ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242079 times)
Ucansayperdy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:39 PM »

Can you set a warp point in Beta Jabu? Then try porting there normally.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #526 on: February 23, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »

If you use a FW there then you'll teleport back to the tent. I've been trying to get into jabu but I havn't been able to. Also, it seems like the normal child jabu still is there but is invisible. At least I think I bumped into him...

Btw don't touch the pedestal nor walk past it because you'll either crash or fall into the water (which results in a crash). You can't climb up the fence, you can't go too near the tree stump, the right wall (when looking away) isn't solid and don't look at Jabu.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:47:36 AM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #527 on: February 23, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

You can't set a warp point to Beta Jabu because of Reverse Wrong Warping. When you wrong warp, you are still warping with the same scene entrance pointer as if you were just casting Farore's Wind normally. The difference is that cutscene mode silently changes which entrance you really end up in without physically changing the scene entrance pointer.

This gives me a few new theories and questions.

If you death warp from DT->DC, and then go through a door and cast Farore’s Wind, Farore’s wind should take you back to DT, but with the cords of the door you opened in DC. If you respawn in DC, but still have the scene entrance value for DT stored at the top of the SRAM data, is it possible that DT’s scene flags are loaded even though you’re in DC? Is it possible to overwrite DC’s scene flags with DT’s?

Farore's Wind I almost can garantee transfers temporary scene flags when you teleport. I wonder if this can be exploited? This would probably have a bigger impact on Master Quest as there are more "Ocarina Block" puzzles.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2012, 07:47:32 AM »

here's "my" setup for the Water Cutscene skip. I've gotten it a few times in a row using this. I got the general idea from watching pheenoh so most of the credit should go to him.
when you do the sidehop-turn right, sidehop sidehop turn roll backflip(OI) i match up the center of links head with the top-right side of the darkened in T shape that forms the bricks above his head before doing the first sidehop.
Once you have OI and the camera goes back to normal:

first frame sword and shield completely separate buffer bomb + target
first frame bomb is visible hold forward
when bomb is completely blue after the second red flash let go until frame after its fully red again
buffer  right 1 frame to turn in place
buffer target 1 frame, second frame of camera rotation hold forward
dont save, continue
respawn in water temple entrance w/ a nice white flash Smiley

http://youtu.be/Q1gpIzvcZGg
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:00:55 AM by DLH112 » Logged
SassyCassie17
Deku Scrub

« Reply #529 on: February 25, 2012, 07:40:04 AM »

I recently saw the teleport to the credits and all I can say is... Wow!

You guys are doing excellent with these discoveries and I have been inspired to play again. Keep up the great work Smiley!
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #530 on: February 25, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »

This is what happens when you try warp to beta jabu area on n64:
http://youtu.be/kil9dYLgqqY

Read despriction for more information about that area what I found out on emulator! And somebody need to make video of this on gamecube! Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Samura1man
Regular Guay

« Reply #531 on: February 25, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »

There you go Kazooie!
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #532 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »

Thanks samura1one! Here is botw as a adult:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMn3SVOMaxQ&feature=youtu.be

EDIT:
Two other videos about WW glitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANqkHWlQHg&context=C3d559fbADOEgsToPDskJvTBg7J9KbUuMAg9FCemj6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxwrBcFrqog&context=C3d559fbADOEgsToPDskJvTBg7J9KbUuMAg9FCemj6
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:38:43 PM by Kazooie » Logged

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #533 on: February 26, 2012, 04:25:44 AM »

New Deku Tree "Boss" Door skip via wrong map warp

Zombie Walking
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:06:47 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #534 on: February 26, 2012, 08:58:05 PM »

I don't know if this is old but as I haven't ever heard about it, I'll share it anyways.

I found that it is possible to get a Forward Z-slide from running. I don't think you can get any sort of back-walk speed or side-hop speed Z-slide with nothing to preserve or give link speed (water or damage/recoil, respectively), but it might be possible if you start with shorter button press intervals or something. I have two m64's but I am unable to put them up at the moment, mainly because I can't get Mupen to capture video footage with its AVI recording utility and I don't have an account to a file sharing service... (I don't even have a Youtube account, which I really need to fix...)

On another note, Cutscene Wrong Warping looks like it's underlying reasons for what it does are going to be about as complicated as RBA and BA. Which seems fitting when all three are so far among the most screwed-up glitches in terms of results. BA gives you wacky items, RBA messes up your inventory, and Cutscene WW can teleport Link to really weird places. I'm having trouble imagining what another glitch of such kind would do differently, another such glitch even exists. That glitch is just insane.

I think Mr. Grunz said that skipping Zora Mask or any temple in Majora's Mask would be about as likely as skipping Light Arrows in OoT. Back when he said that, it would have been a totally reasonable statement. Seeing what has just recently happened, however, puts the subject into a rather different perspective......... (But I'm sure that discussion might be best appreciated on the MM forums)

SOLD OUT
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #535 on: February 26, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »

I don't think you can get any sort of back-walk speed or side-hop speed Z-slide with nothing to preserve or give link speed (water or damage/recoil, respectively),
You can and Bloob used it in his any%. Wink

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
CF23
Deku Scrub

« Reply #536 on: March 03, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »

A quick way of entering Deku Tree as adult if you're coming from Lost Woods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2mhjzUHTU4

This should save some time in the current CS skips MST route.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »

Dom dood, nice find.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #538 on: March 13, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »

Ok, this isn't a trick, but it really irks me that no one else has realized it and I want to get it out there. So, sue me.

Anyhow, after getting version 1.1 for N64, the first thing I did was go to the Fire Temple to hear the Islamic chanting song. It turns out that the Version Differences page is wrong. The second version of the Fire Temple song is NOT a remix of the Shadow Temple. If whoever wrote the page actually listened to both songs as I did, they would have found that it was... THE FIRE TEMPLE SONG. The percussion for both versions is exactly the same and I do not know how the hell anybody could have made such a mistake. After establishing this fact, I found out two more things about the song.

1: What the page writer calls 'Gregorian-style moans' go to the same tune as the first chant. They also follow the same pattern: fade in, crescendo, fade out. Also, the 'ghostly female voices' replace the second chant, also following the same general tune as the chant it replaces. Considering how lazy we all know Nintendo is about editing, I don't know why anyone would think they would make an ENTIRELY NEW SONG for the Fire Temple.

2: The second thing I found (although this may not be true) is that both chants seem to be gibberish, with one real word. I have tried substituting the three verses that people say are in the song with both chants and none of them sound like what I heard in the actual song. The reason I believe this is because the first chant repeats until the fadeout, in which the one one real word, which I believe is 'Allaho.' Also, remember that this music was made with a computer. I don't know much about synthesizers, but I would think that making words, and getting the computer to pronounce them right, would be very difficult. Althougn these chants seem to be wordless (I can't really tell with the second chant because it overlaps with the first) they do still sound quite stereotypical and were, as stated in the version differences page, probably removed due to possible racism.

Personally, I believe that the Muslim features in the game point towards a possibility that Hyrule's religion (which I like to call 'the Trinity') and culture is reminiscent of the Muslim religion and culture, but we'll never know for sure, since Nintendo never really does provide us with much besides the history of the Triforce.

Sorry for text wall... Tongue Just had to get that out. Someone please update the V.D. page with the info from point 1. I can't test the second point as I have had gaming priveleges taken away for awhile... Sad

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #539 on: March 13, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »

You said you are using V1.1, which does have the original Fire Temple music. The versions page says that for V1.2 the fire temple music was changed to a shadow temple remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmeU2ilbJg&feature=related

That video has both so you can compare.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: