ZSR Forums
March 19, 2024, 04:44:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a glitch? / Glitchless RTA runs  (Read 17530 times)
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 06:45:35 AM »

It wasn't unintended though. This mechanic was deliberately put in place to allow jump attacks to reach targets they wouldn't otherwise be able to. It doesn't only work in specific circumstances either. It happens every single time you jump attack while targeting. Watch your speed while jump attacking at a target; it will always depend on where the target is in relation to link.

Of course I wasn't talking about every type of LJA. I was only talking about the high speed ones that let you do sequence breaks, which only work in specific circumstances.

Would anyone really argue that clipping through walls isn't a glitch?

I meant to put that comment on the AG Boss Key early. Sorry.

I don't see how it's anything like pcs. Pcs works because a variable was never set when crouch stabbing.

I was not comparing the technicalities of the trick. I was comparing their ease of unintentionally use. I even said this in the analogy. If you want to say the analogy doesn't work because the two things I compared aren't exactly identical then no analogy ever works.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »

glitchless is dumb; just do any% no ems no cits early

early 2007 strats son

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Skyreon
Deku Scrub

Just another Twilight Princess victim

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »

It isn't needed yes, but the Eldin Bridge Warp point is fairly close to the Hidden Village, which is where you get stuff that I've long forgotten ever since that trade sequence was skipped. The nearest warp I can think of other than that would be the one next to Iza's. Eldin Bridge warp is probably slower though since that one requires 3 warps vs 1 warp to Iza's

58s faster to warp the bridge piece.

WITHOUT BRIDGE
-Gerudo Desert cannon landing to camp = 53s
-HC warp, wolf to HV = 2:17
-HC warp, Epona to Sky Book Statue = 2:18

53s+2:17 = 5:28

WITH BRIDGE
-Gerudo Desert cannon landing to Shadow Beast fight + bridge warp and back to camp = 3:00
-Eldin warp, wolf to HV = 1:00 (probably a bit faster with Epona)
-Eldin warp, wolf to Sky Book Statue = 30s

1min+3min+30s = 4:30
-----
5:28 VS 4:30 = 58s faster w/ bridge

No need to visit Iza at all so that warp location isn't unlocked in the first place

EDIT: Oh there's a sky book page right by Mesa too, so that would save maybe a minute too
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:45:35 PM by Skyreon » Logged

<runnerguy2489> If I would push them next to each other, I think they would be like right next to each other.
SlapTheCat
Deku Scrub

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 05:43:27 PM »

You probably already know this, but I figured I would post it anyway just incase.

Japanese runners on nicovideo did tp glitchless runs quite a long time ago and 7:22:47 was never the wr. I think the current wr (I really don't keep track though) is 6:41:14 by Bane.

Edit: I'm not really sure what ruleset they used but it's probably similar to the oot glitchless rules.
Skyreon
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 08:38:13 AM »

I didn't know of this, thank you for notifying me. Is this info only viewable on nicovideo with an account? I'd love to hear their ruleset

<runnerguy2489> If I would push them next to each other, I think they would be like right next to each other.
SlapTheCat
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »

I didn't know of this, thank you for notifying me. Is this info only viewable on nicovideo with an account? I'd love to hear their ruleset

Lol this is a little late but the TP glitchless time is no longer viewable (because nico only saves them for 1 week even if you have an account)
Skyreon
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »

Lol this is a little late but the TP glitchless time is no longer viewable (because nico only saves them for 1 week even if you have an account)

Yeah I went and checked and couldn't find anything. I tried to PM/send a friend request with a comment to Bane and ask him on Nico but he hasn't replied yet (same with Twitch PM).

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: