ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:02:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173555 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2015, 02:09:07 AM »

Oh, I misread the post. I don't know if there's another method or not.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2015, 02:16:59 AM »

You don't need 1st Day for 4th Day, so you don't have to restart the cycle after parking her.

Edit: Pastebin for WW setup here. It's explaining Gyorg WW, but do 10 of the steps then clip into Milk Bar and wait for the transition. Why the WW didn't happen for you with the transition was because you were in regular 4th Day (working like it does on N64) that doesn't give it. You have to time when to catch HSW, which is around the 2:10 minute mark and you start timing with a stopwatch the moment you open the game from the home menu. I don't know if the 2:10 minute mark has been changed by now or not.
That link doesn't take me anywhere, it just gives me a blank page.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2015, 02:31:22 AM »

Fixed the link.
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2015, 03:12:42 AM »

Someone has a good setup for snowhead temple BK skip? The clip is soo hard it's ridiculous.  Roll Eyes

BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »

Okay, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I forgot to catch spring water in Gibdo bottle a second time to make time go crazy. So now I'm just curious about where in the route we are going to get Epona. I'm guessing something along the lines of:

Leave Woodfall after Bow
Snowhead
Powder Keg
Gyorg Warp
SoT
Finish Woodfall(collect rupees)
Buy Powder Keg
Epona
Park Epona
SoS to MV
4th Day
Milk Bar Clip
STT
Majora

That's just a rough guess on how the current route may go. It may be different than this depending on how much time of day is affected by skipping the well, Mirror Shield, and Ikana Castle. But I think this is at least a good starting point to build off of.

Someone has a good setup for snowhead temple BK skip? The clip is soo hard it's ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
I like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7uGFNvgYGU

Basically backflip into the corner, then line up the middle of the clock with the middle of the white texture in front of you.
http://imgur.com/9ssb9KS
Backflip again.
Target, and FULLY press right on the Circle Pad until Link does a full lean, then IMMEDIATELY let go.
Do that again.
Now tap up-left extremely briefly twice, then Triple Slash.
Wait until Link is shoved all the way back by the third slash, then clip.
Sidehop in.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:53:09 AM by BigHairyFart » Logged

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2015, 04:41:17 AM »

Okay, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I forgot to catch spring water in Gibdo bottle a second time to make time go crazy. So now I'm just curious about where in the route we are going to get Epona. I'm guessing something along the lines of:

Leave Woodfall after Bow
Snowhead
Powder Keg
Gyorg Warp
SoT
Finish Woodfall(collect rupees)
Buy Powder Keg
Epona
Park Epona
SoS to MV
4th Day
Milk Bar Clip
STT
Majora

That's just a rough guess on how the current route may go. It may be different than this depending on how much time of day is affected by skipping the well, Mirror Shield, and Ikana Castle. But I think this is at least a good starting point to build off of.
I like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7uGFNvgYGU

Basically backflip into the corner, then line up the middle of the clock with the middle of the white texture in front of you.
http://imgur.com/9ssb9KS
Backflip again.
Target, and FULLY press right on the Circle Pad until Link does a full lean, then IMMEDIATELY let go.
Do that again.
Now tap up-left extremely briefly twice, then Triple Slash.
Wait until Link is shoved all the way back by the third slash, then clip.
Sidehop in.

Awesome worked after 3 tries. Smiley (I was pressing A too fast) Pretty consistent. Thanks!

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2015, 04:09:23 PM »

For those struggling with stone tower warp and snowhead bk skip:

http://youtu.be/BV5t8CJNjhU
http://youtu.be/uB0_8oJtm_k

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2015, 04:32:24 AM »

I already posted a Gibdo clip vod, but I've seen people doing it kinda slow...so, here's some examples of it for reference.

It's easier than it appears.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »

The Remains during the Majora fight apparently do 16 damage to Majora's Wrath if they hit her with their light balls. GG Grezzo. (This is 2× the damage of a GFS jumpslash)

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
daniel_figgyy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2015, 02:46:49 AM »

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but:

Just realized that if you have the Gilded Sword when doing the Deku Sword glitch, deku link will get the damage of the Gilded Sword, as expected. However, when you use zora storage to give the b button back to Link, it defaults to kokiri sword damage.
So Deku link keeps the gilded damage, while human Link reverts back to kokiri damage.

This info won't be of much use to the current any% route because the razor/gilded sword is not obtained. Just thought it was an interesting find.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2015, 03:42:19 AM »

Something interesting i think is new maybe? When you Down A being swordless, it let's you use items still which i think is something neat hahahh
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2015, 05:33:29 AM »

So you can get Collection Delay while on Down A (swordless) happened with laundry pool bremen mask went into the water and all and after touching land got the mask xDD
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzTE7aaYWutL4dT
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:43:50 AM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2015, 07:58:18 AM »

So you can get Collection Delay while on Down A (swordless) happened with laundry pool bremen mask went into the water and all and after touching land got the mask xDD
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzTE7aaYWutL4dT

are you sure you even need swordless? I did mess a lot with collection delay on mailbox using down a a while back. I don't recall having swordless. I am pretty sure I had a sword in fact. maybe it's different depending on what you collect, idk.

Also,  restricted items with down a was the first use that was found for it. does not require swordless, just a dimmed B button. (so works in areas with disabled B, even if you have a sword, and as other forms)

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2015, 11:11:05 AM »

are you sure you even need swordless? I did mess a lot with collection delay on mailbox using down a a while back. I don't recall having swordless. I am pretty sure I had a sword in fact. maybe it's different depending on what you collect, idk.

Also,  restricted items with down a was the first use that was found for it. does not require swordless, just a dimmed B button. (so works in areas with disabled B, even if you have a sword, and as other forms)

Ohh, i see, i was swordless atm with Link so maybe that acted like having B dimmed and about the mask, i had Down A activated which made the collection delay until i other jumped to get out of Down A or hit Kafei's bell to trigger the little CS (which is what you see in the pic :p) as for with other forms items were dimmed doing Down A even though Link was swordless, so i guess dimmed b and swordless act the same hahahh
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2015, 03:38:37 PM »

The Remains during the Majora fight apparently do 16 damage to Majora's Wrath if they hit her with their light balls. GG Grezzo. (This is 2× the damage of a GFS jumpslash)
So the fight can basically end with 3 light balls? This should be tested.
EDIT: Wow man. New wr with an accidental discovery. SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE ON THE CASE. (I think the remains do more than 6 from the looks of it. Can't link the vid atm)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:15:33 PM by Powerstar9 » Logged

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: