ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:05:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: N00b question  (Read 6916 times)
DcWHaT
Deku Scrub

« on: March 14, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »

Hey all Zelda runners !!! I have been obsessed with oot since I was a kid and I been watching Cosmo and ZFG (the oot god) I was wondering can u explain how he does his HESS I know it's dry roll in to multiply frames of damage and hold ess with shield and target but what frames do I do this on? The roll and the Z and R? Thank u so much !!
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:11 AM »

Try this thread: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=26.840

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
DcWHaT
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 03:52:08 AM »

I still didn't see u can u tell meV jbob??
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 06:10:23 PM »

shield drop the bomb, roll backflip, hold Z and R and wait for the big blue (2frames before the explosion) roll and hold ess (release shield), then wait for the frame where Link is "standing" in the explosion and hold press R again.
Sveet
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »

I was under the impression you had to release Z as well as R after rolling, and had repress both again at the end. Is that not the case?
DcWHaT
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »

Thank u for being specific!! I thought u released z and r while rolling. Then when ur enfolffed in the flame. Is it the same frame as the weird shot? When u press's and r?
DcWHaT
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »

ok so i was messing around with it, here what i got.
1) pull bomb
2) shield bomb
3) dry roll
4) backflip release R (shield)
(which still holding Z mainly for the dry roll keep holding only Z)
5) now wait for big blue frame which is 2nd to last frame before explosion, now press "A" to roll in to the bomb, and release Z so now your holding nothing and you are rolling into a bomb explosion.
(hold ESS position you want up down left right)
6) Now waiting for the frame where your inside the bomb explosion with links head is exposed that when you wanna pause and hold Z and R with the ESS position already held. If you dont hold the ESS it willl send u back instead. So now that your at your frame you want make sure you are holding Z+R and ESS "Left" (any direction u want).

The only question i have is my HESS stops after a few feet any idea??? Also do i release R after i start my HESS?? thank you.
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 11:23:55 PM »

If your HESS stoped, this might be because you didn't held ess position correctly, the only thing you have to hold is Z and ess position, shielding doesn't matter after the explosion

About the weirdshot: the glitch is very different, it also depends if you pause buffer it or not
DcWHaT
Deku Scrub

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 01:27:46 AM »

If your HESS stoped, this might be because you didn't held ess position correctly, the only thing you have to hold is Z and ess position, shielding doesn't matter after the explosion

About the weirdshot: the glitch is very different, it also depends if you pause buffer it or not

yeah i agree i more than likely dropped my ESS but im not sure what frame to hold Z and R on, can someone upload a picture??ldIn this picture is this when i press Z and R, with ESS being he;
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: