ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617192 times)
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #480 on: May 22, 2014, 12:39:56 AM »

I'll get to work.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #481 on: May 22, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »

That should theoretically work further north in that room. IIRC there's a stamina jar up there, so you could bomb the switch to activate the fan, and then bomb the skull to get the stamina potion to appear, then do the trick!

But would it even be worth it to beat HoG before EP if we could? We can't beat the game without merging, so we need to do EP at some point, and if we did ToH and HoG first, we'd have to rely on a stupid trick to get flippers without merging, and depending on luck, could destroy so many runs.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #482 on: May 22, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »

Regardless, wouldn't this be faster for the current route anyways if it works? It would skip a small key, right?

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #483 on: May 22, 2014, 04:28:21 PM »

Of course this will never be faster, but for the sake of beating EP with master sword, we're trying our best to figure this thing out. If it all works out, cool. If not, no biggy.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #484 on: May 22, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »

Nice, Weegee had the same idea as I did last night, to hit the switch from below somehow. No luck there either.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #485 on: May 22, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »

Could rats be used in the same way as Armos enemies?
If so, you could possibly use your rod as the rat collides with you to get on the caged floor.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #486 on: May 22, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »

I tried doing that a while back, and I got nothing out of it. I think either the rat physics just don't work the same way, or maybe it was just me being lame at playing this game. Regardless, it would be extremely inconsistent, since the rats are always so random.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2014, 07:56:21 PM »

I should also probably note that this works on any solid object, so this could be useful in some other dungeons too!  Shocked You can partially clip through a bunch of different things with a Bombrod.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:15:29 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »

Can frozen enemies push switches?
Doesn't work on those electrical red enemies though.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #489 on: May 22, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

I'm not sure, but I don't think it would matter as Bari's float around. Sadly, the only way that switch can be activated is by standing on it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:47:07 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #490 on: May 22, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »

What do you mean by that camera thing? I tried it on both types of fans in the game. It didn't do anything with the vertical ones, and with the horizontal ones, it didn't seem like the camera affected anything.

I also tested out bombrodding through the metal grating and collecting the stamina potion to see if it would push me through, and well... You can collect things through the layer above you it seems, but it doesn't push you through Sad
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #491 on: May 23, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »

I used the Wind Rod, and got Bari's to hover over the switch, then used the ice rod...he was frozen in mid air.
There's also a bat up there, but I'd need someone to confirm that a reg frozen enemy could push a switch before I'd continue this theory.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #492 on: May 23, 2014, 05:46:27 PM »

I used the Wind Rod, and got Bari's to hover over the switch, then used the ice rod...he was frozen in mid air.
There's also a bat up there, but I'd need someone to confirm that a reg frozen enemy could push a switch before I'd continue this theory.
I didn't think enemies would push down switches, but I tested it anyways. Sadly, frozen enemies don't push down switches either:

What do you mean by that camera thing? I tried it on both types of fans in the game. It didn't do anything with the vertical ones, and with the horizontal ones, it didn't seem like the camera affected anything.
Huh, for some reason I couldn't get it to work again...I guess I was just getting really lucky lol. Disregard that camera post lol
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2014, 06:04:12 PM »

You saying we got a random glitch?
Speed runners will hate this glitch if it has a purpose.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:07 AM »

Hey all, I've been following this thread for a while and finally made an account after finding some stuff I thought might be worth sharing Smiley

I was getting particularly annoyed with the cutscene involved with getting the flippers so I thought I'd see if it were possible to get to the HoG without them (although this may never really be useful in a run, but whatever).

Anyway, you can use the Crow south of HoG to get Link onto the raised area of water with a simple damage boost (probably obvious):

And from there you can hookshot the ladder on the dock, but unfortunately the dock is too high (I guess?) for Link to actually make it all the way across--he just falls in the water...

Different angles don't really seem to help as far as I can tell, but I got creative and figured out a way across: apparently icebergs created with the ice rod can shift Link's position mid-hookshot to *somehow* allow him to make it onto the dock without falling off:

This "Bergshot" really isn't even hard to pull off. A few different setups work, including diagonals. Here's a setup that makes only involves Link brushing up the side of one iceberg:

The problem: this doesn't seem to work with the rented/normal hookshot. I guess it's too slow? I've tried every setup I can think of and can't get it to work, even trying to quickly drop multiple icebergs with the normal/rented ice rod to see if that somehow makes a difference. Maybe someone can figure out some way to make it work... I suppose it's worth noting that the crow used to damage boost into this area actually follows you a pretty good distance, and that mashing X/Y as Link falls into the water does actually let you use an item really quickly. I got the tornado rod to work for a split second here (not that anything came of it):

Bonus: Icebergs can be used to activate animation storage (although I can't think of where this would be useful):

One final thing: This might be obvious, but I couldn't find any mention of it in the thread... You can freeze this spinny thing to make the timing for the F1 ToH mergeless skip easier:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: