ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:40:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616311 times)
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2014, 02:30:41 AM »

Has anyone tried this: Sand Rod north (the pillars you'd need to enter Desert Palace), then dash northwest to try to reach the ledge by the first dungeon exit.  It seems I've gotten really close several times, but I have no idea if it's possible nor if anyone tried it. But if it's possible, then it should mean skipping the first half of desert palace, and Titan's Mitts skip.
I've attempted this as well a few weeks ago, and never could pull it off. It's sad because you can get soooo close. Sad
kirbymastah
Regular Guay

« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2014, 02:31:43 AM »

Well something to note as well, if you stun a vulture with hookshot, stand beside it, then tornado rod just before it moves again, you'll get hit by it. Then it seems like Link is in the air before landing for a split second; could be useful?
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2014, 03:46:36 AM »

^ if you just miss the dash, can you get hit by a vulture before falling?

edit: someone used a Vulture to get up the first set up steps. It's theoretically possible to do the same glitch to go up the left side of the stairs(west of the weather vane).
You could try dashing from there. Same distance, but you're slightly higher.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:07:33 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Hydrosine
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »

Utterly useless, but wanted to share it with you anyway Smiley

You can use the walking guard around kakariko to get yourself pushed on the hedges in combination with the Tornado rod.
It's quite easy when you find out the right timing.
Thomas
Deku Scrub

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2014, 06:40:43 AM »

^ if you just miss the dash, can you get hit by a vulture before falling?

edit: someone used a Vulture to get up the first set up steps. It's theoretically possible to do the same glitch to go up the left side of the stairs(west of the weather vane).
You could try dashing from there. Same distance, but you're slightly higher.

I already tried this, and managed to get on the edge where the stairs are but you slide down it like a cliff, you can test what link can and can't stand on by using a bomb, if it slides down, you can't stand on it.
Also while trying to find a way around this I found that some items work weirdly when you slide down something.
http://i.imgur.com/6xpYmQ2.png
Basicly, because you can't get pushed up on the railing of those stairs, I make the buzzard push me down. and I use the tornado rod while sliding.
That causes link to keep sliding while the effects stay in place.
It seems like there isn't a way to get past areas that make you slide.

Also I noticed that this gap that you are normally meant to merge to get across can be jumped over if you a heading south, but you can't make the jump if you go north. I think it's something they scripted into that area, but maybe not.
http://i.imgur.com/ObTb4Zv.png
Koizata
Deku Scrub

« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2014, 07:58:32 AM »

lol that jump i found that out on the japanese trailer of the game lol xD
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »

I lack some skill, and wanted to either clip through the door or get on the roof of the Kissing Lady's house.
I got close but kept running out of stamina.

1. I attack the chicken til he gets mad and calls his friends.
2. I used the Wind Rod to get up in hopes to get on the roof or clip through, no luck so far.
3. During mid flight I die and use a fairy. I heard you can use the windrod in mid air like this, but when I always have no stamina left Sad

So anyone skilled enough to try this? If you get on the roof, this might come in handy for other places(depending on the enemies in the area)
If you clip through the door, then W00t!
UndeadFil
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »

Just whoring out some findings of mine. A few small timesavers but still...

- In Eastern Palace, you can kill all 3 Stalfos at once using a pot. You have to get lucky and have them all run after you at once, get hit, then grab a pot and get hit again. Doesn't save much time though.

- In House of Gales, you can clear the antifairies room by dropping one single bomb at the right spot, and using the Tornado Rod. It's probably one second better than killing two with a bomb and the third one with the sword.

- When climbing Death Mountain, in the first boulder room, use a bomb to break the first one, merge to avoid the other two, merge again upstairs to cross the gap and use another bomb and dash left. Bombing rocks is obviously better than merging to avoid them, because the game temporarily freezes when you merge.

- In Tower of Hera, use the bow for the first hit of the boss fight. That does just as much damage as a sword spin, so you only need two spins and a regular slash to finish the job. It could save time if you are really good at boss fights.

- For the Armos skip in Hyrule Castle, when you are about to switch rooms, walk slowly so you'll get in the stairs loading zone immediately as you enter the room.

- In Skull Woods, when you have to walk on narrow paths and avoid Gibdos and Baris, use the lamp on them to burn them or to knock them back.

Hold on for more later.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2014, 05:14:41 AM »

Sequence Break, Early Zora Flippers(need testing)

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg26358#msg26358

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/seqbreak/item-rental-early

So using the item rental early glitch and using the wind rod, you can get to the Zora's place right away. What is unknown, is if the thief will steal the item properly and the seller in kakariko village will sell the item.

Anyone want to test quick?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2014, 06:11:01 AM »

Sequence Break, Early Zora Flippers(need testing)

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg26358#msg26358

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/seqbreak/item-rental-early

So using the item rental early glitch and using the wind rod, you can get to the Zora's place right away. What is unknown, is if the thief will steal the item properly and the seller in kakariko village will sell the item.

Anyone want to test quick?
Am I missing something? Yes you can get on that ledge using the Tornado Rod, but you still need to merge after that. Plus, you need the Energy Scroll to make it all the way there.

Anyway, Anwonu (? I think it was him) managed to boost himself past the little gap near the Witch's House (where you would usually merge to reach the Zora River) using a bee. So yes, Flippers early are possible, if you can boost yourself with a bee, go see the Shady Guy fleeing, deathwarp, get 200 rupees, buy the Smooth Gem, boost yourself with a bee again, get the Flippers and finally deathwarp again. Most probably not worth it. Tongue

That being said, I should actually update that page to mention it is possible to reach the Zoras without merging, but "useless" to do so. Maybe make a Flippers early page.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2014, 06:42:09 AM »

Ooh a bee.
For fun it's worth it.
It doesn't work with bombs, right?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »

Ooh a bee.
For fun it's worth it.
It doesn't work with bombs, right?
Boosting yourself with bombs seems like a nightmare/impossible in this game, from the way the programmed them.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:38 AM »

Took practice and luck(especially those many many times where a bee never showed) but I got the flippers early.

Hopefully I'm decent enough because I want to record it.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »

I showed on stream, but I wasn't the one that discovered it.
http://www.twitch.tv/5311216gnik/c/3643862
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »

I'm still making my own version Wink
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: