ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 10:45:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930145 times)
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2011, 04:22:42 AM »

Right, I will look into the bottle then since I'm on US. Thanks for the advice. Smiley
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2011, 01:54:02 PM »

The bottle also allows you to IO the blue switch in Jabu if you wish, and you can use blue fire in the water trial as well.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »

Yeah, definitely going with bottle then, it just seems way more useful overall. Although I might still ruto throw, been nailing that in practice runs recently so it'd be a shame to let the practice go to waste.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #408 on: December 14, 2011, 12:32:31 AM »

Farfetched theory this kid on YouTube has of getting Adult Link into child maps on OoT3D. I understand that this is OoT but 3D's been dead for a bit. He found a trick where you can delay grabbing the Master Sword, and there is a minimal frame where you can use an item. If Windy B or alec's restricted item glitch were used, a warp point can easily be set. Since I'm away from my 3DS at the moment, I'm unable to test this. I must ask though, is there a known time in the grabbing of the MS where Farore's Wind is deleted? I'm not sure if it's when you hit the grab or during the CS.

I feel silly even considering this but I'm bored

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #409 on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:21 AM »

Farfetched theory this kid on YouTube has of getting Adult Link into child maps on OoT3D. I understand that this is OoT but 3D's been dead for a bit. He found a trick where you can delay grabbing the Master Sword, and there is a minimal frame where you can use an item. If Windy B or alec's restricted item glitch were used, a warp point can easily be set. Since I'm away from my 3DS at the moment, I'm unable to test this. I must ask though, is there a known time in the grabbing of the MS where Farore's Wind is deleted? I'm not sure if it's when you hit the grab or during the CS.

I feel silly even considering this but I'm bored
You can't pause during that time, but if you have a timer (like odd mush or eyedrops) you can grab the sword as soon as the item expires and you will have master sword on B.  It was originally found in regular OoT.  I'm not actually sure if it would still work in 3D but I assume so.  Anyway, it will definitely not get you into adult maps, it will just let you use master sword as child.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #410 on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »

Which we can already do on 3D Smiley. Wasn't expecting much of it but good to know & thanks much~

DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »

I just "mastered", well good enough anyway, the DoT skip, and was wondering what is the simplest (precision/execution wise) RBA Any% route? I don't want to have to do the tektite hover, swordless DoT skip, and preferably not the botw chus, but i have a bad feeling theyre necessary. I'm just trying to get a route to show off to friends that I can beat it in like 2 hours (pretty casually) without entering dungeons. I don't really know what I'm doing with RBA though xD. I was thinking something like this?
Sword + Shield
forest escape(get ocarina)
scarecrow song
kakariko cucco bottle
DoT skip
hookshot
use scarecrow + hookshot to get to fishing place, escape w/ rod...
-things i dont know here-
get light arrows
ganons castle/trial skip
kill ganon
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »

Actually there's a better route under the conditions that you want.

Code: (any% route)
Key:
(B) Bombs
(R) Rupees
(A) Arrows
(Bn) Beans
(DS) Deku Stick

Route:

-Intro

-Normal Rupee route up to sword. (R 18 or 23)

-Enter Lost Woods

-Aquascape to Zora river

-Swim downstream to Cucco (R 29-30)

-Buy bean (20R) (1Bn)

-Go upstream to Zora Waterfall

-Cucco Jump into Zora's Domain

-Diving Game for Silver Scale (R25)

-Enter Lake Hylia

-Get bottle and plant bean behind house. (0Bn)

-Re-enter Zora's Domain

-Show bottle to King Zora

-Re-enter Lake Hylia

-Talk to owl to get to infront of Hyrule Castle

-Get 80 Rupees from chains (99R)

-Buy Hylian shield (19R)

-Enter Temple of Time

-Door of Time skip

-Light Medallion

-Save and reset

-Go to Kakariko and get Pocket Egg and bugs in a bottle

-Backwalk to Lake Hylia

-Ride bean to Fishing grounds (should have 20R at this point.)

-Steal the Rod glitch

-Enter and exit water

-RBA Bombs and Pocket Cucco (Items must be on C-Right to RBA them)

-Backwalk back to Kakariko

-RBA Cojiro

-Get 40 Bombs and 40 Rupees (40B) (40R)

-Superslide to ESS into Lost Woods from Hyrule Field (39B)

-Pressure jump to ladder, go normal way if failed (38B)

-Get Odd Mushroom

-Enter Goron City (37B)

-Go down Death Mountian into Kakriko

-Buy 20 Arrows and one Deku stick (R10)

-Trade Odd Mushroom for Odd Potion

-Superslide out of Kakariko, backwalk if failed (36B)

-Superslide to ESS to Lost Woods (35B)

-Pressure Jump to ladder, normal way if failed (34B)

-Get Poachers Saw

-Go to Goron City

-Climb Death Mountian to Fairy Fountian (32B, 31 if Supersliding)

-RBA Poacher's Saw

-Ocarina Item glitch to play Zelda's Lullaby (31B)

-Quick Magic text, cry if failed

-Save and reset

-Go to Lon Lon Ranch

-Steal Epona glitch (29B, 28 if fail Navi ISG)

-Epona over Gerudo Bridge

-Break Deku Stick (0DS)

-Get Broken Goron Sword

-RBA Broken Goron Sword

-Ocarina Item to play Prelude of Light (28B)

-Obtain Light Arrows

-Save and reset

-Enter Ganon's Castle

-Armos Trials skip method

-Ganondorf (19A, 18 if you fail 1 round method)

-Superslide to keep Master Sword (27B)

-Beat up Ganon

-You're done
May take a bit of practice for the staircase hover to steal epona but it'd be worth it imo. (I personally got a 1:49:07 with this route and that was with a really bad mistake.)
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #413 on: December 28, 2011, 04:24:23 AM »

thanks, that seems like it'll work great :], but i cant seem to steal the rod :[. in the vid SL says its easy though, any tips on the timing of B/when to let go of A? It looks similar/like im doing it right, but i can't move around :[.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2011, 04:33:56 AM »

I don't time B when stealing the rod, I mash it.

Also you'll know when you get the rod steal, the cast animation won't play but the rod will still cast.
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2011, 05:23:49 AM »

thanks for the help, but i just can't seem to get it :/
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #416 on: December 29, 2011, 03:11:31 AM »

Is there any way to get the Fire Temple Boss Key as a child? I remember seeing a video of someone opening the locked door without getting rid of the statue with the Megaton Hammer by using a bomb, but I can no longer find that video.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #417 on: December 29, 2011, 03:48:39 AM »

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkIAowuvxUU&feature=channel_video_title

But no, it's not possible because you need to use the hammer to open the cage with the boss key

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:33 AM »

That trick actually doesn't work as child. Cafde whines constantly about not being able to get that GS in Max% Child. Tongue

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #419 on: December 31, 2011, 07:04:14 AM »

I'd like to try to experiment with slides like Z-slides and A-slides, but I've never done one, and so the instructions of how to do them are a bit obscure. This is from the dreamhosters ZSR page for the Z-slide:

"First roll into a source of damage like you would do when you want to Megaflip or Superslide, then hold forward at the end of the roll, and the very first frame that you can let go of the shield but still have Link block the damage, let go of Z and R. Now you must press Z every other visual frame."

The problem is that part about the "very first frame that you can let go of the shield but still have Link block the damage, let go of Z and R" part. I would like to see an m64 (from snapshot) of these slides so I can get a feel for what the frames are. Incase there might be desyncing issues, I am using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 for Video, N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a for Input, and the RSP plugin is just called 'RSP emulation Plugin'.

Why I really want an m64 and not just a video or text explanation is because I don't have any save data that has bombs or chu's on my computer...

SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: