ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:20:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Route Development (Adult 1 in the works)  (Read 61108 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 01:34:44 AM »

Tomorrow I'll start

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 02:19:47 AM »

Tomorrow I'll start

Yay! Grin Grin Grin

I've been working on optimizing the child dungeons. I'll post the routes tomorrow.

Also, if you could include your time... it would be great to see someone else's
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:32:08 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »

OoT3D 100% Adult 1 Developing Route:

- Pocket Egg
- Hookshot
- Windmill <3 (Trick to get it early if you miss)
- Song of Storms
- Wake Talon
- 100% Kakariko (play Sun's Song, Night Gold Skulltula, play Sun's Song, Egg Hatch)
- Cojiro
- 100% Graveyard
- Poe Hover to Shadow Temple
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:12:02 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

- 100% LRR
- Pocket Egg
- 100% Kakariko (play Sun's Song, Night Gold Skulltula, play Sun's Song, Egg Hatch)
- Wake Talon
- Cojiro
- Hookshot
- Song of Storms
- Windmill <3 (Trick to get it early if you miss)
- 100% Graveyard
- Poe Hover to Shadow Temple

I think the GS(s?) at LLR require Hookshot. Is Epona even needed for 100%? We could just bombslide everywhere until it's either convenient to go to LLR or at the end of the game.

Which GS are you talking about in that KV route? I recommend Talon after Hookshot, since the windmill is closer to that house than the Cucco Lady. Why exactly do we get the windmill HP after the SoS?

Are there any GSs in Graveyard as adult? I don't think there are, there's just the HP on the Shadow Early cliff.

I've been trying to practice ISG. It still seems really random, but that segment is easy enough that screwing up ISG at the end won't be too bad. Good work Tom!

My brother deleted my files (cuz he's a wad), so I'll be a while in working on a Shadow route.

Any tips for ISG? XD

In my most recent playthrough of the game (to re-establish my 100% glitchless file), I think it will be best to megasidehop to the basement, because I broke the second web when I did. Grin Is there flame storage in 3D? If there isn't, we still have to do the entire dungeon for that one sonuvabitch GS. Unless flame storage is cancelled when you crawl...

I'll post the DC route later.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:04 PM »

Fixed all you pointed out

Great practice resource for 3D ISG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4vh10tf_g

Web clipping is in, I tested it a few times (if you don't make the web -> web 2 in 1 side hop). If flame storage isn't, we can just push the box down

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:06:46 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 12:45:51 AM »

FUUUCK we'll have to come back to get that scarecrow GS if we do Shadow Early because we need longshot! Ugh...

DC 100% child
- Smash wall, smash other wall to Baby Dodongo hallway
- Smash wall for GS, to Lizalfos room
- Kill Lizalfos using one normal pound and a jump attack
- Light torches
- Backwalk to switch, cross to newly opened door
- Lower staircase, 6 backflips, pound at top to kill Skulltula, angle-change climb (L-target in the direction of the GS and climb vine. when you let go, you'll still be facing that direction) to Deku JS GS
- Cross bridge
- Alternate between hammer and stick to avoid Navi text, climb ladder and smash wall
- 1st hellfire skip
- Kill Lizalfos
- 2nd hellfire skip
- bomb the eyes
- To next room
- KILL THAT FUCKING KEESE, smash wall for GS, KILL THE FUCKING KEESE AGAIN, to next room
- Push block, to KD
- Pound floor to break it (Link's heels want to be on the edge of the seam for this to work), kill KD, backwalk to HC, sidehop and jump attack into bluewarp

IJJB 100%
- Bomb explosion to hit uvula switch
- CAST FARORE'S WIND
- To Ruto, drop after her
- GS with Ruto throws
- Back to stomach
- To intestines
- Yellow Switch, ditch Ruto
- Kill the thingies with Deku Nuts, Rang
- Backflip trick on blue switch
- Kill tentacle, leave
- Kill other tentacles, to stomach
- drop down far right hole, kill both GSs with rang, use FW
- Megaflip, backflip trick
- Rang switch, rang GS, to Barinade
- Use 4 Broken Deku Sticks to kill

ItDT will be up after I finish digging through R&D to see if flame storage was found.
What's great about the megahop (I think it should be called that instead of megasidehop Undecided) is that you can jump off the web and grab the vines so you don't fall all the way into the water. You need to be quick though, and hold left.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:16:08 AM by Norkix » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2012, 01:42:11 AM »

Dungeons look great Norki

maybe we should explore Forest first, going back for only 1 GS is no good

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:53 AM »

You should be able to hoverslide to that skull if it's going to be such a big deal.
Although Im for sure up to delay shadow in any route  Cheesy

EDIT: Yes the hoverslide to the skulltula works. You have to grab the edge or gainer or something for the extra height. Obvi grabbing the edge is easiest  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:39:33 PM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2012, 02:50:39 AM »

You should be able to hoverslide to that skull

Hubba-wha? Hoverslide to a platform we normally longshot to?

So, has anyone else tried to run the child route? I'm still remaking my 100% file so I can get NG+. I'd appreciate it if you guys could run it and post your times.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:10:21 AM by Norkix » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »

OKAY! I now have a file that I can get NG+ with once again! And its saved in the Water Temple so I'm right next to the Fishing Pond!

Tom, have you run the Child Route yet? What about gamestabled? I need someone else's time to compare mine with so I can decide whether or not I need to record it.

I'd like to encourage anyone who is at all interested to please post. Your suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. I will test them and let you know how they work out. Unless they're completely ludicrous. Currently, we are working on Shadow Temple 100% route and dungeon order for Adult. Note that dungeon order suggestions need to be backed up.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »

I'm pretty busy, gamestabled may be as well. If I get some time certainly going to run it.

also, get bottle on b and save in the fishing pond, your file will keep bottle on b for good. When you load the save you'll be in the Temle of Time with the bottle (unless you don't want a corrupt file)

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »

Video quality test

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2012, 01:00:46 AM »

I should have thought of this much earlier, only useful glitch I ever discovered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oc038AZ1Fc&feature=plcp

This would skip loads of time collecting the BGS, and we could save right after getting the broken sword (you won't need the Saw on B after) . That also makes segmented a better option. We could do CS skips (if I confirm them it'd be so fucking cool to put in a run) and it won't be such a big deal to redo to get it.

All in all, it sucks that so much work was put into NG+ Hammer, but this would save much more time all together I believe between almost skipping the whole Adult trade game, redoing tricks, possible CS skips, and save warps as child.

Norkix, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to work on it, and would love help. Plus you really wanted segmented when we started this now we can do it. Maybe we could just write one and compare times between the current route and a new one using this trick

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

Shocked
I gotta admit I will miss my epic hammer toy...but this is actually a fantastic realization Tom! Segments/Save warps, deathwarps/cutscene skips?, and being able to equip the kokiri sword (triple slash clip/dive and damage purposes), I think on its own will save loads of time in Child 1.

Do you know, out of curiosity, can you trade for any other adult items as child? Like the eyeball frog?

To get the death cutscene skips we need a way to delay to delay the warps, a "text-item" used with restricted-items could work. Have fun with that. Im liking this new route idea!

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 02:00:14 AM »

I'm real sad to see the hammer go too, but it's cool because of all this neat things we can do now. I can't remember what other items did and did not work except I know you can get Cojiro if Pocket Egg is on B, and the guy who sits in front of the Kak tree didn't recognize it. Very strange limits, more testing is needed for sure.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: