ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:37:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616317 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #540 on: May 29, 2014, 07:09:11 AM »

I have, you'll just have to take my word sadly.

Also, it's not that hard to get yourself to stay middle for a few pixels inside if you take it super slow. The trickiest part is just timing the slide off from the center area.
Either way, based on the amount of failing, I don't believe a single speedruner could do it due the sheer perfection in a real run.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #541 on: May 29, 2014, 04:33:37 PM »

I was only able to do it once (no pics, sorry  Huh), and I did it actually by throwing the (nice) bomb off the side of the cliff and jumping into it so that it hit me in midair. Idk if that's truly any different to just getting hit by it while it's on the ground, but there you have it, maybe that'll lead to something.

Going back to this, I played around with it a bit more and found that it's actually a far more effective method of bomb boosting for getting onto ledges that involve Link jumping left or right (as in, the ledge runs up and down). All I really do now is pick up a bomb (must be Nice Bombs), wait for it to turn red, count to three in my head, toss, and jam left/right and slightly down/up. It's consistent for me I wanna say... slightly better than 1 in 3 tries.

And... since it's suddenly become easier for me to get onto ledges, I've taken the time to catalog a few setups to activate FF for future reference.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR-4hgMPx1groW
^Lake Hylia

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR-4ptoJA6-U4n
^Turtle Rock. I now prefer this setup to the old one because it involves getting on a ledge running North/South

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR-4sgUCvPHW25
^This one's tricky, and a bit hard to explain. So, the very bottom left most part of the ledge has an invisible wall of sorts that you need to creep along the left side off to avoid getting pushed right. Since the ledge doesn't extend very far from the screen transition point, I had to jam Link as far over the edge as possible to find a setup that works. Good news is that if you fall in Link will respawn on the ledge for whatever reason.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR-4uTkj_Wefwk
^Also tricky, and similar to my attempt before at using bombs to push you into the sweet spot to activate FF (except I actually found a working setup for this spot). In this pic, I bomb boosted onto the ledge and used my positioning there to walk around the invisible barrier of sorts that forces Link "inbound", and that you would normally use to hop over the edge.

Not that anyone will ever care (still =P) about Maiamais in a category where you don't get Flippers, but these setups let me pick up 7 more Maiamai thought unreachable, bringing the total to 92. The 8 I can't reach are located in bodies of water not connected to a screen transition.

Edit: Typo.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:40:43 PM by LemonKong » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »

I'm really impressed by all the finds that have happened in the last few days  Grin I never would have thought TR flipperless would have been possible.  

I tried messing around in Swamp Palace but goddamn, that first room just might be impossible to pass. I can't think of a single thing that would work there. But if someone actually manages to find something there, then congrats Cheesy

About the skull portal: you can't t-rod on top if your in the exact middle because of the ceiling above you. Any other place inside the pillar just pushes you outside cause of some invisible wall. Even if it was possible to get on top, the Snap Dragons ruin it by being the most annoying enemy to get you to clip inside. Something about their shape makes the clip pixel perfect so it would be really crappy in a run.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:57:30 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »

I tried messing around in Swamp Palace but goddamn, that first room just might be impossible to pass. I can't think of a single thing that would work there. But if someone actually manages to find something there, then congrats Cheesy

Agreed, this room seems impossible to break, there's not even any small observations I've made which could lead to something :/ The only things I've noticed in the room are that the Hookshot poles make a 'connect' sound when you Spin, and that if you dash to the outside edge of a door frame you can rebound. That. Is. It.

Lemon, that method does seem easier when your trying the jump left/right. Nice find.

Edit. Just a thought lemon, have you noticd any noticeable change in height to the boost when you throw a bomb? I can't pull this off consistently enough yet to compare. I'm finding the positioning more difficult.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:19:36 AM by Wastedweek » Logged
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2014, 03:48:31 AM »

Yeah, that first room... sigh...

Edit. Just a thought lemon, have you noticd any noticeable change in height to the boost when you throw a bomb? I can't pull this off consistently enough yet to compare. I'm finding the positioning more difficult.

It's tough to say, since it happens so fast. I'm not sure if it's easier because it's pushing you higher or simply if it's more forgiving with the way Link interacts with the hitbox. If it's the former, idk if it could be used anywhere to get onto especially high ledges.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #545 on: May 30, 2014, 03:53:11 AM »

Yeah, that first room... sigh...

It's tough to say, since it happens so fast. I'm not sure if it's easier because it's pushing you higher or simply if it's more forgiving with the way Link interacts with the hitbox. If it's the former, idk if it could be used anywhere to get onto especially high ledges.

I'm hoping you can reach higher ledges seeing as how bomb boosting when the bomb is slightly higher is significantly easier. I can't for the life of me reproduce your bomb jump now, I did it the first few times but I'm finding it more difficult, link seems to stall after I throw the bomb so I always jump off the ledge late. Sad any tips?
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #546 on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:44 AM »

I think the trick is slightly more successful if you're not jammed up against the ledge you're trying to get onto... like having a handful of pixels of space seems to help. That could just be my imagination I guess though...
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #547 on: June 02, 2014, 12:42:40 PM »

This is a long shot but is there anywhere in hyrule where you can perform False Flippers without a Bomb boost? I'm curious as to whether you could reach the Bottle with a message in it before sanctuary using False Flippers. If, and this is a big if, we could then maybe acquiring the bottle before lamp will open up an item slot.

I know this is highly unlikely due to having to jump from a ledge which you have bomb boosted onto, to activate False flippers. Worth a look anyway maybe.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #548 on: June 02, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »

I already got the Note in the bottle.
Cut the bushes until you get a BEE.

While you're standing at the ledge, you have to leap when you think the bee will attack you south-south-east.
With good timing, you'll end up on the ledge and can get the bottle with the note inside.

Feel free to record this glitch yourself, just don't claim you found the  glitch.

Here's a few videos to give you an idea on how to do it,  but just a warning, unless if you find a pattern, it takes pure luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3tq7lHBDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE8F2e_L2dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_uCqVhsYZU
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #549 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:44 AM »

Yeh I'm aware of reaching it with a bee, as I said I'm wondering if it's possible to reach using FF pre-sanctuary, meaning no sword. There's no bees to use pre-sword from what I can tell.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #550 on: June 03, 2014, 03:09:36 AM »

How many bushes did you try to destroy?
At this point you're assuming.

There's birds around the forest area before you get your sword, so why not bees?
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #551 on: June 03, 2014, 03:36:45 AM »

How many bushes did you try to destroy?
At this point you're assuming.

There's birds around the forest area before you get your sword, so why not bees?

Well I've hit 1000+ rupees from bushes alone so unless I'm just really unlucky I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make.

*edit* acquired sword and within 10 bushes I found a bee. King did you acquire the bottle using the bee boost before or after getting the lamp?

I think the bottle under the bridge may activate an item slot in a similar manner to lamp, I'm not sure if the bottle with the letter in it will do due to you needing to take it to the milkbar.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:05:21 AM by Wastedweek » Logged
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #552 on: June 03, 2014, 06:36:07 AM »

Just to confirm: I went back and tried entering the area under the bridge from a number of different angles. No matter what it seems to just spawn you in the same location each time and unfortunately that location will not activate Fake Flippers. With the glitches/exploits we know about presently, it doesn't seem possible to get that Bottle without Flippers.

I also somewhat doubt acquiring any item besides the Lamp will open up any item slots. It seems as though that item specifically is tied to triggering the Y slot opening.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #553 on: June 03, 2014, 07:31:52 AM »

I didn't test this, just didn't want you to confirm without testing.

When in pre-sword mode, there are 0 enemies, right?
A bird would be the easiest, a zora fireball is possible to, a reg enemy hasn't been proven yet.

Also "Wastedweek" just get the sword, then die by an enemy without getting the lantern. Then check the bushes for some bees. You can find out if that bottle note will trigger this item slot or not.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »

I didn't test this, just didn't want you to confirm without testing.

When in pre-sword mode, there are 0 enemies, right?
A bird would be the easiest, a zora fireball is possible to, a reg enemy hasn't been proven yet.

Also "Wastedweek" just get the sword, then die by an enemy without getting the lantern. Then check the bushes for some bees. You can find out if that bottle note will trigger this item slot or not.

Doesn't work unfortunatly. I think your right Lemon, seems the item slot is only activated by the lamp.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: