ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 01:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1251170 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10:23 PM »

I don't understand it either.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #631 on: September 12, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

So, does this mean that if you missed the double kill on gohma and you have to savewarp, you can just go to link's house, pause, then do ganondoor?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »

I'm lost. What did sva do? Pause the game after savewarping then did a wrong warp of some kind?
If your last cutscene was the title screen and you pause the game in gohmas room, the wrong warp will work as adult.  I actually discovered this on accident a while ago too when I was starting 100%, messed up the route and did the WW after a savewarp and it still worked.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »

What about as a child, then?  Would backtracking to link's house and then WWing work?  Or pausing in gohma's room?  I'm more interested in the child ganondoor.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #634 on: September 13, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »

...you can do the same as a child by backtracking to Link's house and pressing start there.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #635 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »

Someone figured out how to put Kokiri Sword as an adult on B by playing one of the minigames, then attempting to put one of the "minigame" items on B.

It works like this: When you play a minigame or ride Epona, your B item is pushed into a temp B slot (8011B9B2 on 1.0). This value remains until you dim the B button, or die.

Something interesting about Kiddy Capers. While in this state, you can't steal the rod and convert it into a stick like you would normally do, because the temp slot changes to FF (Empty Item) whenever the B button dims. You can get a stick on B by starting the Bombchu Bowling alley or Shooting Gallery, leaving, jumping into the river in front of castle town, and starting another game of Bombchu Bowling or Shooting Gallery before finally pausing the game. It seems almost as if that these minigames check for a Sword item that may already exists in the temp B slot before overwriting them. 

Another thing I noticed was that it was possible to get a copy of Sling/Chus/Fishing rod into the temp B slot, allowing you to pause the game without them disappearing from B. This makes it possible to save the game with them on B, but loading the file will blank the B button. Perhaps there is some way to manipulate this between files...

To push Sling or Chus into the temp B slot, perform Kiddy Capers to put Sling/Chus on B, then steal the fishing rod. To put the fishing rod on the temp B slot, just reverse the process. If you can get from the Fishing Pond to the Temple of Time (not sure if c buttons are disabled), you should be able to get to ToT and put Sling/Chus on B with the RBA setup up top.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #636 on: September 15, 2012, 03:30:06 AM »

Oh man...

Exodus discovered that if you perform collection delay when you would normally get the Eyeball Frog, you'll get the Zora Tunic instead.

Simply pull a bomb to activate Collection Delay, turn around, and throw the bomb to end it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1mEtmAUGPs

Edit: Did a little testing with other items...
You can get the collection delay with the Hookshot by aiming down towards the floor before cancelling with A to collect. Also you can show the prescription again to get the tunic as well.

However, both methods disable King Zora's speak option, so you'll have to reload him to get the Eyeball Frog again.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:49:51 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #637 on: September 15, 2012, 06:46:24 AM »

Oh man...

Exodus discovered that if you perform collection delay when you would normally get the Eyeball Frog, you'll get the Zora Tunic instead.

Simply pull a bomb to activate Collection Delay, turn around, and throw the bomb to end it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1mEtmAUGPs

Edit: Did a little testing with other items...
You can get the collection delay with the Hookshot by aiming down towards the floor before cancelling with A to collect. Also you can show the prescription again to get the tunic as well.

However, both methods disable King Zora's speak option, so you'll have to reload him to get the Eyeball Frog again.
The normal collection delay (with a bomb) doesn't disable his speak option as long as you don't get too far away from him.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #638 on: September 27, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »

Sockfolder discovered that the cutscene pointer value for meeting the three "Meeting the Great Deku Tree" dialogs change depending on where you enter the scene, and that it's affected by reloading the Great Deku Tree map multiple times.

I played around with this and so far I've been able to get different cutscene pointers from pulling/setting the Master Sword. I was able to change the cutscene pointer by dropping the fish while the Master Sword chamber wasn't loaded, then stepping in while the fish was still flopping around

pull
801F3C50 <- From ToT exterior, dot skipping, pulling
801EF870 <- Immediately after dropping
801EF6B0 <- Fish

drop
801F4100 <- From ToT exterior, dot skipping droping
801EFD20 <- Immediately after pulling
801EFB60 <- Fish
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:38:35 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #639 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »

"Adult" Wrong Warping

Probably impossible to encounter in the game proper, but with certain impossible entrance index values, you can wrong warp as adult link.

For example, 007D is Adult Night for Castle Courtyard as a child, but it takes you to Lot's of Pots as an adult, as there is a +2 modifier to the entrance index value

Braid
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #640 on: October 23, 2012, 04:44:28 AM »

I don't quite understand, sorry. Doesn't Adult Link have even more WW options because of Farore's Wind?

EDIT: I found a frame buffered BOTW vine clip that works better for me than the others. Check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/kimimaru4000/b/338035493
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:21:02 AM by Kimimaru » Logged
Xana_anaX
Deku Scrub

« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:39 AM »

Bufferless Vine Clip- http://www.twitch.tv/xana_anax/c/1727351

Basically, if you pull out your sword before grabbing back onto the vines, you get more than 1 frame to clip through. the only hard part is timing the initial drop- too early, you won't clip, too late, the skulltula won't spin. I originally found this trying to clip off the GS in deku b1.

Fire Wrong Warp with 4-7 seconds remaining - discovered by PoodleSkirt - http://www.twitch.tv/xana_anax/c/1734241

set up for clip for mito skip (not the skip itself) - http://www.twitch.tv/xana_anax/c/1734237

two sidehops, neutral roll, three sidehops, two jumpslashes, untarget and hold right. At least its a clip, now if only mito skip were consistent...

now this is useless, but for anyone who wonders what volvagia looks like underground - http://www.twitch.tv/xana_anax/c/1734123

Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #642 on: December 08, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »

Found something pretty neat.

Basically when you unload rooms using big sliding doors and cutscenes (such as unloading DC main room), if you open the door at the right time, you will be inside the door frame but the door will still be up. Since you are inside the door and between areas, you can create your own last entrance point. Depending on what direction and speed you leave this doorframe, link's entrance red arrow will be in the direction and location of you when you left the door frame. So you can have your last entrance from that door to be in any direction from that door and the same spot you were when the door closed. If you fall out of bounds (I used the ladder nearby to fall oob) you will respawn at that new red arrow in that direction.

Now that sounds completely pointless right? Well it turns out link can walk through ANYTHING during this entrance walking animation. That's right, you can walk through solid walls, doors, you name it. Now the only problem is this animation is very short (1-2 seconds) so you can only walk through things very close to the door. So that's how to walk through solid walls in OoT lol. Seems to be extremely limited because I think it only works in spots where you can do actor glitch and with big sliding doors (I can only think of DC and Spirit).

video: http://youtu.be/TnoX6af1sPk

EDIT: Here are two cool uses for it:
New Spirit boss Key Skip - http://youtu.be/27k7znvHYzs (without nayru's love: http://youtu.be/6B-aNC3RoGw)
DC Longshot Shortcut - http://youtu.be/-16a9gZfjXI
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:29:35 PM by Exodus122 » Logged

DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #643 on: December 09, 2012, 06:08:20 AM »

This glitch has accidentally happened to a few people (including me) when doing spirit actor glitch, and then falling off the statue, so you clip oob with the armos as a backup to respawn up top, which this happens and you walk out of bounds and are screwed xD. It's funny it hasn't been looked into more until now.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #644 on: December 09, 2012, 10:30:16 AM »

Wow, that's pretty cool! I hope we can find some more uses for it.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: