ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:15:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930161 times)
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2011, 06:54:09 AM »

Got bombs?

But just keep trying... I doubt another video is gonna make the difference when there's no real trick to it other than timing. Maybe you could practice the jump on a small ledge? Also, don't forget the sun's songs warping capabilities Smiley.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »

Is Kazooies original video from a year ago still the best modus operandi to get inside?

Most likely, its still stupidly hard though

How do I RBA the boomerang to B?

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/bottle-adventure should hopefully give you enough information, but just at a glance (BA isn't really my thing) you will need to find a way of getting ice arrows on c - right as child most likely by using the zora or goron mask effectively and then use a warp song out of the TOT you will have minuet as in order to travel back in time you need to have beaten the forest temple

Do I need the hammer to kill Barinade or is there an alternative to use?

Not only will you need the boomerang throughout the whole fight with barinade so there is no chance of using your sword to kill it, but the hammer is more importantly used to get ISG for the bomb hover to get into Jabu in the first place

How do I get my Master Sword back? (DoT is closed, if it'd matter)

After defeating barinade you should be able to just go into the equipment menu and re-equip it unless it has disappeared in which case a save warp should fix it

Anything else I need to know?

Probably Tongue

hope this helps Smiley

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »

Question about the Jabu Jabu as an Adult. Does it count if you recoil DoT skip, do BA for boomerang on B, and beat Barinade?? Or can you only get up to Barinade? I'm doing my first max% adult run.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »

Question about the Jabu Jabu as an Adult. Does it count if you recoil DoT skip, do BA for boomerang on B, and beat Barinade?? Or can you only get up to Barinade? I'm doing my first max% adult run.
You cannot do Bottle Adventure at all in max% adult, because it is impossible to get a bottle as adult unless you already have one.
You should still do Jabu as adult to get the real boomerang, though.

By the way, to BA Boomerang, have exactly 14 deku nuts. As Adult Link, get bottle on b. Go back in time, and as child, have a fish on c-right. Go forward in time.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2011, 05:10:05 AM »

Could someone confirm to me that bombchu megaflip isn't possible on PAL 1.0? (And maybe tell why?)

At least thats what D U F I from this forum told me, but now someone is saying the opposite :/

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2011, 06:42:30 AM »

Could someone confirm to me that bombchu megaflip isn't possible on PAL 1.0? (And maybe tell why?)

At least thats what D U F I from this forum told me, but now someone is saying the opposite :/

The bombchu megaflip IS possible on pal. The roll physics on pal are different though, and some megaflips, like the megaflip for tektite hover and cosmo escape, will not work. This is because the damage source also need to be hitting link as well as his shield. Explosions can do this.

If you try the method where you shield roll on the 8th flash of the bombchu and backflip on the frame where he's about to get up with the shield half out, it will not work on PAL, though. This is because this method only hits his shield.

If you actually roll into the explosion of the bombchu you can still megaflip perfectly fine. Smiley
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »

Really? Then it isn't covered by Cosmo's statement?:
"PAL cannot megaflip in many instances due to changed roll invincibility"
~http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=851.0

But if it is possible I have an unrelated question, anyone knows how to edit mupen64 files (.m64) xD?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:36:15 PM by TimpZ » Logged

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »

You guys should tell me if I'm filling up this thread or something but I need some help with the oob-trick from PoH in Gerudo valley that people usually use when you fail the cucco jump... I've almost spent more time trying to get that to work than the cucco jump, but not once have I succeded! I'm playing VC PAL, if it'd matter.

Also, I'm gonna try this later on but I might as well ask in case it'd be wrong so someone could explain it to me

Boomerang on B:
Steal rod
Fish on c-right
get 14 deku nuts
BA
Success?

markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »

You guys should tell me if I'm filling up this thread or something but I need some help with the oob-trick from PoH in Gerudo valley that people usually use when you fail the cucco jump... I've almost spent more time trying to get that to work than the cucco jump, but not once have I succeded! I'm playing VC PAL, if it'd matter.

Align yourself with the back wall with Z, link should be in the second tile from the left. Back walk to the edge, climb back up. Aim at the corner, the angle isn't very strict. Sidehop. Win. If I remember correctly, you don't have to hold left after the sidehop, but I could be wrong.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2011, 12:05:29 AM »

More specifically for the sidehop OoB, aim the R in Return with the corner then sidehop and you should always get it.  Here's a video if you need any more help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODlqqThkzM

As for boomerang on B, that's correct, but remember the fish needs to be on child's C right, not adult's (though it wouldn't hurt to be on adult's).

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #355 on: September 05, 2011, 03:29:43 PM »

does anyone have any good videos or tutorials for some of the ice cavern sequence breaks? i know there are a few because ive seen them on random streams but its never something ive been able to track down

ive ended up in that place a lot in bingos recently and the only trick i know is jump slashing through red ice to open the map chest/get the silver rupee, and the page for it on here is under construction. anything anyone has on it at all would be greatly appreciated

same goes for any water temple tricks for getting small keys, especially without iron boots or lullaby.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #356 on: September 05, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »

does anyone have any good videos or tutorials for some of the ice cavern sequence breaks? i know there are a few because ive seen them on random streams but its never something ive been able to track down

ive ended up in that place a lot in bingos recently and the only trick i know is jump slashing through red ice to open the map chest/get the silver rupee, and the page for it on here is under construction. anything anyone has on it at all would be greatly appreciated

same goes for any water temple tricks for getting small keys, especially without iron boots or lullaby.
http://www.youtube.com/user/exodus122#p/u/16/mQsQz2yIDjI
http://www.youtube.com/user/exodus122#p/u/26/OJHjfpAcisU
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kazooie#p/u/36/36f-WcNM0JA
http://www.youtube.com/user/pokeypummel17#p/u/23/bO3RLfgoKHc

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2011, 02:58:13 AM »

incredibly useful, thanks
Windmill
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #358 on: September 24, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »

Deku Tree- Please Help

OK so I am new to speedrunning Smiley I am right now trying my best to get the Deku Tree right as a practice Smiley

So I am good (enough) at mega sidehopping off of the deku baby down to B1. I was doing that today, then I was backflipping into the unloaded web. Buuuuut... I made a new file, I got up to the web, I tried to mega backflip... but on this file, the web is always loaded?! I'm doing nothing different. I broke the web, saved, and I start each segment fresh after "just entering" the deku tree. I'm not sure why this web is loaded. Its frustrating because I don't know a fast way to reliably break the second web otherwise. My controller won't let me to the skulluta (sic?) clip. Can someone please help? Smiley
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #359 on: September 24, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »

If you have ever loaded the web on the file, I think it loads much quicker each time so the web clip is impossible. So basically you have one and only one shot at the web clip each file, even if you reset.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: