ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:57:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 928597 times)
Rapidice
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #840 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:01 PM »

i don't think there is differences between the art on 1.0 and the other Japanese versions, but, all the things that they changes on 1.0 have been changed on every versions (PAL, JP, etc)
I just mean that there is no gold japanese cart, and there is no "not for resale" one either. Which means that the only way to tell would be to look on the back of the cart I guess? :/
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #841 on: July 23, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »

Or ask to the seller if he can put some screenshots of the games (More likely the deku tree because in 1.0, the big block in floor B1 have a graphic differences)
Fenyan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #842 on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »

Or ask to the seller if he can put some screenshots of the games (More likely the deku tree because in 1.0, the big block in floor B1 have a graphic differences)

If I interpret the "Version Differences" article on ZSR correctly, the block graphics have not been changed for N64 1.2, only for GC/VC.

I bought a japanese N64 cart a few weeks ago. I messaged the seller (it was an eBay auction though), asking him to check the back of the cart and tell me what the punch-code said. He replied within a few days and told me the code. You could try that and hope for your seller to not be too lazy to answer.
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #843 on: July 24, 2014, 04:17:11 PM »

but every sellers on ebay are to lazy to reply Kappa
Qinaru
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #844 on: August 12, 2014, 01:45:01 PM »

Hi, Im a new speedrunner and want to learn All Dungeons. I play on project64 1.7 at the moment to learn the strats but switch to VC later. Im currently at the gerudo training grounds after WW and failing at the weird shot. Can someone explain to me how this works unbuffered? I can only find a buffered tutorial for this. Thanks Smiley
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #845 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIuS9pa82Q
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #846 on: August 15, 2014, 02:45:31 AM »

Maybe this is a bad place for this, but if you guys here don't know me, I run the 3D version of this game a lot. Thing is, botw chus early would save a lot of time, and we have been searching for a long time. This is a bit of a stretch, but I was wondering if I could have some help from this community to find a new method for botw chus. Obviously the games are very different but they share many things so perhaps a new method that works on n64 could work on 3DS. Basically no vine clipping or isg can be used, and we'd be limited to anything that can be gotten without bombs

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Xenoda
Deku Scrub

« Reply #847 on: September 03, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »

Hi, i've been trying to learn ganonless as of recently and i've been able to start getting consistant at all the tricks other than the final wrong warp to the credits. No matter how many different set-ups I try, or adjust the timing on it, I still can't get the warp to actually take me to the credits.

I get ocarina items set up right, and normally the time remaining left on the clock is 7-8 seconds at the star of the crystals appearance. When the screen fades out I do get the message saying "Oh no, your item has expired." and it looks perfect like it would work. But, it either takes me to fire temple outside, or king zora's room.

Is there a version this wrong warp doesn't work on or something? I'm running 1.1 JPN, and no matter what I do or what set up I do (tunic, or just normal back flip), it doesn't work, even though I followed the route on zelda speedruns exactly. Am I missing something, or?
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #848 on: September 03, 2014, 07:14:03 AM »

It works on 1.1, that's what I run on (at the moment)

You have to die from the heat timer in volvagias room for one. But that doesn't sound like the problem. You are switching from red to green right? and Timer is at 00:01? If so it seems you are just timing the equip to red tunic wrong. I followed ZFG's wr video to learn the route, it's almost impossible to mess up the credits warp with the method shown. You can find his 37:32 on YouTube.
===================================================

Anyway, I'm having issues with shadow BK skip (makarons method). I seem to follow everything correctly, but I rarely get the correct frame for ledge grab (if I do, it's too late). When I unbuffer the roll, Link is more likely to hit this frame, which makes no logical sense to me. Unless this means the chu moves even if you don't buffer a frame, but it doesn't seem like that would ever be the case. With my own method for the roll (the trick ends up frame perfect) I get it about 40%, but its clearly more difficult and not worth doing over something that apparently has 3 frames and involves holding only left. Even though I hold directly left, the results are inconsistent and completely random. Clearly there is a subtltie to this trick that I'm missing but I can't figure out what it is. That, or my N64 controllers cannot go left properly (they never could for MST ganondoor but I'm buffering the left input so there should be no issue here)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:17:04 AM by Valientlink » Logged

Signature
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #849 on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »

Hi, i've been trying to learn ganonless as of recently and i've been able to start getting consistant at all the tricks other than the final wrong warp to the credits. No matter how many different set-ups I try, or adjust the timing on it, I still can't get the warp to actually take me to the credits.

I get ocarina items set up right, and normally the time remaining left on the clock is 7-8 seconds at the star of the crystals appearance. When the screen fades out I do get the message saying "Oh no, your item has expired." and it looks perfect like it would work. But, it either takes me to fire temple outside, or king zora's room.

Is there a version this wrong warp doesn't work on or something? I'm running 1.1 JPN, and no matter what I do or what set up I do (tunic, or just normal back flip), it doesn't work, even though I followed the route on zelda speedruns exactly. Am I missing something, or?

1.1 works fine for that ww. The only reason the route is "1.0/1.1 only" is because getting EB frog would be slower on 1.2 but that ww works on all versions of the game. If you're doing the 7-8 second method to set up the warp, you need to make sure that after you cancel OI. you don't touch any buttons. B to cancel should be your last input. And, you know, make sure you have the fire tunic equipped.

Also there's no reason why you need to die to volvagia unless your time is running low
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #850 on: September 03, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »

NVM my issue with shadow bk skip. Figured it all out, was crouch stabbing the door too fast lol

Signature
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #851 on: September 04, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »

There is some seriously unexplainable shit happening in the room pre-bongo when I try to do shadow BK skip sometimes. Randomly, I don't know why, when I go to backwalk off the ledge at 3rd black flash, the chu will explode when it gets to the edge of the platform instead of do what is intended and loop around to the other side thus boosting me into the loading zone. I don't know why it happens, it is 100% random.

At first, it was exclusively happening when I was 1 frame later than 3rd black. Now, it is happening regardless of the frame, and the entire other side will make the chus explode. If I simply drop a chu with my shield, it goes down the wall. But if I backwalk off the platform to drop it, the chu will explode. I'm afraid that this will happen in a run and fuck me over, I have no logical explanation as to why this happens. Using 1.1 N64. When this happens, I have to void out to fix it. Literally makes no sense at all

Signature
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #852 on: September 04, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »

There is some seriously unexplainable shit happening in the room pre-bongo when I try to do shadow BK skip sometimes. Randomly, I don't know why, when I go to backwalk off the ledge at 3rd black flash, the chu will explode when it gets to the edge of the platform instead of do what is intended and loop around to the other side thus boosting me into the loading zone. I don't know why it happens, it is 100% random.

At first, it was exclusively happening when I was 1 frame later than 3rd black. Now, it is happening regardless of the frame, and the entire other side will make the chus explode. If I simply drop a chu with my shield, it goes down the wall. But if I backwalk off the platform to drop it, the chu will explode. I'm afraid that this will happen in a run and fuck me over, I have no logical explanation as to why this happens. Using 1.1 N64. When this happens, I have to void out to fix it. Literally makes no sense at all

The reason this happens is actually the same reason the chu bounces along the edge at all. A chu's collision goes haywire when link is hanging on a ledge for some reason. You can send a chu straight through a wall using this, and unless you aim at certain points on the platform, the chu will explode when it reaches the edge isntead of bouncing and balancing around the edge. It's some weird thing Fox found a little while ago called "twisted bombchu" i guess. While hanging, the chu appears to be moving on its side.
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #853 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

Thats ridiculously weird. Why does this seemingly happen at random though? Like, it's definitely not how I'm backing off the ledge because I do it the same every time.

Signature
artucino
Deku Scrub

« Reply #854 on: September 06, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »

Hi guys,

new to the forum (and speedrunning as well for that matter). Here's a glitch I came across the other day:

First off I'm sorry if this has been discovered or discussed already, but I just thought I'd share:
I start out running the current any% route and I wrong warp to Ganon's castle as child Link. I meet up with Zelda at the top of the tower, cutscene and Tower collapse starts. I save the game, reset and I'm suddenly inside the room you enter after you've finished all the trials (barrier room). This was the game's way of telling me I had to go upstairs and finish off Ganondorf I thought to myself (although I'm not actually able to do so considering I don't have a light arrow, or even a bow for that matter. Bottle ping-pong works though Grin).
Anyway, I exit the trial room and the castle which places me outside of Hyrule Castle! I guess the game probably checks to see if you're not an adult, and the area must be locked from young Link so instead we get Hyrule Castle (as oppose to Ganondorf's). The boxes next to Talon outside aren't pushed, yet I can still enter the guard maze room. I intentionally get kicked out of the maze room by the guards to see what happens and I'm outside of the castle again, but now the boxes are suddenly pushed! Even Malon's still sleeping outside!

I know this might sound really fuzzy, so I decided to record it. Please excuse the bad movements and the lack of fps:
http://www.twitch.tv/artucino/c/5068729

(Emulator run)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59
  Print  

Jump to: