ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:59:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616284 times)
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »

It's a possibility, though we haven't found a place to do the glitch in thieves town yet. I tried in a few random places and didn't find anything.
But first we need to be sure that we can really enter a house while merging. While it's true that you move around fast, Link may very well ignore every screen transition while doing so.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2014, 06:39:16 PM »

Like Anwonu said, it doesn't seem to work in Theives' Town at all. So it looks like the merge warp glitch only will work in certain locations. I still wonder what causes this glitch to work in only these specific locations?
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

Maybe there are screen borders, and certain objects have to be located at these borders.
Closest theory I can come up with.
FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2014, 12:27:09 AM »

So it turns out you can talk to people and watch certain cutscenes without this glitch being disabled. I tried to see if there was a faster way to do the smooth gem/pegasus boots visit to kakariko (walk to where shady guy is, store merge, walk to store, buy smooth gem, merge glitch back to shady guy, get pegasus boots) but it turns out buying from the store does cancel the glitch. Theres a possiblility there might be some use for it in 100% but unless someone finds out this is possible in another area, it doesnt seem like this is useful yet.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »

Store = Chest script? If not, maybe try opening a chest next.

How do you talk to people? So far anyone I talked to disabled the glitch
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:14:24 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #350 on: March 12, 2014, 01:22:10 AM »

All I did was store the merge and as long as they were within the magic rectangles I could talk to people and the merge would still appear on the borders. I tried it with the shopkeeper and the shady guy and both worked.

As far as testing it on a chest, I'm not sure where the best place to test it would be given  the options. The only place i can think of is the boss key chest in theives hideout.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2014, 03:21:07 AM »

Well, I did manage to talk to someone and still get the merge icon.
After merging all over town, I learned there's a lot of borders in town.

I'll update anwou image.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2014, 04:00:25 AM »

Well, I did manage to talk to someone and still get the merge icon.
After merging all over town, I learned there's a lot of borders in town.

I'll update anwou image.
This is what we've come up with as of now.

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2014, 04:20:00 AM »

Yep, that's what I came up with you.

I wonder what all these areas have in common.

edit: Useless glitch I found.
Anyone see that glitch where you merge with a fall and fall off a cliff and it takes you to the last X/Y?
Well I noticed if you walk against a mergable wall and then fall off a cliff, it will place you further back.
Try it in the ghost town and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:33:45 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2014, 11:00:05 PM »

Well, I basically want to confirm that it's not possible to use a merge warp to clip through things Sad

Testing in Lorule Castle on the walls around the boss door, I found out that Link may not be moving super fast and clipping through things. He might just be teleporting to where the merge was stored. Either that or his body won't react to loading zones while clipping as he is currently in the merging animation.

Standing at the red dot to store a merge and using an item to walk near the black dot and then merging at the black dot, Link teleports to the wall or does not enter the loading zone if he is clipping. The loading zone for that door is really close to the entrance, meaning you don't have to walk far in to the doorway to go to the next area so this basically confirms that no matter what, something won't allow him to clip or enter loading zones if he is.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:03:08 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2014, 02:33:32 AM »

In a sense, I wish you didn't confirm it.
Was fun to imagine.

Also, there hasn't been any warping that I know of other then portals where link is sideways.

Another thing we could try testing.
Merge on one side of a building directly across from a portal, and try warping then. See if you end up getting transported to the dark/light world.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:37:30 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »

So, using a Vulture, bomb-boosting and move+T-Rod, I got up this portal in desert.

Couldn't find a way to do anything  useful with it though (I originally recalled you could've reached the Boss Portal with this, but nope). You can walk around the place pretty freely though, and even falling OoB puts you back on top.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »

Wow, that's sweet!

I tried this before but could never get inside the portal. How did you get the vulture to clip you inside?

Can you also walk to the desert palace from there and drop down near the portal?

EDIT: Got in and noticed that it's not possible to walk to the Desert Palace lol
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:16:18 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2014, 01:40:03 AM »

Well, here's two more probably useless glitches I found:
Crash the Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyIBkNmyZ-Q
Merge Sideways into a Wall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNIKC_z8AI
The latter I have only tested in Yuganon boss room. Probably works in Yuga 2 boss room, but not sure.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2014, 12:46:56 AM »

The crashing by soft resetting on a screen transition was known. I don't remember who discovered it though.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: