ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:02:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930338 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #420 on: December 31, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »

That trick actually doesn't work as child. Cafde whines constantly about not being able to get that GS in Max% Child. Tongue

Can't you clip into the stairs in that room and land on solid ground? Maybe hover to the door?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #421 on: December 31, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »

I'd like to try to experiment with slides like Z-slides and A-slides, but I've never done one, and so the instructions of how to do them are a bit obscure. This is from the dreamhosters ZSR page for the Z-slide:

"First roll into a source of damage like you would do when you want to Megaflip or Superslide, then hold forward at the end of the roll, and the very first frame that you can let go of the shield but still have Link block the damage, let go of Z and R. Now you must press Z every other visual frame."

The problem is that part about the "very first frame that you can let go of the shield but still have Link block the damage, let go of Z and R" part. I would like to see an m64 (from snapshot) of these slides so I can get a feel for what the frames are. Incase there might be desyncing issues, I am using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 for Video, N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a for Input, and the RSP plugin is just called 'RSP emulation Plugin'.

Why I really want an m64 and not just a video or text explanation is because I don't have any save data that has bombs or chu's on my computer...
I could give you an m64 of the slides but it would be using Jabo's Direct3D6 since 3D8 does not work for me. Also, you should be using the TAS input plugin. You can find it at TASvideos.

Edit: Here is a link to the m64 and st I made. Hope it helps you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?i6c2xz4j16iiv78
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:36:00 AM by BottlesFTW » Logged
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #422 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »

Thank you, the m64 will be quite helpful. Smiley

EDIT: wow, I will need a lot of practice before I ever manage to start one of these slides... but the m64 is still going to be quite nice to have.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:16:26 PM by DekuScrub » Logged

SOLD OUT
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #423 on: January 02, 2012, 02:57:20 AM »

are there any more specifics to the stealing the rod glitch? because if its just tap A and mash B in shallow water i feel like it should have worked one of the many times I've tried it. I don't mind having a hard time with things like the DoT skip or vine clipping because they have really specific angles, positions and button presses, but this seems so simple and i can't get it. how much does the position of link in the water matter? is it doable anywhere where he pops out of the water and does a little fall into a standing position? am i supposed to start mashing B right after tapping A, and stop mashing B when the rod is cast? or should I wait to start and/or stop mashing B slightly?
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #424 on: January 02, 2012, 03:25:07 AM »

You want to press B on the first frame the water splashes from link coming out of the water, if you have trouble with it with mashing you can pause buffer to this frame. If you're casting the rod like normal you need to be deeper in the water.

DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #425 on: January 02, 2012, 03:36:26 AM »

oh, no wonder why i havent done it yet then. I've always attempted it in the shallowest water possible that link is still swimming in xD.
Edit: got it :], thanks for the help Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:08:27 AM by DLH112 » Logged
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »

I get a lot of randomness with me ESS's. It's creating a lot of trouble for me for reaching the town before night.

When I hold as I'd like I get completly random, sometimes more left, sometimes more right even though I hold a little to the left.

When I hold very right I get like 1/3-1/5 lefts and vice versa (approx, I havn't kept any statistics here)

Any help with that?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:39:05 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
MasterC
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »

im also having trouble doing WESS to skip the owl, i dont actually know what to do, tried looking it up but can't find it

so far, i know that in the water i am supposed to hold up then spam L, but whenever i come out of the water i just stop, it is clearly working in the water though
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2012, 02:30:50 AM »

You want to hold slightly to the right (not down right). You'll want to get comfortable with ess position before trying it in runs/races, or I guess you could pause to get the right position. If you get a slow wess you probably went through too much water.

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #429 on: January 16, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »

Okay, yea I guess I hold straight down or something... I'll practise with holding right.

But I'm also having trouble with superswim. No matter how fast I mash Z I can't get it right... I'm using a gamecube-controller so it's extra hard but there's nothing I'm missing? How many times a second do I have to mash it approx.?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »

dont use z for superswim, its much harder than just mashing up on the analogue stick repeatedly to keep speed. you can also steer yourself with this method which is nice
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

dont use z for superswim, its much harder than just mashing up on the analogue stick repeatedly to keep speed. you can also steer yourself with this method which is nice
You can steer yourself with both methods. The analogue one is better for gamecube controllers though, since it is pretty hard to mash those triggers quickly.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Postman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #432 on: January 23, 2012, 04:46:10 AM »

Quick question regarding BotW chu's...

I've been trying to get this trick for a bit, but it seems like the videos on it are kind of outdated? I know the video that Cosmo uploaded a while ago isn't the same way he does it now, as back then it involved a spin attack, a different starting point, and what looks like different reference frames that he uses to know when to drop, etc.

Is that video still the best way of learning it? Or is there something else (that I haven't found yet in the forums or youtube) that someone can link me to?

Thanks in advance
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #433 on: January 23, 2012, 05:36:07 AM »

Quick question regarding BotW chu's...

I've been trying to get this trick for a bit, but it seems like the videos on it are kind of outdated? I know the video that Cosmo uploaded a while ago isn't the same way he does it now, as back then it involved a spin attack, a different starting point, and what looks like different reference frames that he uses to know when to drop, etc.

Is that video still the best way of learning it? Or is there something else (that I haven't found yet in the forums or youtube) that someone can link me to?

Thanks in advance
This should be the method that Cosmo uses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssd1y32wKxM

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Postman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #434 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:09 AM »

Awesome, thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: