ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:10:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617065 times)
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2014, 02:05:55 AM »

Um. You've been able to reach ToH early for ages. Just position yourself right at the edge of a hole (I think it's somewhat specific), when the rock comes and hits you it'll throw you over the gap. You need to do it 3 times though, so you either need 4 hearts, a bottle with healing, or you need to throw a pot over the first gap and make a heart drop there.
This is right. I remember someone saying it was possible to make it up there without merge not long after PGS was found, so I tried it myself and made it. The method to cross a gap is to face the north wall and run "into it", and then tilt the stick slightly towards the gap when a boulder gets close, so that it hits you and boosts you to the other side. Like Road said, you need to do it 3 times. What I personally did was get 4 heart pieces (IIRC, that one cave in Kakariko, the one in Swamp cave, and the two just south of Eastern Palace (with TRod, Bombs and Hammer). You can also get a bottle, but for that you will need to do Flippers Early since the only available bottle before Easter Palace is the one from the Bird Man under the bridge. You can NOT do the pot strat though, as (from my experience) the pots will never give you a heart if you're already at full health. Once you made it past the final gap, you can easily finish the climb. Simply jump down to that ledge that leads to and heart piece after the last cave, and from there you can enter another cave that exits just beside ToH.

This is useless anyway, because you can't even get past the first room in ToH without merge. (Or the 2nd room in HoG, for that matter.)

EDIT: You could take half a heart of damage before entering the game to allow hearts to spawn from pots. oops

EDIT2: This whole post is a mess, carry on.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:51:43 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2014, 03:38:48 AM »

Useless or not, is there a video of it?
If not, how hard is it to do?
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2014, 04:11:37 AM »

I'd like to start off by introducing myself, I'm wastedweek and I've been following this topic for sometime now. I've taken a serious interest in finding glitches and series breaks in ALBW and as such decided to start an account to join in with discussions. Unfortunatly it took sometime for my account to be accepted for some reason. One of the main glitches that got me interested was the Village Merge warp glitch, I actually uploaded a video the day someone else annouced it on here, although I go about doing it slightly different. Anyway, hopefully I can contribute to current findings and discussions. Smiley

Useless or not, is there a video of it?
If not, how hard is it to do?

Here you go king,
http://youtu.be/_BR2dQbzbGE
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2014, 06:20:53 AM »

Hi wastedweek! Smiley Welcome to ZSR! I'm sure you'll help break down this game with us!

------------------------------------------

Tonight I was messing around with the statues in the rising pillars section of Lorule Castle hoping to find a skip, and I did find something really interesting.

I brought over some of the gargoyle statues to where the big spiked ball comes out and started testing stuff out there. I found some stuff that looks promising and could potentially lead to a major skip.

I ended up making this setup where you can t-rod underneath the ball and land on the statue on the right and enter that hole.

You can walk into it and surprisingly, there is a ceiling and even a back wall inside you can merge on.

It's possible to walk on top of the ball only if you hold out your shield for some reason.

While testing with all this stuff, Link always came close to landing on the top ledge. There is also so many different combinations to do using all the different statues in different spots and so on. I even managed to get the ball the land on Link which had him inside after. (I couldn't remember what I did though lol) I didn't get to test very long as I found this as I was about to go to bed, but I you guys should mess around with this. I'm really hoping this can be used to skip all of the castle

RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2014, 08:15:27 AM »

So it turns out you can skip Irene's Bell entirely.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlOoX93Kg

It's really easy too, all you gotta do is get Flippers Early (lol....................................................................) and avoid Irene triggers in the Hyrule Overworld. Climbing down Ice Cave is a royal pain. I need sleep. Low% is a terrible category.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »

Low% would have a rough time with this, since I see no use for speedruns.
That statue glitch looks interesting.

Hmm, I wonder if statue collision and enemy collision can work the same.

Let's take this glitch here for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66HBnBac7Qs
What if the statue that was touching the poles was an enemy, and you pulled the statue like in the video.
If the enemy fell ontop of you, would you fall through the ground?  If not, would you if you didn't take damage from the enemy?

Something to think about.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2014, 01:48:39 PM »

I thought we had this one known for months by now. Like, when we originally tried to find a way to skip the trial (And which was found way later, of course)

KingOfHeart brings an interesting point. I wonder if the ball could be used to clip through ground by the same strategy as in Thieves'? I think it's pretty unlikely that it would actually bear anything of worth though. Just something to think about.

Well, while here, I might as well drop the ice cube clip I found at Ice Ruins earlier.

All you need to do is have the moving platform come down from above (I think you need to be by the wall) and it should clip you through. Unfortunately, not useful since you could hit the switch, but the switch is needed to turn the platform on.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »

I'm not sure if the spiked ball thing was already found, but if not, I'll test to possibly clip through a wall or something if the ball lands on you in a corner. This spot is just so glitchy that it would be disappointing if it wasn't possible to do anything there. xD
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

Well I just did the Bell glitch myself. Not super hard to do I learned.
I tested in the first room heading North in the "house of gales".
I'm guessing when you do this glitch, Link automatically walks forward before falling, because at first I thought I had to manually walk to fall, but on the second test I noticed none of the controls responded and I fell.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »

Just wondering, are these videos known? O.o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQ2zfPM7V8&list=UUE27nkA1cDVHDbe9HsWrz3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB2877mTXtI&list=UUE27nkA1cDVHDbe9HsWrz3g

They were made about a week ago but I'm not sure if anybody knows about them. AJC868 found a way to do the Desert Palace skip without the portal clip. He does a bomb boost up on to the cliff (which I didn't know was possible actually). It is definitely faster than the moblin set up/portal clip and It also makes Sand Rod skippable (although I'm guessing it would make the boss fight slower. Also is perfect for Low%). I noticed nobody has done this in a run yet

EDIT:Using that bomb boost to get up on ledges, I was able to do it here too (although useless)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:26:08 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:32 PM »

Weegee, I at least did a lot of stuff with the spiked ball, including most of what was shown here. I don't think I ever stood on the ball though.

Those videos... yeah, we saw them a bit back when we accidentally found the newest one he had at the time (Thieves' BK skip, which led to being useful)

After we realized Sand Rod and Scroll can be skipped in low% now, we went to test what would happen if we did Thieves' last (This was an option before too. No one just thought of it), and that ended with us skipping Triforce of Courage. I doubt anyone will do it in a run though, since it's somewhat marginal in saved time, and it's really hard, failing means like a minute of time lost. It's kinda like doing Rosso's Ore skip. You can do it like 4 seconds faster with Bomb Boost, but it's just not worth the risk.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »

Ah ok Tongue Well maybe one day when a TAS gets made, we'll be able to see those Bomb Boosts get put to use! lol
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »

I think I will do some timings of whether doing Thieves last is actually faster considering you need to get Skull Woods ore.

Not sure what I should really time, though. Probably the length of the triforce cutscene, length of desert segment, getting skull woods ore (or just the whole dungeon because in the current route you have lv2 MS), not getting thieves ore, and getting rupees elsewhere (100 in kak, there's a 100 and a 50 in hera that only take like 10-15 seconds each)

I don't see what would be difficult about it though... How hard is fighting zaganaga without sand rod? You just use bow and bombs, right?

Also RIP low% lol

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2014, 09:41:58 PM »

Other then not buying the Sandrod, I don't see a reason to change temple order.

edit: How did he make the bomb explode early?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:44:55 PM by KingOfHeart » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »

I think I will do some timings of whether doing Thieves last is actually faster considering you need to get Skull Woods ore.

Not sure what I should really time, though. Probably the length of the triforce cutscene, length of desert segment, getting skull woods ore (or just the whole dungeon because in the current route you have lv2 MS), not getting thieves ore, and getting rupees elsewhere (100 in kak, there's a 100 and a 50 in hera that only take like 10-15 seconds each)

I don't see what would be difficult about it though... How hard is fighting zaganaga without sand rod? You just use bow and bombs, right?

Also RIP low% lol

Zaganaga fight without the Sand Rod is pretty damn long. Bow does 2 damage, Sword Beams (Tempered) do 1.5, and bombs do 3 (although I'm pretty sure you can't use those. He never went to the north platform when i fought it without Sand Rod) Assuming you don't get hit at all (which isn't too bad once you know where to place yourself), you can spam Sword Beams when he's on the right platform, and Bow when he's on the left and south ones. Thing is, you quickly run out of energy for the bow (especially if he keeps going back and forth between left and south), and you can't jump in the sand to refill it or you'll lose your beams. He has a bit over 150 HP.

Outside of that, getting Master Ore in Skull is a bit over 40 seconds I think. Then you'd have to get ~ 250 extra rupees before Lorule for Fire Rod Ice Rod and Hookshot. You would also have to add some more overworld movement due to not getting the tempered sword on the way to Skull, but after it. Also + 20 seconds if you decide to get Energy Scroll to have some more energy for the Zaganaga fight / not have to deal with stupid bomb boost.

You can time everything if you want, but I highly doubt doing Thieves last would be faster.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: