ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616333 times)
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #525 on: May 28, 2014, 04:06:20 AM »

I'd really love to figure out the timings for the bombs.
I keep having to use birds & bees because I can't get the bomb timing down no matter how many times I try. Sad
Just takes practice I guess. Sometimes I get it 4 or 5 times in a row and others I can't seem to get it until Link is dead. Try using the upgraded bombs to get the hang of it.

How did he get up on the torch? Dash slide?
Actually yeah, how did he get up there? I haven't played around in that room at all because I assumed the dungeon worked like Roadagain was saying.

Also, for a second I thought these fake flippers would let us get to the bottle under the bridge. Turns out going under there with fake flippers makes Link immediately drop through the void, and then drown infinitely. I've only tried it once, since bomb boosting onto that particular ledge hasn't been cooperating with me.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2014, 04:09:01 AM »

Actually yeah, how did he get up there? I haven't played around in that room at all because I assumed the dungeon worked like Roadagain was saying.

Just merge around :/ nothing special unfortunatly.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #527 on: May 28, 2014, 04:10:07 AM »

So you fake flippers into it?
Does the same thing happen if you dash fall under the bridge instead?
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #528 on: May 28, 2014, 04:27:56 AM »

So something I was thinking about just now was that really it isn't the boots at all that make Fake Flippers work, it's that they help you easily get to the right position during the screen transition to activate the Flippers. Theoretically, other methods should exist in place of the boots to do the same thing.

I suspect a technique I'm gonna call Bomb Diving exists, where you have Link jump off a ledge where he "hops" and then the damage from the bomb blast will alter the angle of his trajectory enough to put him in the sweet spot to activate FF. Will need some testing.

Just merge around :/ nothing special unfortunatly.

Oh, duh =P. Lol I never noticed you could merge there.

Quote from: KingOfHeart
Does the same thing happen if you dash fall under the bridge instead?

Still not sure, that ledge does NOT want to cooperate with me today Undecided

Edit: So found slight confirmation of what I was saying above. Placing a bomb below and to the right of Link, and then jumping off the ledge at the exact right time got Link to appear standing here beyond the portion where he'd be forced to "hop", meaning you can dash directly off it at any angle you want. I haven't yet found the right angle to activate FF, but it seems like with a bit more trial and error I will have it. Unfortunately this trick at the screen transition is punishing if you do it wrong--you can make Link infinitely drown if he gets blasted too far out.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:52:39 AM by LemonKong » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #529 on: May 28, 2014, 04:49:46 AM »

Not too useful, but here's an early chest at the Zora's place.
Bomb leaping is so much easier, when you can place the bomb on a higher ledge. Smiley

If you leap off, you can actually walk on the big rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khrKsRHsgF8

edit: You got yourself stuck on that tiny ledge. Can you walk/dash west now?

Also, is it possible to dash into a door way with water? Seems unlikely, but when a room is flooded, maybe you can dash through a doorway to not drown in the next room.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:17:17 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #530 on: May 28, 2014, 05:24:39 AM »

edit: You got yourself stuck on that tiny ledge. Can you walk/dash west now?

Also, is it possible to dash into a door way with water? Seems unlikely, but when a room is flooded, maybe you can dash through a doorway to not drown in the next room.

Yeah, just gotta be careful not to fall off and/or clip back in "bounds" or whatever you want to call it.

It is possible to dash from a high ledge into the room with the Blue Mail, I actually tested in last night because I had the same idea.

Also, you guys know the warp pads in Turtle Rock? Turns out you can bomb rod underneath some of them to activate them. You spawn at the other one, but you're below it and fall into the void, but then you respawn back ontop of it and it automatically spawns you back on the warp pad you initially bomb rodded (except now you're on top). Not sure if there are too many places for use, but yeah.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #531 on: May 28, 2014, 05:40:42 AM »

Found what I think is a *new* bomb boost location south of dark palace, going to play around near by and see if it leads to anything. Screenshot below. I'm pretty happy with this boost, I've been trying it for weeks, and thought it was impossible. Smiley

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW_BTlQfQ

*Edit* so you can walk north all along the green wall and drop down by dark palace. Not a very fast route as the Bomb Boost isn't easy.

*2nd edit*

So I've just tried it again and this time when I transitioned north towards the dark palace I came out through the archway. I'm guessing when you transition screens if your too far left you come out through the arch.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:50:54 AM by Wastedweek » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #532 on: May 28, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »

nice find, Wastedweek. I recall I tried this months back, but gave up as it seemed a diagonal spot like that wouldn't work.

I did get (And actually can do it semi-reliably now), but I don't understand how you reach the Dark Palace area without coming out of the arc.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #533 on: May 28, 2014, 07:28:22 AM »

*Edit* so you can walk north all along the green wall and drop down by dark palace. Not a very fast route as the Bomb Boost isn't easy.

*2nd edit*

So I've just tried it again and this time when I transitioned north towards the dark palace I came out through the archway. I'm guessing when you transition screens if your too far left you come out through the arch.

Yeah, this bit I'm very intrigued about. It makes sense that there might be a (large?) loading zone that when entered spawns you at the arch in the maze, but for the game to actually keep those two sections of the map joined such that you can walk between them regardless is weird.

(gives me slight hope that the room before entering Swamp Palace works the same way =P)
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #534 on: May 28, 2014, 07:30:18 AM »

I did get (And actually can do it semi-reliably now), but I don't understand how you reach the Dark Palace area without coming out of the arc.

I've given up trying to reproduce it now, I don't know if I was just lucky the first time, I was stood fairly close to the archway when I did it, but not quite touching. I can't remember the positioning exactly as I was expecting to just go OOB. :/ either way it's a slow route into DP.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #535 on: May 28, 2014, 08:23:26 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this topic since this game was released. And always when I read about new glitch and stuff. My hopes for a good zelda game is still up. I hope Nintendo does same job with new WiiU zelda than with this one. I mean it can have alot of glitches and skips (I'm looking at you SS).

Anyway! What I wanted to say is. Great job everyone! I really love how this game is teared to pieces. Keep up the good work and keep going! This game is getting better and better all the time. Thanks to you guys! Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
hcbboyhammer12
Deku Scrub

Link's Financial Advisor

Email
« Reply #536 on: May 29, 2014, 01:55:17 AM »

I was just looking through the Any% route , and found a little thing whilst venturing throughout the Skull Woods:

Seres's Portrait is in the same area (loading-wise) as the rest of Skull Woods, as demonstrated by Link throwing a bomb. This means that, if we could somehow get past that TINY little piece of terrain that separates Link and the sage, we would be making great progress on optimizing ALBW running. I was trying to figure out how to do so, therefore I attempted to lure a nearby monster so that I could try a few things out (just kept stunning and moving it).

Could I get some help figuring out how to do this? Any feedback on the find would be nice.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #537 on: May 29, 2014, 04:17:30 AM »

Skull skip is one of the skips people have been trying pretty much since the game came out. The only OoB-ish area we could get was clipping inside the pillar with the portal.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #538 on: May 29, 2014, 06:11:54 AM »

If you got MLG clipping skills, you can get onto of the pillar.
Once ontop(going by memory here), if you walk in almost any direction(you got some room though) you'll fall straight down.
There is no leaping.
You might be able to dash off.

So far only enemies that move towards you have some squeezing use.
A new glitch will have to be discovered to skip this whole area of skull woods.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #539 on: May 29, 2014, 06:42:03 AM »

I don't think anyone's been able to get on top. The closest I got is going to the left half and using t-rod, and it looks like it will land on top, but it just slides down.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: