ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:55:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930332 times)
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #705 on: August 18, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »

How can I get a movement speed of 27 with an Endless Superslide? I'd like to be able to turn directions in a superslide while having the fastest possible movement speed of 27 in the game.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/movement-speeds

HESS

EDIT: Which brings to my attention that http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/tech/extended-superslide needs to be updated *a lot*
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:33:15 PM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
RealBread
Deku Scrub

« Reply #706 on: August 22, 2013, 05:41:04 AM »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to learn RBA with the Lon Lon Ranch method but don't know how to prevent my game from crashing when I do Ocarina Items to get the bottle on B. I'm playing on PJ64 and I know that N64 crash went you try to pull out a deku stick as adult, but I don't know if that mean I have to use the fishing rod method or if I have to use VC because I'm pretty sure I saw other people being able to do it on N64. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #707 on: August 22, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to learn RBA with the Lon Lon Ranch method but don't know how to prevent my game from crashing when I do Ocarina Items to get the bottle on B. I'm playing on PJ64 and I know that N64 crash went you try to pull out a deku stick as adult, but I don't know if that mean I have to use the fishing rod method or if I have to use VC because I'm pretty sure I saw other people being able to do it on N64. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You must break your stick ahead of time so that you have 0 before becoming adult Link. If you are on GC/VC you can just break the stick as adult. Usually people break the stick on the JS for the WESS to kakariko on the way to the bottle (since the Lon Lon Ranch method skips Kokiri Sword). With the fishing rod method you don't need to break your stick because you can dupe directly over the fishing rod using the shieldswipe duping method (shieldswipe dupe doesn't work with sticks because Link can draw the stick while crouching).
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #708 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »

Sometimes when I try to do the spirit medallion cs skip, the camera is facing the wrong way when it pans back to link after the OI. (It faces to the left of him instead of the right.) This seems to happen completely at random, and it happens regardless of which setup I use. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #709 on: September 13, 2013, 07:09:14 AM »

Isn't there a way to permanently skip Zelda's Lullaby?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #710 on: September 13, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »

I don't think so. As long as you didn't get it yet I'm pretty sure you can always go back and get it.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #711 on: September 18, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »

After you watch the Zelda escape CS, the guards prevent you from going in there at all times and not just at night.
gun.rugger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #712 on: September 26, 2013, 04:17:26 AM »

Hey all! I am an OoT noob (hens NL for SS in vid) and I am trying to stick the BK skip in Fire. Here is a video of what I am doing. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPMt8TB3DM&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:29:12 AM by gun.rugger » Logged
gun.rugger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #713 on: September 26, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »

Hey all! I am an OoT noob (hens NL for SS in vid) and I am trying to stick the BK skip in Fire. Here is a video of what I am doing. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPMt8TB3DM&feature=youtu.be

I did it. This video helped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jWJG36ChjA
buttonmash
Deku Scrub

« Reply #714 on: October 05, 2013, 02:50:48 AM »

Hi speedrunners,

I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided I should get serious and really try to learn the game. For the most part, it's been going really well and it's been a lot of fun.

I'm very confused about how to do the swordless DoT skip, though. It seems different sources have different suggested inputs about how to get to the other side of the door once you've clipped through. Also, none of them seem plausible unbuffered, yet people do this trick unbuffered all the time.

I spent a couple hours practicing earlier this week and I'm reasonably consistent about clipping through the door itself, I just have no clue what to do afterwards and the internet seems to be contradictory in this regard. I'm assuming that some information is just outdated and one of the methods is better/more modern, I just don't know which. If someone could clear this up for me, that would be great!

I also have a question about pause buffering and emulators. (if emulator talk isn't allowed, mods can feel free to edit this part out.) For one, I'm having a really hard time pause buffering on an emulated N64 version of the game. I think part of it is the N64 itself, but also I think my emulator is making it harder. So first question: is pause buffering just difficult for everyone and I have no right to complain? Second question: what's the best emulator on Mac? I'm currently using sixtyforce and it's kinda terrible, but I couldn't find an alternate.

Related: are there any good split timers for Mac? I was making my own but I don't really have time to continue anymore. Plus, if someone else has made one there's no point anyway.

Thanks! I'm excited to be a part of this community! Smiley
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #715 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:39 AM »

From the door of time skip page:

The next part is clipping out of bounds. This is done the same way as normal — sideroll, and then sidehop. Before you fall out of bounds, make sure you release Z and the control stick. The timing for the next part is similar to the above method. Press Z on the same frame you would jumpslash (first frame where you can't see Link). Too early or late and you'll end up falling oob. When you hear Link do a jump hold left and you should be through. If you are pause buffering, hold left on the frame where you can see Link's hair. The amount of time you have to press left and still make it through is pretty lenient.

Pause buffering isn't hard, at least on a real console. From my experiences with Project 64, you can sometimes get unexpected frame bursts, or the timing for the re-pause can change when playing on an emulator. I'm not familiar with Macs or sixtyforce, so I can't tell you if there's a way to help you with this.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Whatsoup
Deku Scrub

yeah

Email
« Reply #716 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »

For anyone who has trouble with the stone umbrella skip in Shadow Temple, I found a really really easy way to buffer it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AhMHxlsHgQ

Not a hard trick in the first place, but this made it way more consistent for me. (useful in 100% and bingos)

twitch.tv/whatsoup
twitter.com/whatsoup_
GAP
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #717 on: October 20, 2013, 06:58:21 AM »

Hello Speedrunners

I have one question for those who the Swordless Link Glitch on the VC version, can it even be done? I tried it a lot on my Wii but I think I might be doing it wrong. I would to know if there is a way I can make it work on the Wii as I have know idea where to idea or even where to cast the line.

I am also having a really hard time on the horseback archery range, can anyoe give me pointers on how to make my experience easier?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:15:22 AM by GAP » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »

Hello Speedrunners

I have one question for those who the Swordless Link Glitch on the VC version, can it even be done? I tried it a lot on my Wii but I think I might be doing it wrong. I would to know if there is a way I can make it work on the Wii as I have know idea where to idea or even where to cast the line.

I am also having a really hard time on the horseback archery range, can anyoe give me pointers on how to make my experience easier?

As long as you are using the dive+cast method, stealing the rod should work on any version. You can always pause buffer it if you're having trouble.

You can also achieve swordless Link by skipping kokiri sword and then mounting a horse as adult Link IIRC.

Personally I find the minigame easier if you try to aim for the center of the big target, and as Epona passes by, keep shooting at it, but try to gradually move the control stick slowly to the right to keep the target in front of you all the time. Subtle movements are probably harder on VC, but just try to move the control stick very slightly and hopefully you will get smoother aim rather than jerky aim. Once you get the rhythm down, you can get all the points from that one target (although you might have to get some on the way back).
buttonmash
Deku Scrub

« Reply #719 on: October 23, 2013, 05:37:17 AM »

So I've been trying to get a consistent wrong warp for literally weeks and I'm really lost as to what I'm messing up about it. This is getting super frustrating.

I have a success rate of less than 1% (so, basically, random luck) and I've compared what I'm doing to every video I can find online and I haven't noticed any inconsistencies, so I don't even know what I need to fix.

I suspect it has something to do with how I'm entering the door. I've recorded my attempts and played them in sync with successful warps I've seen online and the setups look 100% consistent; they play synchronously. This makes me believe I'm entering the door wrong, although again, I don't know why or how.

I've uploaded a video, including inputs, here: http://cl.ly/2S103K2A0l0U

(Edit: it's possible the audio is ever so slightly out of sync. I tried to match it up the best I could and I think I did a good job, but it might still be slightly off.)

(Note: you don't have to download the video, there's a tiny link under the download button that says "view" so you can watch it in your browser.)

If anyone could tell me what I need to fix to get it to work, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: