ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:03:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930312 times)
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #645 on: January 03, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »

I've never had trouble 1 cycling Gohma until recently for some reason, and it costs me a minute or two in races. I do a jumpslash with a Deku Stick before the fight, and at the start I do the following: throw a Deku Nut and do power crouch stabs asap. For whatever reason, Gohma gets up before I'm able to hit her a third time. So... does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

You could throw a second deku nut after the first crouch stab to make it easier (and I believe it's required if you are jumpslashing for the final blow). Though you might already be doing that Tongue
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:01:48 PM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #646 on: January 03, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »

Never thought of that; thanks! That should make my Gohma more consistent.
iMighty
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #647 on: January 15, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

Hiya!

I currently running on a GC version of OoT, when I try to wrong warp from Deku to Ganon's Tower it puts me in a Black endless loop while Link is falling down over and over again. I can hear that things are crumbling, I can't see Link or the HUD. Or am I doing the Wrong wrap wrong?
Any advice?
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #648 on: January 15, 2013, 11:23:33 PM »

Your last cutscene value is wrong.  You must have a certain cutscene, such as the entrance to deku tree cutscene, as your last value, and the title screen resets this value.  So just watch the deku entrance cs, or I believe the hyrule field cs works too.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #649 on: January 16, 2013, 12:32:01 AM »

Hiya!

I currently running on a GC version of OoT, when I try to wrong warp from Deku to Ganon's Tower it puts me in a Black endless loop while Link is falling down over and over again. I can hear that things are crumbling, I can't see Link or the HUD. Or am I doing the Wrong wrap wrong?
Any advice?

The exact same thing was happening to me for a long time. Basically, just make sure you don't save anytime in the Deku Tree, including after you do the gohma double kill. If you do, you can fix it though. Just go out of the tree, save, reset, then when you start up again, save in your house. Then just go through and do the WW.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #650 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »

If I remember correctly, all you need to do is go to your house and pause then get out and refrain from pausing until you're back in the Deku Tree.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2013, 01:40:38 AM »

Sorry for the double post.

I'm redoing my Max % Child run and I'm wondering how to get the Master Sword after I RBA for the tunics and other stuff. I need to get the Kokiri Emerald first so I can sell the Bunny Hood to the Running Man in order to get the Zora and Goron Masks, though. Is there another way to get to Ganon's Castle?
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #652 on: January 21, 2013, 03:41:44 AM »

Sorry for the double post.

I'm redoing my Max % Child run and I'm wondering how to get the Master Sword after I RBA for the tunics and other stuff. I need to get the Kokiri Emerald first so I can sell the Bunny Hood to the Running Man in order to get the Zora and Goron Masks, though. Is there another way to get to Ganon's Castle?
I believe the correct order of doing things is to get zelda's lullaby first, rba odd potion for the stones (you get locked out of zl if you do this first), then go through the trade quest for the bunny hood (might put this before odd potion rba). You'll be to be playing GC, VC, or emu (pj64 specifically) to be able to hover into the potion shop to trade the mushroom for the potion. This way you get the masks RBA out of the way before you have to go to deku at all.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #653 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:56 AM »

Can I actually do half-milk RBA and get the Kokiri, Master, and Biggoron Swords? I think this will solve my problem.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #654 on: January 21, 2013, 03:53:27 AM »

to do half milk RBA with zora mask you need a value of 26 which would be Master Sword (2), Giant's Knife broken flag (Cool, and Deku Shield (16) so you would need the master sword in the first place to do it.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #655 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »

Thanks! I ended up restarting my file, but I didn't have too much done anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I read the page on Half-milk RBA on the site and it confused me even more. According to it, you just have to have a full bottle of milk in your inventory. That's how I'm reading it, at least. I feel that page, along with the whole RBA page, needs to be rewritten to give a "this is what you need to do to get this" style summary. The data showing the memory addresses and all are fine, but they should be put on a separate page in the RBA section, similar to how the WW section is organized.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:14:49 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #656 on: January 21, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »

Thanks! I ended up restarting my file, but I didn't have too much done anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I read the page on Half-milk RBA on the site and it confused me even more. According to it, you just have to have a full bottle of milk in your inventory. That's how I'm reading it, at least. I feel that page, along with the whole RBA page, needs to be rewritten to give a "this is what you need to do to get this" style summary. The data showing the memory addresses and all are fine, but they should be put on a separate page in the RBA section, similar to how the WW section is organized.

Yeah, it confused me when I first was trying to understand half-milk RBA. You don't need a bottle of milk in your inventory, but you need a VALUE of milk for the game to read. Milk is 26, so if you are pointing to something on the equipment where each bit represents an item, you will need a value of 26 in binary before doing the RBA. This will always include MS when RBAing swords, so you need MS to do half-milk RBA along with some other specific sword/shield values.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:27:01 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #657 on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:13 AM »

Ah, I see now; thanks! The wording is very confusing on that article, especially this part: "When you empty the contents of a bottle, the bottle script will first check to see if there is a full bottle of milk (item value 26) in your inventory"
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #658 on: January 22, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »

By that I mean it checked the proper inventory slot for item value 26 (Full Milk). It should be obvious that if you're dropping a fish and you have full milk in another bottle it's not going to magically turn into a bottle of half milk.

Either way, I changed that part to make it clearer hopefully. http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/halfmilk-rba
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:17:16 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Crank
Deku Scrub

« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »

Hey guys
I need help with the ganadorf wrong warp glitch. I want to do this method :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79J7N0C7JH4
My problem : I went to the column an position myself.Then I do a sidehop .Afterwards I press 2 times A that link is rolling twice llike in the Videolink.
Then I backflip once. After this backflip i backflip again and do the Ocarina Item glitch with my bottle . But the portal still grap me to the deku tree and the cutscene starts.

But if I go 2 little steps foreward between these two backflips (in the video its the positioning 0:09 ,where i do these steps) and do the ocarina Item glitch. The portal is activated and im still in Gohamas Room,so it worked.
Now the problem is that I cant use the adjustments which are mentioned in the video because I did these 2 steps.( I think thats the reason why they arent work).

Sorry for my bad english-.-
I hope u guys understand my problem Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: