ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:39:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930302 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #270 on: June 28, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »

I'm having great difficulty in the forest temple, I'm trying to do the jump here.

It's the one where you ground jump onto the block and then have to hover walk (well, roll) around the corner and make it to the ledge on the other side. I've tried it a good few times this morning and I can never seem to get the distance. Has anyone got any little tricks that help with this jump? It's really bugging me!
When you climb up on the block, go into C-Up and put the B button a little to the right of the corner of the wall like in the video.  Go forward, and a bit before going off the block start the first roll.  When you're coming up from the roll, press up-left to change the angle and quickly start the 2nd roll, and you should make it.  Once you know what to do its an extremely easy trick.

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how the Navi dive Forest Escape alters the route for any%? Does it mean the Ocarina can now be completely skipped?
Yes, it does change the route quite a bit.  The new route does navi dive, buys a bean in ZR, go to ZD, get silver scale, dive to LH and get rutos letter, plant the magic bean near the lab, back to ZD, move king zora and go down ZR to the castle.  This skips ocarina as you said, as well as hookshot for adult.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:04:42 PM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Link99
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #271 on: June 28, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »

When you climb up on the block, go into C-Up and put the B button a little to the right of the corner of the wall like in the video.  Go forward, and a bit before going off the block start the first roll.  When you're coming up from the roll, press up-left to change the angle and quickly start the 2nd roll, and you should make it.  Once you know what to do its an extremely easy trick.

Thank you very much, I'll practice those steps this evening!
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2011, 02:36:25 AM »

My best time is 4 hours 10 minutes without RBA. I'm trying to cut that time down now by implementing the door of time skip. But I keep getting killed by trying to get that blasted sideways roll to the left. Is there anything someone can mention for finding the right spot on the control stick quickly each time?
Even the times I have managed to get it right have always failed, but I'll worry about jumpslash timing later once I can get that roll down.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2011, 04:01:24 AM »

My best time is 4 hours 10 minutes without RBA. I'm trying to cut that time down now by implementing the door of time skip. But I keep getting killed by trying to get that blasted sideways roll to the left. Is there anything someone can mention for finding the right spot on the control stick quickly each time?
Even the times I have managed to get it right have always failed, but I'll worry about jumpslash timing later once I can get that roll down.

The Sideroll Sidejump clip? I haven't quite mastered DoT skip to the point where I can consistently clip, but I've done it a few times. The sideroll is really easy, you just hold back til the action button is just about to flip over to jump, then just barely tilt it to the left. Then when you're rolling, hold the joystick all the way down into the bottom left groove and mash A to sidejump. You should clip pretty easily, assuming you have the proper angle.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
lovage
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #274 on: July 04, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »

as a child. is sidehopping up stairs faster than backwalking up them? i learned that sidehopping is faster than backwalking on flat ground as  a child, so i'm trying to cram as many sidehops in my movement as i can in my child dungeons run.
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »

as a child. is sidehopping up stairs faster than backwalking up them? i learned that sidehopping is faster than backwalking on flat ground as  a child, so i'm trying to cram as many sidehops in my movement as i can in my child dungeons run.

I'm fairly sure that sidehopping up and down slopes is the fastest way of going up and down slopes besides supersliding as adult and child

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

Okay so I'm fairly new, and I was wondering, the Navi Dive escape, how exactly is it done? I can't do it, but it looks so simple.

EDIT: Well I feel dumb, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:06:27 PM by Smith » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2011, 01:29:12 AM »

Okay so I'm fairly new, and I was wondering, the Navi Dive escape, how exactly is it done? I can't do it, but it looks so simple.

EDIT: Well I feel dumb, I figured it out.
The easiest setup is to jump to the gray box from the bank of the pond to grab the ledge. Make sure your sword is put away and wait for Navi to appear. Press b twice and then talk to Navi. This also puts you the closest to the loading zone.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2011, 03:25:12 AM »

The easiest setup is to jump to the gray box from the bank of the pond to grab the ledge. Make sure your sword is put away and wait for Navi to appear. Press b twice and then talk to Navi. This also puts you the closest to the loading zone.

Thank you.
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Pokey Escape - a lot of the time I do it I glitch into the chap but once the text is over I fall back out on the wrong side, so I have to do it again. Does anyone know what causes this to happen?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »

You're probably just a few pixels out away from the guard.  Make sure you're as close as possible to him and make sure you don't move while turning right.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »

Ah I see, it's very possible I move a little bit when I pivot right. Thanks for the tip!
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2011, 08:25:38 PM »

So I've watched the tutorial on Bombchu's early in Bottom of the Well and everything, and I can make it all the way to the skulltula part where I need to vine clip, but I can't vine clip, I can't get an understanding on how to do it. Can anybody give me some other tops on how to do it?   Lips sealed because I'm just not getting it
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXQmvstRP3I&feature=related

This is the most consistent/ easy way that i have seen

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:17 AM »

I'm having trouble with a Crouch Stab WESS Forest Escape. I don't know how to keep the WESS going. I hold Z, and I stop. I don't, and I stop. I continue holding R the whole time, is that the problem? The frame I exit the water I stop moving.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: