ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242678 times)
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #720 on: August 04, 2013, 09:01:48 AM »

Awesome find! Is there anything cool you can do with this?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #721 on: August 05, 2013, 06:50:47 AM »

Posted this on the Q/A thread by mistake...

I figured out why no cutscene will play after certain types of wrong warps (Deku Tree Ganondoor for example).

The game expects two signed 32 bit integers at the start of every cutscene, one representing the number of "commands" that make up the cutscene, the other representing the number of frames (though the actual runtime for a cutscene can be shorter than this). If either number is negative, then no cutscene plays.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
BMC
Deku Scrub

« Reply #722 on: August 16, 2013, 07:26:31 PM »

Found a way to get a little further for GTG chus on a fresh file.

In the second room on the left path is a five silver rupee puzzle. four are easily gotten, the fifth requires the hookshot to get. If you position yourself just under it and wait, the wallmaster in the room will grab you and bring you up to the rupee, returning to the room should have the door unlocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdmS4lWXO4

Still need to find a way to get past the flame barriers as child link.

Got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1GFnQKxH4&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:20:15 PM by BMC » Logged
natalyahasdied
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #723 on: August 19, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »

you can do it with a sidehop at the right angle, it's pretty easy

it's pretty cool that you can do this
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #724 on: August 20, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »

So... who wants to pull off that wolfos hover... or some sort of Silver Block skip... or something.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:26:00 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #725 on: August 23, 2013, 07:56:20 PM »

I came up with this dumb theory.

After you skip a medallion/stone cutscene, there's a brief period of time where loading zones are disabled. One thing that you can do is stand where the exit to the dungeon is and pull up a Farore's Wind menu, and then after a second or two the loading zone will activate with the FW menu on the screen. Then there's the spirit temple, where the Requiem cutscene plays after you leave the first time. I was thinking that you could skip the Spirit Medallion CS, quickly pull up FW where the loading zone is, and warp away at the right time to possibly cause a wrong warp or CS skip or something.

I've tried this a few times, but whenever I did it, it either played the cutscene or took me to the warp point (with no Requiem in inventory, so no CS skip either), so maybe one takes priority. However, I tried it once in the shadow temple (which has no cutscene outside, but I wanted to try it anyway) and it crashed the game with some weird rainbow static screen that I've never seen before, so there's still a possibility that I'm warping away too late or early, if anyone has any ideas.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #726 on: August 24, 2013, 12:03:41 AM »

I tried this with the Shadow Temple as you did but used frame advance to check when I was warping with FW. I got it to crash too, but I didn't find anything interesting, aside from the fact that when it crashed my entrance had successfully changed to 0x0205, which is Shadow Temple -> Graveyard.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #727 on: August 24, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »

Do you think anything would happen if you warped on that same frame when doing it in the Spirit Temple? I guess it would come down to whether or not the Requiem CS loads the same way as kokiri emerald/goron ruby/fire medallion cutscenes, which I know absolutely nothing about. Doing this on console without frame advance and having to fight Twinrova over and over again is loads of fun. Tongue
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #728 on: August 24, 2013, 01:09:59 AM »

I'll check it out  Smiley

EDIT: Spirit crashed as well :/

Too bad we couldn't get the insta-warp-song effect from time stop here, would be interesting to test the Ocarina (although I see no reason why it wouldn't crash just like FW)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:26:41 AM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #729 on: August 24, 2013, 02:09:57 AM »

Thanks for testing it. The only other thing I can think of is trying a different FW point, but I doubt that would do anything. Sad

Also, you can probably get Saria's Song storage with this, lol.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #730 on: August 24, 2013, 03:54:28 AM »

I'm a bit confused on how this trick works. Are you death "wrong warping" to the dungeon entrance with FW stored at some point?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #731 on: August 24, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »

I'm a bit confused on how this trick works. Are you death "wrong warping" to the dungeon entrance with FW stored at some point?

Pretty sure it works with regular blue warp CS skips too, not just wrong warps, doesn't it?
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #732 on: August 24, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »

Yeah, you put a FW point somewhere in the dungeon, then skip the medallion CS by dying after doing OI on the blue warp, then you'll be sent back to the entrance and loading zones will be disabled for a few seconds. Then you stand where the loading zone is and pull up FW menu, and warp away as the loading zone activates.

You can also do this with other items like the ocarina or a fish. The loading zone will activate once the white flash from the wrong warp/CS skip has completely disappeared. I wanted to see what would happen if you used FW to warp away as the Requiem CS started outside the Spirit Temple.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:14:21 PM by GJ2323 » Logged
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #733 on: August 25, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »

the game won't crash that way if you set farore's wind outside a dungeon, but unfortunately the game won't give you requiem this way. the only thing that happens is it takes the coordinates of the fw point and spawns you in desert colossus with those coordinates, and even a set of coordinates that lands you in bounds won't do anything special. if you re-enter the temple from there and exit the requiem cutscene will start as normal
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #734 on: August 25, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »

the game won't crash that way if you set farore's wind outside a dungeon, but unfortunately the game won't give you requiem this way. the only thing that happens is it takes the coordinates of the fw point and spawns you in desert colossus with those coordinates, and even a set of coordinates that lands you in bounds won't do anything special. if you re-enter the temple from there and exit the requiem cutscene will start as normal

So it's basically this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIcm6z83CKE&t=0m50s
Except instead of using a gerudo guard zone it uses a loading zone that appears on top of you? What if you like, did Fire -> Tower Collapse WW and then used FW inside the loading zone behind you? Could you teleport to a lower level outside the tower that way? (not that it matters since you could just do void warp anyway)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: