ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:56:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930335 times)
Damaz0id
Deku Scrub

« Reply #630 on: October 23, 2012, 02:18:33 AM »

Hey everyone,
Im having some issues doing the bomb hover outside of the spirit temple. Im trying to get to the silver gauntlets chest and superslide using hover boots over to the mirror shield but when im bomb hovering to get to the silver gauntlets chest and try to change the angle, i cant seem to change it. much help is appreciated Cheesy
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #631 on: October 23, 2012, 03:00:26 AM »

Toward the bottom of the page should help you with angle changing: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/tech/hovering

Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2012, 06:24:47 AM »

Alright, can somebody help me with Ganon Door? I've tried for frickin hours on this, and I've gotten pretty much nothing. I've tried various methods, and I've come close a couple times, but still, something always goes wrong. Is there any good video that explains how to do this?

Edit: Ive tried some more, and the only problem I have now with getting it is that whenever I try to do OI at the warp, it doesn't work. Link just pulls out his sword and then I go in the warp. However, if I do it anywhere else, I can get it easily. Can somebody help me here?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:32:55 AM by Hornlitz » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #633 on: November 28, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »

Make sure you're spacing your backflip properly to land on the edge of the warp. Usually videos use setups that perform neutral rolls, in which case you won't want to touch the control stick at all while holding Z and then roll. Poodleskirt has a good video on twitch (or YouTube?), which helps indicate if you did it incorrectly or not.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #634 on: November 30, 2012, 02:17:43 AM »

Alright, something fishy is going on here. I can finally get to the door almost every time, however, whenever I do the setup to get to Ganon's Castle, it flashes white, indicating I did it right, but then it warps me to a black screen, where I can hear the rocks falling, but then after a few seconds it will play the sound that plays when you get crushed by the ceiling. What's going on now? I'm on VC if that helps...

(P.S. When this black screen comes on, none of the buttons work.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:28:45 AM by Hornlitz » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #635 on: November 30, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »

Alright, something fishy is going on here. I can finally get to the door almost every time, however, whenever I do the setup to get to Ganon's Castle, it flashes white, indicating I did it right, but then it warps me to a black screen, where I can hear the rocks falling, but then after a few seconds it will play the sound that plays when you get crushed by the ceiling. What's going on now? I'm on VC if that helps...

(P.S. When this black screen comes on, none of the buttons work.)

You are indeed getting the wrong warp, but this means the previous cutscene you watched was incorrect for the warp to Ganon's tower. The most convenient cutscene to watch is the one that plays right after you enter the Deku Tree. I would guess that you reset the game in between watching that cutscene and attempting the wrong warp, which means the intro cutscene is the last cutscene you saw (and that doesn't work for the Ganon's Tower ww). All you have to do to get to Ganon's Tower is make sure you watch the correct cutscene before attempting the warp.

I'n glad you're getting the warp consistently though. Cheesy

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #636 on: November 30, 2012, 11:52:53 PM »

Thanks so much! I finally got it Cheesy

Now for getting past Gerudo Valley early... I can't seem to get it. Is there a video or something that explains which frames you have to do things on to get the bombchu megaflip? I've tried some and I haven't gotten it.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #637 on: December 01, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »

You can pause buffer the Cuckoo Jump and save your explosives, which I've started doing recently.

Megaflip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5rGOhXM2s

Pause Buffered Cuckoo Jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEjFjxU59A
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #638 on: December 01, 2012, 06:15:12 AM »

Thanks again Smiley Now I can do pretty much every useful trick in the game! (except Superslides :/)
I'll find a video on how to get to the desert colossus by myself Tongue
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #639 on: December 08, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »

Why is it so easy to frame advance with pause buffering?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #640 on: December 16, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »

I have been wondering for a while now, has anyone ever found a glitch where you can use items indoors? I had always wanted to use my stuff inside houses Cheesy
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2012, 11:53:28 PM »

With Windy B you can use Farore's Wind indoors, but that's about all I know regarding that. I don't think there'd be much of a use for being able to use other items anyway. I'm pretty sure there's a Gameshark code you can use, though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:56:00 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
BEARSTARSHIP
Deku Scrub

« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »

I've been trying to do the swordless dot skip recently, and i've been having this problem with it.
I c-up my angle (the r in return on the right seam of the right pillar, and i also do the backflips) and do the sideroll + sidehop combination to get out of bounds. I release the Z button during the sidehop and i get the frame that i should (atleast i think) to do the swordless skip. But in all of the videos i've watched, i get a different frame after i start holding the Z button again once I am out of bounds. I'm not sure if i have a bad c-up angle, if i'm not letting go of Z during the sidehop at the right time, or if i'm not putting in the correct inputs. The inputs that i currently put in are just; letting go of z during the side hop, and holding down Z when i get the first frame out of bounds. The videos i have watched said to hold left on the second frame you see Link's hair, but unfortunately i have never gotten this frame. If anybody has any idea what i'm doing wrong, all help would be appreciated as i am still fairly new with speed running and glitches.

Thanks for any and all help.  Cool   
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »

I would suggest using one of the C-upless setups: this one or this one. That way you will be able to cancel out the angle being incorrect, because C-up can be quite inconsistent.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #644 on: January 03, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »

I've never had trouble 1 cycling Gohma until recently for some reason, and it costs me a minute or two in races. I do a jumpslash with a Deku Stick before the fight, and at the start I do the following: throw a Deku Nut and do power crouch stabs asap. For whatever reason, Gohma gets up before I'm able to hit her a third time. So... does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: