ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weirdshot anomaly  (Read 3706 times)
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »

I've been doing unbuffered weirdshots since november, they are cake with this much practice. About 3 weeks ago I started to notice that I was more consistent with non bonk weirdshots than bonk weirdshots, but I just figured I was out of practice or something. Now, weirdshots absolutely do not work at all on my n64. Not even yobo is very consistent. Any weirdshot will only work on the very last 2 explosion frames, not the 2 preceding (you have 4 frames iirc). I'm not sure why this is, I assumed it was a physical problem with the n64 but everything else is fine. However, I played on my cousins n64 and they worked, so I'm not understanding why this is happening. It kinda bothers me because I prefer N64, and probably will even when I get VC. Also, they work every time on the gamecube version as well (they are way easier with a gc controller as is though). What's aggravating is that I don't think anyone will believe this is possible.

Signature
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »

I've been doing unbuffered weirdshots since november, they are cake with this much practice. About 3 weeks ago I started to notice that I was more consistent with non bonk weirdshots than bonk weirdshots, but I just figured I was out of practice or something. Now, weirdshots absolutely do not work at all on my n64. Not even yobo is very consistent. Any weirdshot will only work on the very last 2 explosion frames, not the 2 preceding (you have 4 frames iirc). I'm not sure why this is, I assumed it was a physical problem with the n64 but everything else is fine. However, I played on my cousins n64 and they worked, so I'm not understanding why this is happening. It kinda bothers me because I prefer N64, and probably will even when I get VC. Also, they work every time on the gamecube version as well (they are way easier with a gc controller as is though). What's aggravating is that I don't think anyone will believe this is possible.

1. There is a fucking Question and Answer thread. You've made like 10 topics that easily could have fit in there...
2. The number of frames that work for weirdshot depends on how far away from the bomb you are, the bonk setup gives you the right distance for 4 frames, other setups give other amounts. It can also depend on the area in which you're performing the trick. Maybe you're just coincidentally in the right area/using the right setup on the consoles which "worked," and using a bad area/setup on your N64?

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 09:25:08 PM »

1. Noted.
2. The spirit temple is the most common area I practice them. I've hit 29/30 here, sometimes even without looking at the TV I've gotten them. My N64 did take a spill the other day but I don't see why it would affect *only* weirdshots. Not even the overly easy child weirdshots do anything. It acts as though it won't register the amount of inputs required for this trick. I've never had a problem hitting them in any area, bonk or not. I guess this is something physical though, because I've tried all of my controllers and just about everything else and no luck. Very rarely I'll get half a weirdshot, but that's it.

Signature
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »

All of your attempts were "bonk" weirdshots right? And can you do buffered weirdshots just fine?

I'd say trying doing weirdshot attempts but without releasing Z. You'll be able to tell if Link goes under the ground, but it'll be one less input; you'll be able to tell if its working correctly, and then you can add in Z to see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:44:29 PM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:03:37 PM »

Not all attempts, but most. I have tried buffered, which does work fine. It's just I really like unbuffered and don't want to see them go biblethump

Signature
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: