ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: ST Research and discovery thread  (Read 76561 times)
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »

Possibly old but:

* When you activate a warp gate, you have to whislte through the gate so that the other gate (where you come out from) is fully functional.

* You have to meet Linebeck III to trigger the bridge worker's help when trying to fix the bridge at Ocean Land/Realm.

* When you go and get the bridge worker, go to the Tower of Spirits and exit by taking the Snow path.

The Captain of Blin Pirates has around 1940 HP, that's roughly 97 hits from a Recruit Sword Spin attack.
I couldn't get an accurate amount as some single attacks did more than 1 hit, sometimes losing count. Main thing is that he has the highest HP count in the entire game.

On Tower of Spirit 4 (Warp Phantom debut), there are 3 good spots to KO warp. I know a good route and it takes around 14 minutes long to clear the segment.

------------------------------------------------

I've found some cool mini time savers like:
* A good route for the 3 Keys to Mountain Temple
* Tower of Spirits 5 strats, a small time saver in the lava room, etc.
* Defeating Capbone first phase very quickly and defeating his second phase in 1 cycle Cheesy
* Saving the game before the 'warp panel' trigger saves a good amount of time for segmented runs (save warping especially).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:35:09 PM by Greenalink » Logged

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »

Yesterday I messed around with that heart meter glitch in ST and I think that glitch will only work if you have under three hearts. Like 2 or something. 3 hearts doesn't work. And to get it work you need pick up that one heart from ground immediately after you drink that potion. You can pick it up later too but then game doesn't crash.

I tested lot of stuff but only interesting thing what I found was when that freeze is about to happen. If you press "start" to bring up save menu. When you try to save or make any selections it doesn't have sounds. Nothing interesting thought.

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »

I've finished testing Tower of Spirits 6, it lasts around 25 minutes in average to clear it. It does involve some luck both the early and middle parts of the run. The last main floor I worked out a tactic that works pretty well for the Warp Phantom Floor puzzle.

- With Flame-

Before lighting up the flames, go south and shoot an arrow at the Black Wreaking phantom, it distracts him and makes a gap during a search which makes it easier for the Warp Phantom phase. After the flames are lit, lure a Phantom Eye ASAP and go to the right, then shoot some arrows at a wall to lure the Warp Phantom, making himself vulnerable to Link's next attack.

-With Warp-

Hopefully by now you should keep your Warp Phantom idle and then wait til the Phantom eye is halfway through the room. This is when you go across and then down (by those 2 flame pillars) . Go to the west side of the room and then go to the right and you should meet up with the Phantom eye. Bait him and go across the sand and use the Warp Phantom to warp right next to Link. Activate both floor switches.

-Getting Wreaking-

Eventually both Flame and Wreaking Phantoms will revive after sinking into the sand. Stun the Flame Phantom and wait til the Wreaking Phantom has gone south enough to be vulnerable to Link's attacks. Spin attack the Flame Phantom if he is about to recover. Now stun the Wreaking Phantom and transfer Zelda into her last body.

-With Wreaking-

Go to the very middle, south of the map and draw a Wreaking route that should:
* Stun both Basic and Warp Phantoms
* Destroy the stationary Armos statues.
 You need to do this very quickly or else the Flame Phantom will spot you and ruin your plans.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

I have keep glitching ST little bit now and I have found little boost glitch from game some time ago. But I tought it would be useless. I'm still saying and maybe it have some use in future if it get modified somehow. I found little use it to too but it's still useless glitch tought. With it you can get top on one of those bushes in hyrule castle, where you need help zelda escape from castle. It's useless because link will slide off top of bushes Tongue

Okay all you need to do is place bomb on ground near edge and then place yourself near of the bomb. Then roll to the edge when bomb is about to explode. Link must be little bit on air and your roll must be starting too. End of to roll doesn't work. Because link less speed end of the roll. So when bomb explode in air and you have speed of roll to compined with bomb you can travel long distance with it. But only problem is that link doesn't jump. Maybe with little more testing link would jump and we could have megajump or something lol. I need to video of it later to you guys and then you can really see what is going on. It would be usefull if ledge is downwards from where you are jumping. Because this boost take link much futher than normal jump even with roll. Maybe works on PH too Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
Onimyst
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »

Oh hai, I'm new Smiley.

I found a way to clip through the wall with an arrow pod. However as soon as link falls through the wall, you can't move or open menu's afaik and he just appears where he fell, and I've only gotten this to work in one corner so far.

So if you're interested I'll give a short text description, since I doubt you'll like to watch a video from a 2.0mp camera phone...

1) Go to the 18F of the Spirit Tower.
2) Run directly to 19F.
3) Directly to your right (not Link's) you can see two pots in the corner - that's where you should place an arrow pod, right in the corner of the wall.
4) Continue to the right and pick up the arrow pod and place it in that spot from 3).
5) You can now either:

-hit the pod, with and item or the sword allowing you to run through the pod for a short space of time or
  -run into the corner whilst carrying the pod and drop it on yourself

6)Now Link will be banging into the wall and whatnot, or getting forced out of the pod.
7)You can change the direction Link's facing easily using the whip, try and face opposite the corner of the wall.
8)Eventually, if you find the right angle (it's hard to explain and produce effectively) Link will clip through the wall. Link just loses half a heart and respawns where he fell Sad.

I found out something different: the low health animation changes Links stance and how he acts when you try the glitch. I managed to get Link to clip through the wall whilst running into the corner, instead of facing it this way.

MAYBE, if you can get it working on another wall, it could trigger going up or down a staircase - so a possible Boss Key skip lols, but I forgot which dungeons actually have these arrow pods.

I'm gonna try get far enough on an emu, and see if I can do it on that whilst recording. Also, sorry if the descriptions a bit hard to follow or whatever Tongue.

So ya, I just wanted to share this with you guys, to see if anyone was interested.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:47:03 PM by Onimyst » Logged
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »

That is intresting glitch indeed. That claim that too there is hope we can have trought wall clip glitch in ST. I thought it would not be possible because you cannot even clip inside of walls with hurricane spin and that attack have great speed. And it works like in PH. Still great work with this Onimyst! Keep going! Grin

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »

I got the glitch to work from Onimyst's instructions. Good work.

I know why it only works in that area.

1. The pots can force you out sort of like the Arrow pods but unlike the arrow pots they cannot be moved around without being destroyed (picking them up & throwing, etc). This makes it awkward for Link to zip out so he may go Out of Bounds.

2. Because the arrow pods can be moved without lifting (like using a phantom to 'move' them by rolling or respawning from falling into a pit) it's not possible for Link to go Out of Bounds.
* Although this is early attempts, maybe one person can get it to work by other setups.

I tried doing it with those wooden nuts and I couldn't get it to work even though they function very similar to pots.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
Onimyst
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »

I managed to get it to work with another wall <3. There were no pots around too Smiley.

It's weird, with the low health animation on, I walked into another corner and tried some of the stuff mentioned in my previous post and didn't get anything to work. But then, you use the whip in this situation, it will allow you to quickly roll, so I did that and straight after used a spin attack and Link went OoB. I did this really fast, while running into the corner and haven't been able to reproduce it yet. It might be that the spin attack didn't affect it, and that it was random but I'm not sure yet.

Maybe the erractic behaviour of Link in this situation, combined with the spin attack will let you clip through certain things. I don't know yet Tongue.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:55:21 PM by Onimyst » Logged
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 09:07:14 PM »

I managed to get it to work with another wall <3. There were no pots around too

That's cool, did you use 1 arrow pod or more (to go around the cornered pod)?

--------------------

During the main playthrough, you encounter these arrow pods in:

* Mountain Temple (4th dungeon): there isn't an ideal place to skip a puzzle because there isn't any good corner spots to go OoB.

* Tower of Spirits 5 (Wreaking Phantom debut), the third Tears of Light, the lava room puzzle and the room after using the first key. The problem is that with Zelda processing a Phantom it's awkard to progress as she needs to be by the same stairway Link is going to enter.

* Tower of Spirits 6 (The stupidly long visit), the huge room with 3 sections, each containing a giant eye. The main door is in the middle section and there isn't a Phantom Eye inbetween the door and the stairway. :/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:44:06 PM by Greenalink » Logged

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
Onimyst
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »

I only used one arrow pod. It was just me, the arrow pod, and the wall hehe.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »

Onimyst- How did you do that first trick when you cliped in wall? you just placed arrow pod next to jars? because I got it work once when I breaked last bottle in corner and placed arrow pod there where jar was. Then I just walked right and got trought of wall. I just started think it would maybe work on any corner if we can it to work. Idk if that anohter jar have something to do with it. This needs more testing thought Smiley

And btw I think link didn't go trhought of wall. I think he will go trought of floor when he is kind of jumping on corner. That would make sense and it seems arrow pod is pushing you downwards as I think. I'm not sure about this but it's only my oppinion.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:37:18 AM by Kazooie » Logged

Onimyst
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2010, 11:01:29 AM »

And btw I think link didn't go trhought of wall. I think he will go trought of floor when he is kind of jumping on corner. That would make sense and it seems arrow pod is pushing you downwards as I think. I'm not sure about this but it's only my oppinion.

Yeah, I think you're right about that Kazooie. Also I managed to get the glitch to work without any pots around, so it can work in other places.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »

Yeah it should work anywhere where arrow pods are. I got it work anothter time too but there was pot around then like last time there was too. It's hard to get oob with arrow pod but it's possible. I was somehow on middle of arrow pod with wip and then turned around to the wall and link went trhought floor/wall. So does that middle point of arrow pod have something to do with this glitch or how it supposed to work? I only get it to work sometimes with luck. Not that way I can do it easily again.

Onimyst
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »

Yeah, I've noticed that it happens when you're in the middle of the arrow pod sometimes. Maybe it should be played frame by frame to see if there's any patterns/other clipping possibilities.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2010, 12:18:53 AM »

Faster way to kill mini boss in Ocean Temple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66v7Zy9i1g

Gets rid of the annoying whip he uses.
I posted that strat a while ago -_- but nice to have a vid anyway.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: