ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:35:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930085 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »

I prefer ISG on twinrova myself because 2 cycling her is one of my biggest fears, and I can usually spare a bomb there, but most people seem to prefer crouch stabs.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2011, 02:10:51 AM »

well i saw in the new MST jp world record that u can be on the platform with twinrova when u hit her with the ice/ fire. So I would think getting isg off a navi info would potentially be the fastest way, or at least faster than a bomb anyway...

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #317 on: August 08, 2011, 03:46:53 AM »

Getting ISG off of navi temporarily pauses the fight, so it would be slightly slower, but fine if you want to save a bomb.  But if you jump to the platform under her on the 3rd fire/ice shot, you might as well just crouch stab her since you wouldn't have much time for ISG.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
lovage
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »

edit:   nvm figured it out

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:40:36 PM by lovage » Logged
Majora252
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2011, 03:30:28 AM »

Couple questions: Is it possible to start a new file with any item on B or is that only in the 3DS version? And when doing the DoT skip, what frame do you jumpslash on? I've died over 20 times attempting it.  Angry
pivotguyDC1
« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:19 AM »

And when doing the DoT skip, what frame do you jumpslash on? I've died over 20 times attempting it.  Angry
I've never had to buffer the jumpslash too many times, so I guess jumpslash on the frame where Link is not quite lined up with the Door but his knees are level with the ground.

|Too late/link is lined up with door. This is the frame you've been hitting B on.|Pause on this frame, buffer B here|Too early (link just got oob)| Beginning of clip|

| indicates separation between frames
pivotguyDC1
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2011, 05:08:28 AM »

For slingshot hover with chus, make sure you're releasing the seed before taking out the chu.  It should be: load slingshot, backflip, release seed, press bombchu button, press R.
Actually, you don't even need to load the seed. If you're fast enough you can backflip right after you take out the slinghsot--> backflip (let go of analog stick) bombchu --> shield.
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »

Couple questions: Is it possible to start a new file with any item on B or is that only in the 3DS version? And when doing the DoT skip, what frame do you jumpslash on? I've died over 20 times attempting it.  Angry
That's 3DS only.
For DoT skip you jumpslash on the frame the camera is still in bounds but link is not. Make sure you hold right the whole time after the sidehop or it will not work.
If link has made a noise and you are on the right frame hold forward during the jumplslash instead. Smiley
Majora252
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2011, 05:45:14 PM »

OK, thanks Pivot and Bottles. Is it possible to steal the rod as a child so I can RBA with young link?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »

Yes, stealing the rod is same for child as adult.

And pivotguy, thanks for taking your sig completely out of context >_>

markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »

Is there any alternative to bombchu hovering over the platforms on the slippery slope in the 2nd room before Dark Link to get the Longshot as a child? I'm having a really hard time with it.

Majora252
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »

Maybe you could superslide up the slope?
markallen1988
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »

That's a good idea, don't know if it would work to get him up the slope, but at the top is a ledge that's too high to slide up so there's no way it would get him to the other side.

Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2011, 10:04:30 PM »

You can superslide up the slope, but there's no way to get up from there. Your best bet is side flip hovering from the platform closest to the entrance of the room, changing angle off the chus every 2-3 hovers. Should take about 16-18 chus, pause buffering helps a lot. Alternatively you can slingshot hover from the platform that moves up and down, but it would take a lot of chus, probably around 30-35.
markallen1988
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

You can superslide up the slope, but there's no way to get up from there. Your best bet is side flip hovering from the platform closest to the entrance of the room, changing angle off the chus every 2-3 hovers. Should take about 16-18 chus, pause buffering helps a lot. Alternatively you can slingshot hover from the platform that moves up and down, but it would take a lot of chus, probably around 30-35.

Yeah, I tried the superslide a bunch of times, but link kept getting stuck under the top platform and getting crushed. Explain the sideflip hover, I don't quite understand. Its the slippery slope under me that stops my hover, wouldn't you still have to be over the platforms of you were sideflip hovering? I have 45 chus right now so that isn't a problem, but when I try to stay over the platforms, I can't seem to make it more 1 or 2 hovers once I'm across the gap. And hovering from the lower platform on the entrance side doesn't seem like it's going to give me enough height to make it to the other side.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: