ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:59:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 174001 times)
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2015, 02:44:49 PM »

GnS's Epona teleport also works and I managed it from the west entrance. You can get the climb command while being as close to the loading zone as possible, and mount on the moment it's 6am. The only risk is Epona neighing at the wrong time. I'm not sure if parking her ahead of time with this has a use since I know a transition is needed for the WW.

Was not expecting it to be that simple. Awesome.

As for the clip itself, what was that guy in the video doing to totally flip himself around for that jump slash?
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »

Hey, just wondering if it could be faster to do Snowhead after Bow and come back for Odolwa? You'd have Fire Arrows for Gekko and the torch and avoid the cutscene in the Deku Princess room.

Yes it should be faster. That's how MM 64 used to so it's route back in the days of Jiano.

BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »

As for the clip itself, what was that guy in the video doing to totally flip himself around for that jump slash?
Not sure, but holding target while getting off of Epona will  turn Link so he's facing parallel to her, while not targeting will have him face into her. So we're halfway there, we just need to turn him an extra 90 degrees. I've tried holding the circle pad in various directions with no luck.

Anybody trying this, do it off the ledge near the owl statue. It's an easy reset, and you run no risk of voiding upon failure, which makes Epona disappear.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »

The reason why is there is because when they expanded south clock town, remember in MM64 the door was there because the shooting gallery was much closer, and they just forgot to remove the door for some reason (Grezzo, Kappa)
If you go back to look at the n64 version is much closer like that and makes sense, to me at least x))

And thanks for replying CloudMax to how to get Bottle on B via collection delay :p =)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »

Any% route First Cycle:

Night of Final Day
Gong 6:30 to 9:00 for 30r
Stray fairy ECT
Break both Rupee boxes
Keaton grass Rupees NCT
Magic
Keaton grass Rupees again
Deposit 50r SCT
Ocarina

The clock strikes 12am in about 15 seconds faster with gong Rupees than Anju. The gong generates a blue Rupee every half hour. You can collect an extra green Rupee from the Trading Post pot as a precaution, but you won't make it to school before 6:30 if you're not quick.

It's not faster unless it's possible to collect the other 50 Rupees for milk without much interruption. The musical board on the way to Mountain Village, while may not be reliable, gives 30 Rupees between 8 and 9pm and what you get is based on hour. Description with the full list here. Lens of Truth cave 50r chest?

Edit: Milk isn't needed with the new WW...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:35:03 PM by Jeville » Logged
teasday
Deku Scrub

« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »

Another Skull Kid CS skip setup, this time with no jumping.

1. Target the left pillar and make sure you're as close to it as possible. Move right until Link's body is at least halfway past the pillar: when you dry roll, Link should roll forward and be pushed to the right.
2. Do 10 dry rolls. Doesn't seem to matter how fast you do them.
3. Stop holding L. Hold the Ocarina, swing the sword once and let go of the Ocarina button during the swing.
4. SoDT.

There's an annoying catch, though: the timing of when you start playing the Ocarina matters. If you're too slow, the cutscene plays. If you're too early, Link misses the trigger zone just barely. I'm guessing it's about a 1-2 frame window, but I could learn to pretty much tell from Link's animation if I got it too early, so I don't think it's as bad as it sounds.

The good news is that the position for the setup isn't precise at all thanks to the pillar pushing you to the correct spot. I'm pretty sure it should work as long as the pillar pushes you even a little, but taking even a little step forward or backward will probably screw it up. Thankfully that should be pretty easy to notice but watch out for that.

A bad video just to show it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVN9fvz2us
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:27:58 AM by teasday » Logged
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2015, 07:52:38 AM »

I'm not sure how he turns around, but you can also use jump slash recoil without turning with good positioning and timing, sometimes you clip back in bounds though. Another thing you can do is use mask storage to use Zora on epona since he has a bigger hitbox it's easier to hit the loading zone when you recoil. Don't use Zora for that if you do the Deku sword glitch though, after the warp it turns into a title deed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:23:16 AM by BALDORF! » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »

To get the angle, you need to target while on epona facing the direct you want to jumpslash in and hold that target. In this case, the camera you have when you walk into the area should work.

Venick came up with a super good position for skull kid CS skip. Unfortunately, it uses a texture on the ground as a visual, but it's pretty lenient. I can couch that it has very good consistency. Video to come

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »

To get the angle, you need to target while on epona facing the direct you want to jumpslash in and hold that target. In this case, the camera you have when you walk into the area should work.

Excellent, that worked like a charm. Got to see the wrong warp myself: sure enough, I got safely dropped into the center of STT's main room. So neat to see it all come together. Looking forward to using this in a new file.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2015, 11:52:14 PM »

Two questions:
1) If you need a day transition to get Epona into Clock Town, AND need a day transition to WW, AMD Epona disappears from Clock Town when you leave the area, how are you supposed to clip inside of the Milk Bar AND get the WW?

2)How exactly do you get the WW to work? In my countless attempts(using Romani's Mask to get in just for practice), I would either stay in the Milk Bar after the day transition, actually get the WW(has only happened to me ONCE), get kicked out at 5am, or have the moon crash normally. I am failing to see what I am doing differently to cause these effects.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:44:35 AM by BigHairyFart » Logged

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2015, 12:45:59 AM »

Two questions:
1) If you need a day transition to get Epona into Clock Town, AND need a day transition to WW, AMD Epona disappears from Clock Town when you leave the area, how are you supposed to clip inside of the Milk Bar AND get the WW?

2)How exactly do you get the WW to work. In my countless attempts(using Romani's Mask to get in just for practice), I would either stay in the Milk Bar after the day transition, actually get the WW(has only happened to me ONCE), or get kicked out at 5am. I am failing to see what I am doing differently to cause these effects.

You can't do both in one cycle (if you're using epona teleport anyways, which is all I know). During one cycle you merely get Epona up onto the ledge leading into Clock Town and leave her there (effectively parking her across cycles since her position in Termina Field is retained even if you play the SoT). When you go back in time, you now won't need to spend a day transition to bring her into town.

As for your second question, I'm a little unclear on what you're asking. Are you wondering what will ensure that the fourth day will cause a wrong warp when the day transition hits? It does seem finicky, but I think a setup or two have been mentioned here. I seem to have the most luck when I manage to trigger the rapid time progression (the kind that doesn't crash the moon in the HSW grotto), run to the exit, and play the inverted SoT right before leaving. As for getting kicked out of the bar, the whole point of the clip is to get in after the bar closes at 5am (but before 6am) so you won't be kicked out and will remain in the bar for the day transition. Again, I might be misunderstanding you.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »

You can't do both in one cycle (if you're using epona teleport anyways, which is all I know). During one cycle you merely get Epona up onto the ledge leading into Clock Town and leave her there (effectively parking her across cycles since her position in Termina Field is retained even if you play the SoT). When you go back in time, you now won't need to spend a day transition to bring her into town.
You don't need 1st Day for 4th Day, so you don't have to restart the cycle after parking her.

Edit: Pastebin for WW setup here. It's explaining Gyorg WW, but do 10 of the steps then clip into Milk Bar and wait for the transition. Why the WW didn't happen for you with the transition was because you were in regular 4th Day (working like it does on N64) that doesn't give it. You have to time when to catch HSW, which is around the 2:10 minute mark and you start timing with a stopwatch the moment you open the game from the home menu. I don't know if the 2:10 minute mark has been changed by now or not.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:30:10 AM by Jeville » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »

You don't need 1st Day for 4th Day, so you don't have to restart the cycle after parking her.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I specified as such. Brain lapse lol
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2015, 01:25:36 AM »

Some of us could really use a video for the Epona clip into town. I'll admit I can't even do it which had me resort to trying Epona teleport in the first place. I'm not acquainted with OoT3D.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2015, 01:39:16 AM »

Some of us could really use a video for the Epona clip into town. I'll admit I can't even do it which had me resort to trying Epona teleport in the first place. I'm not acquainted with OoT3D.

What's this? Something separate from the milk bar clip? An alternative to epona warping?

I haven't seen any mention in this thread of being able to get Epona into town with another method.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:46:51 AM by corneliab » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: