ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 06:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Dungeon Rush Mod  (Read 33076 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »

you'll need to update Project64.rdb

However, it seems I need to figure out an update solution for v1.7

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »

This is more exciting than OoT 3D's boss rush. Good work. I'm unfamiliar with wads but I'll look into it (and brick my Wii).

Only thing is, why isn't the Hookshot one of the starting items?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:05:04 PM by Jeville » Logged
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »

Hookshot is obtained at the same time as iron boots in ice cavern which is (in v2 now) the first place you go to as adult so it's not needed before then.

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »

Iron boots are enough of a reason for the Ice Cavern. The Hookshot may not be needed in there, but neither is some of the stuff you start with in the tree. Might as well just have it. I can understand if the Hookshot is being used as a lure for the place since the Iron boots are skippable though, and what became of the Bottom of the Well?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 12:54:29 AM »

In V1 the Hookshot was intentionally put after forest to stop players from performing the Boss Key skip straight away because I didn't realize that skipping the Bow was a hilariously bad thing to do. The chest also takes the place of Sheik, since at the time I was afraid of directly removing actors from maps (I did most everything via hex editor).

V2 was a quick fix, so I didn't even consider making it a starting item.

And what do you mean by "what became of the Bottom of the Well"?

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Mothership_Connection
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 12:56:03 AM »

Thank you so much for making/sharing this. Truly an awesome mod.

Injected it into a WAD, works perfectly on my Wii Smiley

Could you make it so that we have deku sticks in the deku tree? I'm using the infinite sticks cheat for now so it's not a biggie for me anyway.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:04 AM »

Deku Baba

Braid
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 02:33:39 AM »

Great hack! Is it possible to get all the Skulltulas, though? Did you change the Skulltula amount required for all the rewards, seeing how you can get to the House of Skulltulas when you arrive at Ganon's Castle?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 02:40:23 AM »

By my count there are 44 Skulltulas within the accessible dungeons. Only 43 are needed to obtain the reward.

Braid
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »

I just realized that I made the hack a lot harder for myself on my first playthrough because I never got the Goron Bracelet, lol.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 03:36:10 AM »

Sorry for the double post, but is the skulltula reward significant in any way? I wasn't expecting something like this...lol.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 04:33:36 AM »

Not much more significant than the actual reward. It was a bit of a last minute thing.

Braid
PhreakLogic
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 05:18:41 AM »

So what's the world record? Tongue
Austinthegamer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »

2 Things.

1.) I've begun to speedrun this and 2.) Would you ever do a Master Quest version of this?

I am so tired of these god dang Links in my god dang Sacred Realms
Fishaman P
Regular Guay

12 Year Old Grill

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 01:57:16 AM »

2.) Would you ever do a Master Quest version of this?
This.  Although playing through Master Quest's dungeons would be more authentic with the normal equipment like the hookshot, I can't be bothered with the unchanged overworld.

What dos RBA stand for?
Reverse Bel-Air.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: