ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:13:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930160 times)
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

Yeah, I tried the superslide a bunch of times, but link kept getting stuck under the top platform and getting crushed. Explain the sideflip hover, I don't quite understand. Its the slippery slope under me that stops my hover, wouldn't you still have to be over the platforms of you were sideflip hovering? I have 45 chus right now so that isn't a problem, but when I try to stay over the platforms, I can't seem to make it more 1 or 2 hovers once I'm across the gap. And hovering from the lower platform on the entrance side doesn't seem like it's going to give me enough height to make it to the other side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z6kUlj0r2s It's like the door of time skip, only you're backflipping instead of sidehopping. You have to stay over the moving platforms are once you cross the void (which is why I said you'll have to change your angle every couple of hovers if you're sideflip hovering because they aren't perfectly straight). If you have 45 chus though, then slingshot hovering over shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you're over the moving platforms (or where they would be, so you're over them when they reach you).
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2011, 05:34:05 AM »

hi, currently learning child dungeons so i can join you guys in racing and with the latest route im really getting held up by the chu megaflip into zora's domain. ive tried a bunch of different positions and seem to get about a 50/50 between a megaflip and a ground jump (im assuming because of the angle), but even when i hit the megaflip my angle still isn't right and i don't get past the waterfall. i searched around for a bit and haven't been able to find any videos demonstrating it properly, any advice?

feels like i just need a screenshot of what to line up with before i backwalk to hang off the ledge, having trouble figuring it out myself
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2011, 05:45:56 AM »

There's a good setup and pause buffer method here.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:19 AM »

awesome, thats perfect. got it first try after watching that.
Smoom
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »

When talking to the guy blocking the Hyrule Field entrance in WESS, do you have to use the farther wall? Can I use the wall that we clip with in Pokey's method?
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #335 on: August 19, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »

When talking to the guy blocking the Hyrule Field entrance in WESS, do you have to use the farther wall? Can I use the wall that we clip with in Pokey's method?

I don't understand what you are saying. Please be more clear. Which Hyrule field entrance are you talking about?

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

I don't understand what you are saying. Please be more clear. Which Hyrule field entrance are you talking about?

There's only one guy blocking an entrance to Hyrule field...

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #337 on: August 20, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »

There's only one guy blocking an entrance to Hyrule field...

Well excuse me for trying to answer an question that didn't specify the name of the trick or the place he was trying to do it in.

I have realized he is talking about the WESS Forest Escape, where "using a wall" isn't even necessary. So yes, the other wall could be used, but I don't see why you would use it.

Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #338 on: August 20, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »

About the WESS Forest Escape:

I can pull everything off but talking to the Kokiri blocking the entrance. While I'm moving against him in the WESS state, it doesn't let me talk to him and just says "Attack" on the A Button. What am I doing wrong?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #339 on: August 20, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »

You have to let go of the control stick and mash A to talk to him immediately.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

Oh look, another DoT skip noob here.

Anyways, I made a video showing/listen(ing) to what Link does and my controller actions. The alignment isn't the issue, it's how he double rolls. On VC, by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbLHIi6sEP8

Please help?

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »

Once you get in place, you want to pull back towards you about to the point where the action button teeters between attack and jump, then tilt just a bit to the left. Then when you start the roll, don't mash A. Pull the joystick all the way into the bottom left notch, then mash A.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2011, 03:41:52 AM »

Thank you mzx. I finally got my first clip. Experimenting with angles now. Thank you so much^^

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »

Okay, so I'm planning to go inside Jabu Jabu as an adult and then get out fine and dandy. But since venturing among the intestines of this block of ice seems kind of rare, I have yet to find a good tutorial or just plain run of it... It might be because my connection is whizzling at a neck-breaking average speed of 10kb/s, but I felt the most easy solution would to just plain ask the pro's:

Is Kazooies original video from a year ago still the best modus operandi to get inside?

How do I RBA the boomerang to B?

Do I need the hammer to kill Barinade or is there an alternative to use?

How do I get my Master Sword back? (DoT is closed, if it'd matter)

Anything else I need to know?

I'm asking because I've still not seen any full-length adult runs at all. I mean, nothing some explosives can't fix, but a general strategy would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:39:55 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »

Gerudo Fortress Gate Skip is giving me unspeakable grief. I just cannot get the second side hop! Any tips, or good video guides knocking around that I haven't been able to find?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: