ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:05:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616299 times)
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2014, 02:01:29 AM »

I think I might explode.... Lips sealed  Roll Eyes  Shocked
Tell me I'm the first to discover what I dub animation storage just 30 minutes ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1UXyEi7w0
Everything i know about it so far is in the desc. I might upload another video where i use it in another area. Oh...my...gosh. Shocked I never saw another video on it, so...
Jeez, I'm like SUPA hyped. I just can't contain it.  Shocked  Grin
Edit: THE GLITCH HAS A USE. I repeat, the glitch has a use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSsSZIbegQ
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:58:30 AM by Powerstar9 » Logged

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2014, 03:29:34 AM »

Very nice find Powerstar!  Shocked Anwonu and Viskiv timed it and said it saves roughly 40 seconds over saving the Turtles. (And even more if you're like me and keep falling off the Turtle pile when trying to reach the entrance the normal way. Tongue )
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2014, 04:33:49 AM »

Dude!! Grin That's amazing!!! I can't believe how nice of a find this is!! Cheesy

Man, I was trying to find a way into Turtle Rock without getting the turtles for SOO long. Congrats on the awesome find! Hope we can all find some new skips with this Wink
FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2014, 04:49:04 AM »

So I know many people have been looking for other uses for this glitch and I think I may have found one. In the boomerang puzzle room at the hyrule counterpart of swamp palace, the game says you need the boomerang and the hookshot. With this glitch you can complete the puzzle without either of them; all you need is the upgraded ice rod. Now I know many you probably don't care about an optional puzzle room that you don't even need to complete in 100% but a find is a find i guess.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2014, 04:57:55 AM »

So I found this a few hours ago but I now realize it was the animation storage I used without even knowing it xD

Think it's possible in any way to get up on the ledge?

EDIT: I also found the quickest way up to Turtle Rock. (makes sense lol)

You don't have to freeze the lava and can go in right away.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:13:22 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2014, 05:14:30 AM »

So I know many people have been looking for other uses for this glitch and I think I may have found one. In the boomerang puzzle room at the hyrule counterpart of swamp palace, the game says you need the boomerang and the hookshot. With this glitch you can complete the puzzle without either of them; all you need is the upgraded ice rod. Now I know many you probably don't care about an optional puzzle room that you don't even need to complete in 100% but a find is a find i guess.
That could be useful for a bingo route involving collecting treasure chests or completing all the "treasure hunt" dungeons.
So I found this a few hours ago but I now realize it was the animation storage I used without even knowing it xD

Think it's possible in any way to get up on the ledge?
I haven't tested storage much with that dungeon. Maybe it's possible to skip BK. Idk.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2014, 05:25:09 AM »

I tried some stuff in the Swamp Palace, but it seems you don't gain enough height to climb up one "water level". You can get on top of some useless chests where you would normally use a wooden raft and the hookshot to navigate. I personally haven't been able to use an item during the "fake jump" though.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2014, 05:35:22 AM »

I decided to try this under the bridge with the bird lover just for fun. I managed to get behind the rocks!

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2014, 05:42:42 AM »

Huh. I tried doing that on those rocks in my first vid, but there seemed to be some invisible wall or something that puts me right back into the water.

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »

Ok, I'm gonna put down what I know about the glitch so far here so that if someone wants to add it to the page, they can just copy/paste this. Tongue

Theory: When Link goes over to a dock, the game checks its collision data and gets Link's "climbing" animation so that he'll get on top of it. However, if Link touches the dock and doesn't keep moving towards it, the game still thinks that Link is going to get on top anyway and ignores the collision data from other walls or objects in the water, storing the animation. Because of this, any wall or object Link runs into while in the water will cause him to go into his "climbing" animation.

In order to activate it, you have to make Link swim over to a dock or other climbable spot in the water w/o getting on top of it. This can be accomplished by swimming close to it and letting go of the circle pad so that Link floats to it or by just pressing b to dash to it. Now just turn away from the dock and go to the desired wall or object u want to climb on. Link will automatically jump once he touches it. You can use Link's hair as a visual to check if you are touching the dock. [Insert screenshot with Link touching the dock here]

This glitch will deactivate if:
You press A or B
You get hit by an enemy
You leave the screen
You swim onto land

With this glitch, it is possible to enter Turtle Rock without have to rescue the turtles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSsSZIbegQ
Faster way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziv46tc-Rg0

Abbreviations and Slang:
AS
Water Jump
Water Hop
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:19:36 PM by Powerstar9 » Logged

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »

One strange thing happened when I was using this. Most of the time it doesn't work when doing the glitch and then going to a flat piece of land that Link simply will walk onto. But one time he did the jump randomly when I touched the land. So I wonder if there's a certain way to get it to work there all the time or if it's random?
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »

One strange thing happened when I was using this. Most of the time it doesn't work when doing the glitch and then going to a flat piece of land that Link simply will walk onto. But one time he did the jump randomly when I touched the land. So I wonder if there's a certain way to get it to work there all the time or if it's random?
It's probably random. I tried it myself, and it never seems to work for me. Perhaps you're approaching the flat land at an angle?

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »

Cool new glitch find. We were looking for a good use for a while for this.
You can't use this glitch to enter the other exit for the lava dungeon, right?

Hmm, what other animations could we store I wonder.
So far swimming and merging both have some kind of storage system.

Could we find a way to store a leap? How about an item animation?

Something to theorize for now.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »

I was actually kind of hoping it would be possible for other animation storages. A leap storage would be pretty darn useful!

Well, time to search for other animation storaging!  Grin
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2014, 11:24:15 PM »

I noticed that when link moves in the water, his animation doesnt change. Its the same as if he was just floating there. So i assume that if u want to store an animation, u would have to be using that animation constantly (ex running, slashing, whatever)
Then again, i believe there are certain conditions that must be met in order for the animation to activate. For example, certain ledges allow u to jump off of them, and some don't. To jump off a leapable ledge, u have to run off of it. If u  want to use the "jump" animation, you're gonna have to find some way to run over to the leapable ledge AND keep running at the same speed to find another spot to use the animation on. This is just hypothesis, and i highly doubt it would work because the game has different collision data for other objects in the game.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: