ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:59:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930288 times)
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »

...text...

Great, thank you so much Smiley. I'm getting my whole glitchfest-run kind of planned out as I go and I'm at the shadow temple as a child right now. The first part will be up in about an hour if you're interested.

It feels ironic that I've managed several ESS's, SS-teleport, vineclips etc. without any major problems but I can't make a stupid 'chu megaflip :/. Any tips on that?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »

Is Shadow Temple block skip/gate clip possible as a child?

D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »

For the chu megaflip buffer to the 8th flash roll and then backflip when his sheild is half up.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »

For the chu megaflip buffer to the 8th flash roll and then backflip when his sheild is half up.

I TAS'd it and pressed the R button exactly at the eight flash, then played around for when to roll (not holding forward) and backflip but nomatter how much I tried for a couple of hours, it just didn't work D:. But yea, I guess I'll just have to continue practise :/...

And for the block skip question, yes it is possible. But a bit harder since your sword is shorter, I think.

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

Make sure you are not playing on the pal version or the chu megaflip will not work at all, If possible i'd suggest playing the japanese version as its got faster text and you can megaflip off chu's.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:02:53 PM by D U F I » Logged
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »

Make sure you are not playing on the pal version or the chu megaflip will not work at all, If possible i'd suggest playing the japanese version as its got faster text and you can megaflip off chu's.

*FACEPALM* I am using the pal version (1.0) <_<... Is there another way to get over there as a child without slingshot or regular bombs? I don't want my shadow early teleport to be in vain!

D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »

*FACEPALM* I am using the pal version (1.0) <_<... Is there another way to get over there as a child without slingshot or regular bombs? I don't want my shadow early teleport to be in vain!

I don't think so, sorry Sad There is a video on youtube though that will show you how to get the superslide teleport everytime with pause buffering, if you want that i'll give you the link.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »

I don't think so, sorry Sad There is a video on youtube though that will show you how to get the superslide teleport everytime with pause buffering, if you want that i'll give you the link.

I think I got it actually, is it this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pkjbOtYGw

Ahwell, I guess I'll have to do something else... Does anyone know about any glitches that only (more or less) can be performed in the royal grave? (where you get sun's song) For my glitchfest TAS :p

D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »

No, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVfwzxUPTI that
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »

Oh sorry, I misread you. I have no problem doing neither the superslide nor the teleport with a damage source (other than it might take a while :p). It's the Megaflip over the gap in shadow I can't/couldn't work out...

But yeye, I guess I'll just figure out something else fun to do in the graveyard/kakariko, I need to get the bottle anyways :p.

markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »

Ugh, I tried for about an hour last night to no avail. :/ it wouldn't be a problem if I could get that last silver rupee, but I never have enough bombs at that point to pull off a staircase hover to get up. And bombchu hovering is a no go for me. Any tips on button setups/timing for bombchu hovering? I'm playing the GC version, I have slingshot on c left and bombchus on c right. Also, for a staircase hover, where should I place the bombs? Im setting one down against the wall, balkwalking, setting another, walking forward past the first bomb, and backflipping twice. I always get hurt by the second bomb or backflip too soon to stick the hover.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »

For slingshot hover with chus, make sure you're releasing the seed before taking out the chu.  It should be: load slingshot, backflip, release seed, press bombchu button, press R.

For staircase hoverm the easiest method is to line up with the wall you'll be hovering against with Z, place a bomb, sidehop and place another bomb, then place yourself about in the middle of the 2 bombs (doesnt have to be very precise), then backflip when the first one explodes, then backflip again and the 2nd one should explode.  Here's a demonstration of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQW2zxCx90g

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »

I was just editing thundrios glitchlist and wanted to be shure of something.

When Link clips using the ladder in this video, what is it called and could it be done anywhere?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR6lfDSbQyU

I want to call it "Ladderclipping" or something but idk :p.

Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »

Is getting ISG a good idea for beating twinrova's 2nd stage? My crouch stabs don't seem to be fast/ good enough Tongue

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »

That would probably work but it is very easy to single cycle Twinrova every time without isg. When you hit here with the fire/ice, jump off the platform and press b midair to jumpslash her while she's falling. Then mash b to get the first crouch stab and time the crouch stabs so you stab her when her arm goes down and touches the floor after being hit. There is plenty of room for error this way.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: