ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:03:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 game marathon  (Read 61721 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 11:07:08 PM »

You can segment a run of the marathon, if savewarping were faster or whatever, but it obviously needs to be done in one sitting, and the time it takes to reset adds on to the total. Much like the RTA category that has been purposed for OoT.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
MarcusSDA
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »

Then I'd chose SS, I don't know if I can do it but I'll tell you if I can. Unreal could do instead if I can't.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 12:11:21 AM »

Then I'd chose SS, I don't know if I can do it but I'll tell you if I can. Unreal could do instead if I can't.
Marcus, it's pretty much been confirmed that I'll be doing SS for the marathon lol. No one else has the balls Deku Nuts Tongue
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:00:41 AM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Siglemic
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010, 12:59:20 AM »

I want to do MM D:

By july 2010... man i'll have sub 1:57

true story

<+Axon> I should just quit mario and main sonic
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 06:10:13 AM »

So I don't know about you guys but it's just about Spring Break here.

Are we doing this?  When?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »

oh shit
I totally forgot about this thread OH NO. that means I'm gonna have to play WW when the time comes D:!

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »

We should obviously do this at least Smiley. But when, that's another question...

May the Triforce be with you.
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:19 PM »

You guys are already on spring break?  I'm not off for another week and a bit... Sad

Anyway, we need to get that chart up again, and then maybe go a bit more indepth with the planning (if we do do this in July).

I'm also thinking we should get viewer opinions on when they would watch it (specific time), what games they would like to watch, and the like so that we can slot the right games in at primetime hours and put the less popular ones on graveyard shift.  We also need to account for Europe and maybe Asia/Australia, so the more input we can get the better.

Oh, and I'll take over MC. Tongue

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »

My spring break is next week.

We should also do some research for a charity that we would like to help raise money for.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »

Alright guys, summer is only a few months away and we still have a lot of organizing to do with this.

First, it seems pretty obvious that this widget should be used, I've seen it on nearly every marathon raising money for a charity. It seems easy enough to set up. If we can't put it on the ustream page itself, then we can alter our homepage (we may want to do that anyway) and put it there, and then just link people to www.zeldaspeedruns.com (that may encourage them to check out the site as well). We could put both the stream and this widget on our homepage and then just link everyone to the homepage.

I was looking at some charities and I think the best approach would be to pick one that raises money for children. I like this idea because everyone loves to help kids (which means we raise more money) and lets face it; for all of us to have internet access and play these video games as kids, we are in a pretty fortunate situation. Not all children get to enjoy the things we enjoy. Here is a list of 25 top children's charities, and there are many others as well.

I'm thinking, we can just send a generic email to them, saying something like, "Dear [charity], we are going to be raising money for a gaming marathon and would like to benefit a charity. We have looked into your organization and were wondering if you would like to sponser us. -ZSR Team" or some junk like that. It obviously needs to be worded good but then we just see who we get replies from and pick one. I assume that's how it works, did anyone see/work with SDA when they did their marathon? Or any other marathon?

Ok, on the gaming side of things, we need to get that page back up with runners and back-up runners, as well as commentators if we are going to do that. If we do commentators I say that person is on a skype call AND can be heard in the main stream, OR we set up a secondary account and have that person face a webcam and then have two streams like SDA did (people are probably gonna ask you to take off your shirt because I've seen that multiple times on marathons so you got to say, "If you donate $10 dollars", haha). The goal of the commentator should pretty much just be to interact with the people chatting, and especially answer questions on some of the tricks and glitches the runner does.

The time this should take place should weigh heavily in favor of the 2D ZELDA GAMERS! This is really critical. We've got probably 10+ people that could do OoT under 1:30 (Actually setting up two streams and having a race would be highly entertaining, imo; the loser then has to drop out and we continue to the next game). How many people can run the Minish Cap? Or Zelda II? We need to work the schedule around these people, and then fill in the gaps with the 3D games where we have more options.

Once we do all this, we are going to want to spread the word. We managed to get around 300 viewers at one point for WW (let's face it, not the most exciting game in the series) for only advertising on one day. Imagine what we could do with a few weeks of advertising. Make threads on gaming boards, post youtube videos, put it on your facebook, etc. It's easy to sell because we can state with confidence that we are the fastest Zelda players out there.

So yeah, discuss things I mentioned and state if you can play games and who's gonna be playing what since I looked over the first page and not everyone who posted there is active anymore.

Obviously I'm willing to do OoT as I'll be home during the summer and will have the webcam stream.

SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 03:58:49 PM »

I think focusing on the 2D games seems a little selective.  We need to get some input from those who are going to watch the marathon.  If we do a focus on the 2D games and put the 3D games in less popular time slots, we're going to lose viewers, its as simple as that.

What I'm thinking is we put out a video on each of our youtube channels (just have 1 person make one then everyone uses it), asking for any info that could be relevant to the marathon.  This could be anything from ideal games, to ideal times, dates, etc.  With the info, we can craft a schedule and release it a couple of weeks before the marathon.  Within this, there is still a slight problem, as many of our channels contain only MM/OoT videos, so it's likely well get a ton of votes for those to be shown at prime hours.  We could probably alter the voting and exclude OoT/MM from the vote and just give them a primetime slot right away, but that's something that can probably be discussed later.

With regard to picking a charity, I'm assuming that there would be some outside source that could help us with this.  The Speed Gamers host all kinds of marathons, so I'm sure someone from there could help us with the process.  If that falls through, I imagine Mike from SDA (where we should also advertise/get input) would be able to help us with stuff like that.  Also, we ave players from all over the world, and I assume viewers will be from all over the world, so we should pick an international charity if that's an option.

Apart from that, I agree with everything Runnerguy said.  Let's get the planning done on this and do a good job on this.  Lets not do a 4/20 repeat.

Also, as far as games go, I'm still good for MC, LA, OoA, and OoS.  I'll also do LoZ, AoL, and FSA if it becomes needed.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Zero
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »

I can be a backup for Runnerguy, just in case anything happens. I MIGHT be able to do phantom hourglass. I just need to learn hammer early and a few things and I'm good to go.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »

Good stuff RG.

I agree that we need advertisement WELL in advance and organization needs to be a prime factor. Everyone who has a Youtube account could upload an ad video for it the day of the marathon. I was also wondering if 100% of the proceeds are going to charity or if ZSR is going to keep a small percentage to help run the site?

And I'm up for OoT any% main/backup/race of course and commentating/moderating as well.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »

we should meet up irl

in an abandoned church

where nobody can hear you scream...

Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2010, 11:52:15 PM »

We could have like a mega OoT race with aleck vs. RG vs. ZFG vs. jianobutts vs. me vs. not ing

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: