ZSR Forums
April 30, 2024, 11:01:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Route Development (Adult 1 in the works)  (Read 61475 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »

Have a bottle with fish

- Release and recatch it
- Backflip onto a switch and release the fish the moment you land

You won't have that much more time, but enough time

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »

Have a bottle with fish

- Release and recatch it
- Backflip onto a switch and release the fish the moment you land

You won't have that much more time, but enough time

No need for fish, works with bean.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 03:27:14 AM »

Okay, just beat Barinade. Hammer doesnt work on it, so we need three Deku Sticks to kill it.

Polished up my rupee route in the first post, gonna change the place of Saria's Song HP to Lost Woods trip after IJJB, which will also be when we get Deku Stick upgrade. Will update first post after I reach Deku Tree.

Tom, thanks for the blueprint route, its turning out great!

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »

Stayed up all night and FINISHED CHILD, yay! Should I or should I not attempt a recording? I'm pretty sure we have something I can mount my iPod on, and I'm on spring break, so I have a lot of time on my hands.

Once again, thanks to Tom Nook for the blueprint!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:45:13 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »

Okay, so... Time to start work on Adult 1. There are a few things to decide on before we start: Get Epona immediately (LLR is RIGHT THERE when we get out of town) or wait til later, dungeon order (Hover Boots might make Shadow Early worth the Poe Hover), whether or not we should get Poe Bottle in this section for less bug trips as child, and when to go BiT for Child 2 (which would be getting the soil GSs and Spirit GSs and a few more HPs).

Questions:
Is Gerudo Membership Card required? I don't remember if it's on the Gear Screen or not.
How many time savers require hoverboosts? If there aren't that many, then Shadow Early may not be worth the trouble.
Does anyone besides me even care anymore? Huh
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:25:19 PM by SamusXLink » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »

I'll get on this when my Any% is done :}

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »

Thanks Tom! I wonder if gamestabled will show up again too...

I really want to finish this, it'll be my first major contribution to the ZSR community.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »

Hmmmm...now that Im thinking about this, would it be more effective to beat fire as child or adult? Probably still adult, because we need legit hammer anyways. However... going in as child to set up for the hammer quickly (or even just get the hammer as child and beat it?) could be faster. Who knows yet.

I dont see why not to go just get epona. Epona race glitch aww yeahh
Gerudo Card/Shard of Agony are required

As far as Poe hover...it probably would be worth it. But I'd really rather not do that...you know...

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 02:20:34 AM »

DAMN YOU MEMBERSHIP CARD! Gah... Angry

Okay, I'm gonna find a list of GSs and HPs to make getting pick ups along the route easy.

What is this race glitch you speak of, gamestabled? If it is a trick for ensuring victory for both races, I know it. If it is something else, please elaborate.

After Epona, I think its straight to Kakariko for Hookshot, Dampe HP, Windmill HP, SoS, Pocket Egg, Shadow Early (sorry gamestabled Sad)

What do you guys think of that?

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 02:27:37 AM »

The race glitch is something CloudMax came up with a while ago, genius trick if you ask me. Look for it on YouTube, he has an OoT3D archive on his channel

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »

I'll check it out at the library tomorrow afternoon. What are your thoughts on the route for seg 1?

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »

I'm going to time Child 1 so we have a general idea for how long it will take. I'll edit this post with my time when I get a run with minimal mistakes. (hopefully my first Wink)

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »

Okay, so... I keep forgetting a Deku Stick somewhere, so I always have to give up when I get to Barinade at around 1h 25m. This really sucks. I'm sorry this is taking so long. I'm going to guesstimate something like 2h 10-15m for a run with a few screw ups. I'll keep trying though Wink

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2012, 01:25:55 AM »

Okay seriously, let's get the brainstorm going on the first adult part. Let's think dungeon order and how to fit the trading sequence in. Come on, let's go! I can't do this by myself!

Also, I figured out why I was missing sticks at Barinade. You get the sticks in Goron City after coming out of Death Mountain Crater.

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »

Okay, I just got a 2:35:26 2:45:26 from file select to pulling the Master Sword. It could definitely be made a lot shorter; I kept screwing up hellfire skip and Jabu megaflip (That platform is REALLY small).

Now seriously, let's get started on Adult! This is where things get ridiculous: We need to come up with a dungeon route, a way to fit the trading sequence in, and, of course, find the pick-ups along the route. My personal opinion for dungeon route is Shadow-Forest-Spirit-Fire-Water. We can get the pocket Cucco on the way to Shadow, go through the trading sequence to the Saw and go to Forest, get the Broken Sword on the way to Spirit, give that to Biggoron on the way to Fire, and finish the trading sequence after Water with the help of Laboratory Clip into Zora's Domain. Then we just clean up the child pick-ups and any adult ones that weren't conveniently located on the initial route and go to the finale.

Please think carefully about alternate routes before saying this one is good.

Let's do this guys!

EDIT: That first time for Child 1 was wrong, 3 and 4 are right next to each other and I guess the touch screen on my 3DS wasn't clibrated correctly in that general area.
Anyway, I shaved it down to 2:37:42, but it can still be improved by three to five minutes with little to no mistakes. I won't be able to record until I get a new iPod (my Nano somehow bricked itself Shocked) or VXK lets me borrow his (which isn't very likely Undecided). Hopefully I'll get an iPod Touch so I can upload directly to YouTube instead of having to go to the library.

EDIT 2: I checked out the race glitch. You need to be swordless for it to work. Since we equip the Kokiri Sword as child, we can't become swordless via Lon-Lon Stick + S&Q. Unless it works via RI, we can't use the race glitch. Undecided

Quote from: SamusXLink
Does anyone besides me even care anymore? Huh
I know I said think but a "I'll see what I can come up with would be great for my morale. Just saying...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:21:49 PM by SamusXLink » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: