ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:10:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 game marathon  (Read 61719 times)
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »

Well to be honest with you, I believe someone should only be a commentator if they're a backup runner or know nearly everything about the game exclusively. Cause the most questions are going to be asked about "WTF just happened?" And someone's gotta be there to back it up. I don't know about your knowledge of any of the zelda games, but...

and Shift times, it's kind of hard to say since we don't even have set-in-stone plans or a time roster of any sort. In general, if you can commentate on a game in the daytime, take it. if it's too inconvenient for you, don't do it. Simple enough.

Anyways, with the way things are going for me, I might even be able to backup MM. We'll have to see how well things go but if I get decent enough, I'd be allover that Cheesy

REPLY since I dont want to make another post in this thread:
I see...   Sad
That's not to say you can't learn stuff before the next marathon, you know Wink
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:00:10 PM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »

I see...   Sad

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 02:07:20 PM »

Well to be honest with you, I believe someone should only be a commentator if they're a backup runner or know nearly everything about the game exclusively. Cause the most questions are going to be asked about "WTF just happened?" And someone's gotta be there to back it up. I don't know about your knowledge of any of the zelda games, but...
Uh I would love to comment on MM. I'm not good enough to backup run it but I know basically everything about that game. ^^

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »

See, Ani, I am just like Slowking, but with OoT instead of MM. I'm not good enough to backup run it, but I know what's going on when I see it. Having seen the any% run done enough times (which I assume is what would be done for the marathon), I have picked up on what's being done and how it's done.

I feel the same way as Slowking. If you at least know what's going on in the run, you should be able to commentate. The skill has nothing to do with it, in my opinion. If I were asking a question in the chat, it wouldn't matter to me if the chat commentator had the skills to back it up or not. As long as they know what's going on in the run, I'd accept their input.

Please don't be mad at me for saying this. I just needed to get my opinions out there on the table.

To be honest, whatever's decided will be fine with me. If I don't get to commentate, that's fine. I'll still support the marathons and will participate in the chat. But, I do think that Slowking and I have raised a point...

I think this is something that should be discussed more, but by those who are in charge of planning the marathons.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:14:20 PM by BlueStarReturns » Logged

Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »

Uh... commentating is probably the least of our concerns; it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to get runners for all the games and making sure they all show up.

Besides, I don't really see the point... I mean, who wants to watch a run where a guy's saying "Well he's running now. He has to talk to the cucco lady. He got cojiro! Now he's going to RBA again for a bomb bag and quiver. RBA is..."?

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 04:05:59 AM »

Well I think the commentators aren't a bad idea. If we are going to promote the marathon all over the place there are bound to be a lot of questions. So somebody who can answer them would be a good idea... and ofcourse somebody who can yell STFU up when somebody calls "cheater". Ofcourse we would need to device a way in wich we still have the runner and the game audio in there so that the runner can also comment...

But in general: Come on people!

We don't have anything as of yet.

First of all we need a fixed date to start planing. I still vote sometime in spring break.

Then we need a ruling on how LA and ALTTP will be played. With warp glitches or without? That will determine who can run them and how long it takes.
Let's get to work!

SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 04:23:07 AM »

Spring break sounds good, but that's different for different people.

I'm just going out on a loop here, but why not do both runs for LA and ALttP?  Both are no longer than 10 minutes when you include credits (shortened version), so if the respective runners are willing to do both, then do them both.  Obviously, we shouldn't force the issue, and can always do the other one at the end with an entirely different runner if need be.

Might as well say my Spring break is from the 15th of March to the 19th of March.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 04:29:43 AM »

Hmm didn't know spring break is differnet. Your school system is so confusing...

Well I would argue that we should get the best time for the marathon to promote for future marathons or to promote with during the marathon.
So if LA and ALTTP were to played in full it should be after the marathon as a bonus. Likewise the OoT MST run.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2009, 05:10:15 AM »

I think sometime during summer would be best.  I know its far away but I think we should try to get pages up for every,  or almost every game so if people want to know how to do a trick we can just link them to the site.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2009, 05:24:57 AM »

We won't have those pages anyway. Cheesy Or are you going to make them? :p And isn't that what the comentator is for?

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2009, 01:15:14 AM »

Well, I have to agree with ZFG on the choice of summer as when the marathon. Personally, as I'm not even in school, I could do it any time, but I realize fully that this is not the case for many of the members and runners here.

But, I also agree with Slowking and wonder: If we just link the people with questions to the site, is there any other reason to have chat commentators? There might be other stuff in the chat that may not pertain to the run but that people might just want explained.

Of course, what's decided is decided. As I've said before, I'll still participate in the marathon's chat regardless of whether we have commentators or not.

So, my vote for the date is sometime in the summer.

SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 10:58:34 PM »

May point out that the chart went down with the site, the page no longer exists.  This is, of course, not true if Cosmo backed it up somewhere.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »

I believe I have a full backup of /junk/, but until #zelda believes that I didn't hack ZSR I can't do anything really...

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
MarcusSDA
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »

Should all of them be SS runs? If so, I can't do one. But if it's segmented, I'm working an Any% WW run.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »

Marathons are obviously SS runs, that's the main idea of the marathon.
I wonder if I shall rechange some of the LA/OoS/OoA routes to the marathon, as none of them are perfect enough for my test.

May the Triforce be with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: