ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616328 times)
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #450 on: April 29, 2014, 11:18:49 PM »

To be recorded: Tdutch, Viskiv and I were discussing about getting a crash in the game. We found out it was related to the new ToH clips, and I found a way to reproduce the crash.
Maybe there's some utility for it, but it's just funny cutscenes and crashes for now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f0YByoZxYA

The video shows the funny cutscene, but it's prepared to be crashed already. Once you reset during the transition, any time you enter a file and open and close a menu, or just wait on the file screen, the game will crash.

Ah, also, you don't need to go all the way up to 7F; falling from 5F already works.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:27:14 PM by Anwonu » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #451 on: May 01, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »

I decided to mess around with Background Storage a bit and decided to compile a list of all the findings.

-Waiting for the 'Hero Legend' cutscene to play on the title screen results in a glitched cutscene. The ToH background will be behind the pictures.

-Opening a file and starting a new game will have the ToH background during the opening cutscene.

-After a while of sitting on the File Select screen, the bottom screen will suddenly go glitched and the game will crash.

-Gameplay becomes a bit choppy.

-Opening Gear or Items causes the game to crash.

-Opening a menu has different oddities depending on where they are opened. Some spots make both top and bottom screens go black with multi-coloured pixels. Some spots open the menu for a second but then crash (music still plays). Others will allow the menu to be opened, but when it is closed the game crashes. Some spots can also make it crash and glitch only the bottom screen with a bunch of crazy pixels.

-Going through a portal causes the game to crash once you get close to coming out the other side.

-Performing BS and returning to ToH produces a few things. 1F crashes normally when opening menus. On 2F you can open menus, but then closing them makes the bottom screen glitch and the game will crash. Going to 3F will cancel the Background Storage.

-Have your game crash and then start it up again.  If you then Bombrod again in ToH up to 5F/and above and then fall, when the screen starts moving back to 3F, it will be more glitched. It also does this if you cancel a BS and do it again while in ToH.

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2014, 04:52:46 AM »

Are these glitched things perma(like if you saved) or temp?
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #453 on: May 08, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been found already, but I couldn't find any posts on it here so I'll post it anyways.

I found a really easy way to beat Eastern Palace before Sanctuary. The way you do it is:

1. Get item rental early. Don't buy any items yet though.
2. Go to the Sanctuary to get the sword and go inside to get the Lamp for an item slot.
3. Get hit by an enemy until you die. You'll spawn back in Link's house.
4. Now buy the Bow and Tornado Rod and go complete EP.

Doing this causes a few oddities. It seems to be useless so far but I thought I'd post it for any future possibilities.

This is a list of all the oddities I found by doing this.

• After completing Eastern Palace, Ravio's Bracelet won't appear in the Gear menu. You will still be able to Merge though.

• The soldier, along with the gate, will still be at Hyrule Castle. The gate remains closed even through the barrier. Completing HoG and ToH doesn't change anything.

• Everywhere remains misty,with Hyrule Castle being an exception. Even after getting the Master Sword, everything stays misty. The music will change though. Merging makes the mist disappear but it will come back after un-merging
  • All the post-Eastern Palace enemies will appear. Irene will also work like normal.
  • Blacksmith's Wife will start searching for Gulley although he still remains at their house.
  • When you pick up the Pouch, no 'acquiring item' animation plays for it. The Pouch won't appear in the Gear menu or add another slot.  Gulley's mom will appear but no cutscene will activate. She'll remain in that spot and you will not be able to speak to her.
  • There will then be 3 Blacksmith's Wives. One in the house like normal. One outside of the house after getting the Pouch. (This one will look worried and will cry like when Gulley's missing. Oddly though, she will say the same dialogue she says in the house). The last one is where you found the Pouch.

• All the houses remain locked in Kakariko Village.
  • "Woman" stays in her same spot and "Papa" is also there. They will walk through each others bodies.

• "Street Merchant" will not sell anything but will still sell the Smooth Gem. Even with the Smooth Gem (which is purchasable), he still says his shop is closed.

• Fortune-Teller won't give you the Hint Glasses until you've gone through Sanctuary.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #454 on: May 09, 2014, 05:56:07 AM »

What happens if you buy an item?
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #455 on: May 09, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »

Yeah, this was actually one of the first things tested after PGS was found. It just wasn't recorded here in the forums or site, I guess.
As you noticed, it wasn't useful because the castle is still closed. It's still one of the glitches I recommend people doing because of how funny the game gets =p (and to make them understand exactly why we can't skip sanc if they suggest it)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2014, 05:24:14 AM »

I just wish there was a way to get the lantern or another way to be able to use items. It be interesting to do a swordless/default sword run through the entire game.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #457 on: May 11, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »

I'm not sure the combo...but when glitchers got this item too early, it just disappeared forever.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #458 on: May 12, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »

What happens if you buy an item?

Actually, the only thing you can buy is the Smooth Gem. He won't sell anything until the Sanctuary is completed. But buying the Smooth Gem acts like normal. You can purchase it and go complete House of Gales.

I'm not sure the combo...but when glitchers got this item too early, it just disappeared forever.

Ya, the Pouch appears after beating Eastern Palace. But when you go pick it up, nothing happens. So, if Sanctuary was able to be skipped at some point, it means the Pouch would never be used Sad I can see it being pretty annoying only having one item slot throughout the entire game

Yeah, this was actually one of the first things tested after PGS was found. It just wasn't recorded here in the forums or site, I guess.
As you noticed, it wasn't useful because the castle is still closed. It's still one of the glitches I recommend people doing because of how funny the game gets =p (and to make them understand exactly why we can't skip sanc if they suggest it)

It's a shame it can't be skipped Tongue I was really hoping the game would just get rid of that soldier at the gate like it does with the other ones. It's almost like Nintendo planned it so it would never be skippable lol.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »

Wow! Very interesting glitch! Can it be used for anything?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #460 on: May 14, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »

Wow! Very interesting glitch! Can it be used for anything?
Viskiv tried it on Sanctuary end, entering first Lorule cutscene and exiting Eastern Palace. Nothing useful came out of it yet, but there might be some more testing around possible to see more effects/oddities.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #461 on: May 16, 2014, 07:05:31 AM »

Do you have to be in a different screen?
Have you tried it during the final boss fights?
Lots of text speeches there.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #462 on: May 16, 2014, 04:51:24 PM »

We tested around, nothing useful found. Fairy seems to be useless; she revives you and you're put back in the cutscene.
Doing before Yuganon fight gives you a game over with the boss sound playing on game over screen (I didn't try this one though, just read); doing after Yuganon fights makes you die at sacred realm, and you're sent back to your house. You'd need to fight Yuganon again if you go back to the castle.
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #463 on: May 16, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

Please tell me you guys aren't talking about bombing yourself into loading zones to die. I found a cutscene skip by doing that that may save around 10-15 seconds in the run. I won't say what I did though cause I don't want to find out that someone already discovered it.
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #464 on: May 17, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »

Well it's not really helping anyone if you don't say what it is. It doesn't really matter who found it.

And generally if a trick is found, and the forums are working, it can be found here.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: