcourse it saves time, but as you said it's difficult. I won't do it anyway, because i'll still be waiting for the rope to swing to me which means the SC saves about a second.

DRybes
Deku Scrub

DRybes
Email
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 02:01:34 AM »

I like how sparkle noticed I did something complex when I really didn't, lol.

I just accidently kept holding L after the jumpslash up to the fence so i ended up walking slow enough with whatever direction i was pushing (slight angle by mistake) that i walked off normally instead of jumping.

Nice 3.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »

Thanks, I started 4, but I ripped the skin off my finger from too much button mashing (I mash buttons weird) so I had to stop for today >_>

I carried on with the route anyway. I found that SS Mothula's aerial form is quite easy with 1 deku blast and 4 thrusts. Also you can do the 2nd form in about 2-3 seconds if you do the first form right. So Mothula can go down in about 10 seconds, I think.

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/lolilops54

I could have improved segment 4 by rolling after the rope game, but as I said in the description, it's not worth it. Segment 5 is being uploaded, although it's just talking so I doubt anyone really cares.

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »

Unreal update the first page please.

Seg 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqF2xJ_gAVs

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »

Seg 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u67PVpH-zeQ

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 03:29:20 AM »

What's come over me? I suddenly have the urge to pick up the wind waker again.... Venick's vids brang back some memories of the hours I spent on this game so I guess I'll start playing more ww. Btw, nice segments Phazon not much to say.  Smiley
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »

Hmm, I tried uploaded segs 8 and 9 yesterday, but for some reason Youtube repeats the vid in the same vid to make it twice as long and the second half has no sound. I tried 4 times on different machines and different connections, but the problem won't stop happening. I uploaded an old vid and the problem didn't happen, so it's just these 2 vids apparently? They play normally on my laptop too, so I haven't got a clue why it's happening. Anyway, no more uploads until Youtube stops doing it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: